Anywhere to buy liquor near the resorts??

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jazz0007, Aug 24, 2007.

1. jazz0007

jazz0007 DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if there are any stores that sell liquor...not just drinks but a bottle to have in your room?? We're staying at the POR.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. aladdinsgirl

aladdinsgirl She's a rebel. She's a saint.

All of the resort stores sell bottles of alcohol, I think it's usually behind register. I know for a fact that Jackson Square at POFQ sells whiskey, rum, etc as we stayed there after running the marathon in January and I joked about buying a bottle of Jack Daniels to numb the pain. :)

4. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

aladdinsgirl, BenGay or Capsaicin do the same thing, and they're cheaper... oh, wait - you meant numb it from the INside! Got it! :teeth:

5. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

on property is very, very expensive. If you have a car there are stores nearby less expensive.

6. jazz0007

jazz0007 DIS Veteran

Incase anyone else had this question.....I just found out online that it's ok to have liquor in your CHECKED baggage as long as it's not more than 70% alcohol. :)

7. dyna

dyna DIS Veteran

We always have our own transportation yet unless we need a lot of something or several things it just not worth it to leave property regardless of price for just 1 thing.

With the price of gas the time involved etc look around on property before going off property. Try the gas stations with the convience stores.

8. disnut8

disnut8 DIS Veteran

Ask at your resort for the closest liquor store and they will be able to give you directions. Hard liquor isn't my thing so I can't remember if it's sold in grocery stores or not. If it's sold in grocery stores, there's plenty of those around the Disney area.

But it definitely is sold at the Disney gift shops. A bit more expensive but right there.

9. mrsmom

mrsmom <font color=green>Drinks P.C.'s in the C.C. at P.I

There is a liquor store near downtown disney at the crossroads it's next to goodings store.

Kim

10. shaniadobie

shaniadobie Mouseketeer

well my DH, and DBIL take a bus to DTD walk across the street to the Hess Gas station grab some beer and head back to the resort.
    it's alot cheaper then the 12 bucks for a 6pack they sell in the stores at the resorts

11. eeyore_is#1

eeyore_is#1 Earning My Ears

<scribbles down note... near Goodings... alcohol...>

Now *this* is a topic that should be stickied. :)

12. TINKB72

TINKB72 Mouseketeer

I would say this is probably the best (and cheapest) option. DBF and I (after the 1st year of paying ridiculously expensive prices for a 6 pack) had a car the last 3 trips, so we would go to the liquor store next to Gooding's and pick up our beer there. This year (we're going for Xmas 11/30-12/7 :banana: :banana: ) we aren't renting a car, so I think this is what we're going to be doing as well! :thumbsup2

13. DiskneeFan

DiskneeFan Mouseketeer

I'm in!!!!!!!!!:drinking1