AoA Food Court

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by dizneemaineeak, Nov 27, 2012.

1. ManyMinnie

ManyMinnie DIS Veteran

I love homemade baked mac n cheese. I took one bite of my DD's and realized why she wouldn't eat it. :crazy2:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ManyMinnie

ManyMinnie DIS Veteran

Agreed the holes in the garbage cans were way too small and service was very slow.

4. Southern Bell

Southern Bell DIS Veteran

We will have our vehicle and sometimes eat a couple of times out of Disney. Its just nice that if you have spent the day at the parks to come back to your resort and order something or even take it back to your room if you are tired.

5. PattnFmly

PattnFmly <font color=darkorchid>DH drove me crazy last nigh

Some questions I'm hoping someone will answer:
    1) What is tandoori? What is Mongolian? Spicy? Heavy? Family doesn't like "big" flavors so not sure this would go over well.
    2) Why no potatoes? Only rice for a side? (besides veggies that is) While I can eat rice once a week or so, can't imagine eating rice as a side all the time.
    3) What sauces are available for make-your-own pasta? Red? Meatless? w/Meat? Alfredo? Pesto?
    I can't really see us eating dinner there if we stay there if the only real "meals" are tandoori, Mongolian and pasta. I don't consider pizza or sandwiches to be dinner. Lunch yes, but dinner no. We like a "meal" at dinner.

6. Desnik

Desnik <font color=teal>I actually love packing and plann

We stayed at AoA Xmas week and ate at the food court there and at POP.

We found the two comparable. They were both great. Lots of choices and the food was always fresh and tasty. There was something for all of us and we are picky eaters. I have dietary issues as well and it was easy for me to find something to eat.

We have no problem cleaning up after ourselves and putting the plates and silverware in different spots. It's not a big deal at all.

We also didn't mind waiting a little longer for freshly cooked food. It actually was quicker than we thought it would be. I remember reading reports of how slow it would be and since we were there Xmas week I thought for sure we would have really long waits. That wasn't the case at all!

7. Desnik

Desnik <font color=teal>I actually love packing and plann

I'll try and answer your questions as best I could from memory of when we were there Xmas week.

1. Tandori chicken is a chicken with indian flavors. It's marinated in yogurt, lemon juice and spices.
    Mongolian is sort of like Chinese food. It's flank steak stir fried with veggies in a brown sauce. I had the Mongolian beef and it was not spicy nor was it heavy. I can't eat anything with big flavors or any kind of spice and it was fine for me.

2. I thought I saw more options than just rice. I think there are pictures of the menus online so you can do a search for more info.

3.Make your own pasta did have red sauce, alfredo, and pesto as options. There were more but I'm sorry I can't recall.

8. rosiegmendez

rosiegmendez Mouseketeer

AoA did not have regular mac and cheese (they had some sort of dry macaroni casserole thing), grilled cheese made with some sort of whole grain goldfish cracker bread. I enjoyed the pasta bar but the kids were not pleased with their options. Even the pizza tasted a little off. The deserts looked good but lacked flavor.

We did a split stay and moved to POR and their food court is awesome! Good mac and cheese? Check! Great pizzas to go? Check! Grilled Cheese with great bread? check! And dont get me started on deserts - their bakery is so good. AoA needs to work on the food offerings and stick to a traditional menu for kids.

I'm adding the dancing banana here becuase my daughter insists! :banana: