Anywhere to fly kites on CC?

dzneprincess

This page intentionally left blank
Evening all!
I was at the store today, and I saw some kites and thoguht it would be a good idea to take them on the cruise. However, I then wondered if we were allowed to that on CC. Does anyone know?
Thanks
Amanda

Anywhere to fly kites on CC?

Considering the limited number of skyscrapers on the island, I'd assume kite flying was permitted most anywhere...

Considering the limited number of skyscrapers on the island, I'd assume kite flying was permitted most anywhere

You mean to tell me that they don't have skyscrapers on CC? :p

The beach would probably be a perfect place.

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
Considering the limited number of skyscrapers on the island, I'd assume kite flying was permitted most anywhere...

Well I just wanted to make sure I didn't offend any of you upper class folks with my kmart kite in my walmart clothes with my target kids!!!!!!! teehee;)

If you're talking about duel line kites (AKA stunt kites) then I don't think there's a beach on CC that would have the space for you to fly them. With the people, lawn chairs, palm trees, etc there just isn't that much room left for kites. Also, the kite lines and the kites themselves can be dangerous around people, especially if you're a novice kite flier. Another thing, they don't allow you "out of bounds" on the island to find a quiet/uncrowded place. I've flown stunt kites for over 20 years and I know how hard (and frustrating) it can be to find a good, uncrowded spot to fly.

Originally posted by Cindyluwho
If you're talking about duel line kites (AKA stunt kites) then I don't think there's a beach on CC that would have the space for you to fly them. With the people, lawn chairs, palm trees, etc there just isn't that much room left for kites. Also, the kite lines and the kites themselves can be dangerous around people, especially if you're a novice kite flier. Another thing, they don't allow you "out of bounds" on the island to find a quiet/uncrowded place. I've flown stunt kites for over 20 years and I know how hard (and frustrating) it can be to find a good, uncrowded spot to fly.
nah! LOL just wimpy ole Kmart kites...just something to entertain for a bit :-)

I could be REALLY wrong here, but I think this topic came up a few or more months ago, and it was determined that kite flying was not allowed on CC.

Hopefully Dave or Barb knows for sure.

If you are an adult and plan on heading to SB, I can't imagine that anyone would say anything if you were to do it down on the very far end.

Anne

Originally posted by dzneprincess
Well I just wanted to make sure I didn't offend any of you upper class folks with my kmart kite in my walmart clothes with my target kids!!!!!!! teehee;)

Hey, you updown girl, you have insulted us Goodwill/Salvation Army shoppers!~

Rae

And what about us yard sale shoppers!

I would love to know the final answer on the kite question. DH have a small foldable kite that he sometimes takes on vacation. Never thought about it at CC. Might just have to pack it if he can fly it there.

Anyone know the answer yet?
DJ

Sorry to post this here but westjones, are you still with us 2/21/04? Please respond at the link you started as we haven't heard from you lately and would like to hear from you.

Woody

Hi Woody!
No, we switched our cruise to the Sept. 18th Eastern 7 Night. I wish I could afford to do both, but we had to decide on one, and went with the September one because it is our twin DDs birthday.

It is going to be hard when that date comes around knowing we were 'suppose' to be on board with you.

Oh well! I hope to hear a trip report when you guys get back.
DJ

We brought an inexpensive kite on our first cruise in 01. Sent DH & DS over to where the water sports stuff is (at the first part of the beach, not many people sitting there, lots of space. It was late in the day so not a lot going on there. We were never told we couldn't use it (don't know if thingshave changed). I left it at the place where you get the snorkel equipment for the cast members/others so we wouldn't have to carry it home. If still allowed, another place might be the landing strip onthe way to the adult beach (on the bike path), big open area but trees/bushes on the perimeter.

Originally posted by Cindyluwho
I know how hard (and frustrating) it can be to find a good, uncrowded spot to fly.

Not to mention the landing!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter