Anyone's 60 day FP+ window open willing to do a test for me?

steve_rob

Mine? Mine? Mine? Mine?
Staying off-site in September/October and our 30 day FP+ window opens next week. As it's our first time back to Orlando since FP+ started, I did some test bookings over the last few days to familiarise myself with the system and also to see what FPs we might be able to get. Everything went swimmingly for Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, where we could get the rides we wanted - even 12+ hours after the window had opened.

Magic Kingdom was also good, unless you wanted Seven Dwarves Mine Train (which we do) or Anna and Elsa (which we don't). On the three days I tried, only one of them came back with any availability for 7DMT and that was for the last hour of park opening, with me logging on at just after 5am. Within half an hour even that was gone.

So I was wondering if anyone out there who is going out there soon but staying on-site, could look at the 60 day version for me and let me know if there are any 7DMT FP's left on two particular dates? We're planning to go to MK on the 22nd September and 2nd October (both FPs would be for just 2 people). They're both MNSSHP nights, so with the park closing early, I'm guessing they'll be in short supply.

If there isn't any availability, it's not a big deal as we'll just take our chances in the standby queue. But at least I'll know in advance and will be able to stay in bed an get an extra hour or so of sleep before making my FP+ bookings, rather than forcing myself up at 5am just to end up all disappointed.

Uh oh, now you've got me worried. My MK FP+ are the next ones to book on my list (i did AK this morning and it was easy) and like you we really really really want 7DMT...

It will be interested to see what people with the 60 days come back and say. I shall be watching this thread closely.

I've not got a trip booked so can't help there

In my experience booking both @ 30 and 60 days, it's more difficult to get FPs at the beginning of your window than the end. Especially at 30 Days.

If you think, there are people who's windows overlap yours who will already have booked during your first half of your trip.

I'd concentrate on getting difficult FPs for the end of your trip, and maybe hitting a rope drop or magic hours to try your luck before then.

Steve, you are right that the MNSSHP will make if difficult for 7DMT that day.

I was just able to check September 22nd for you and I could change my FP+ for Splash to 7DMT if I wanted (solo rider though). Leaving on the 26th so I couldn't check the October date for you.

Have you tried to check for individual FPs and then try to get overlapping windows?

@godders, thanks for taking a look for me - that's given me a little optimism, but I'm still tempted to just have a lie-in and settle for FPs for things like Big Thunder, Splash and Space Mountains instead. Might be worth trying the split ticket / overlap trick, but may save this for the second MK date.

We will be getting there for rope drop (we do for all parks), but with my DW having a bad ankle, she can't walk fast and so by the time we get to the standby line, it'll probably be at least a 40-50 minute queue regardless, which is why FP would be the preference if we could get them. But as I said, I'm only going to bother waking up early if there's actually a good chance of getting them - all the other parks it looks like it won't be a problem, so will book those at a normal hour of the day!

@godders, thanks for taking a look for me - that's given me a little optimism, but I'm still tempted to just have a lie-in and settle for FPs for things like Big Thunder, Splash and Space Mountains instead. Might be worth trying the split ticket / overlap trick, but may save this for the second MK date.

We will be getting there for rope drop (we do for all parks), but with my DW having a bad ankle, she can't walk fast and so by the time we get to the standby line, it'll probably be at least a 40-50 minute queue regardless, which is why FP would be the preference if we could get them. But as I said, I'm only going to bother waking up early if there's actually a good chance of getting them - all the other parks it looks like it won't be a problem, so will book those at a normal hour of the day!

No worries. You can also try at the end of the night at MK. Ride lines tend to drop then also. As long as you are in line at ride close you will still be able to ride. Also parade time and fireworks tend to shorten the line also

Just checked the 2nd October, sorry no 7dmt available when I changed FP for 2,3,4 people but could for 1 person the same as godders

Did our 60 day fp+ 2 weeks ago and was up about hour after it opened and got a slot roughly when I wanted but was surprised how few slots were still available. People change a lot so even if not available at first should still get a decent time eventually

Well the cat woke me up at 5:10 this morning chasing a moth across the bed, so I thought I'd go ahead and book my AK fastpasses anyway as I was up. No problem in getting exactly what I wanted and after a little tinkering with the times, exactly when I wanted. Tomorrow is the important one (MK) so am currently trying to persuade the cat to do the same again. Maybe an alarm clock might be a better idea...

just a head up, i booked my Magic Kingdom ones today (at 6am UK time) and there were no 7DMT or anna & Elsa... zip.

I hope you have better luck!

I booked our FP+s last Monday for 60 days out and was also surprised by the limited availability for some attractions however I did manage to get what we wanted after a few tweaks.

Is it worth trying to book the FP+s separately so the system thinks you are single riders?

We tried to book 7DMT for any of the 14 days of our holiday without success, however we did ride it on Thursday night. We joined the queue after the fireworks and only waited about 30 mins - well worth it!

should have added we didn't try booking for any Frozen attractions but I think I may go in the stand by line for the singalong at Hollywood Studios later in the week

We tried to book 7DMT for any of the 14 days of our holiday without success, however we did ride it on Thursday night. We joined the queue after the fireworks and only waited about 30 mins - well worth it!

We went in July and managed to get a FP, but like buzz242 also rode again just after the fireworks. We watched them from the bridge near Gastons Tavern and then walked straight to 7DMT and it was nearly walk on. As we came off the queue had gone back up to 45 mins.

Good luck with your FP.

Last year we managed to get seven dwarfs at the 30 day mark no problem and that was for 11th August onwards. In fact we got it for three different days. The only thing we had to do was to book each one separately and then get the overlapping times. So originally when I tried to get FP for all three it said not available so I did one at a time and then got three times which all overlapped by atleast 10 minutes. It's takes some messing around but I would think September would be less busy than August. There are lots of tips for getting the FP you want over on the theme park boards. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter