Anyone with experience booking ADRs for a trip longer than 10 days?

Akess

Mouseketeer
My trip is Dec. 15-27. I didn't realize until last week that on my 180 day mark I could only make my ADRs up until Dec. 24. I then wondered WHEN I could make my ADR for Christmas Day dinner, which is one of the, if not THE most important ADR to us. I called Disney to find out. One representative told me I would have to wait until 180 days out from my trip to my make my Christmas Day ADR, so June 28; whereas, I can make my reservations for Dec. 15-24 on June 18 (180+10). I then called Disney back later in the evening and asked the same question. I spoke with a different representative and he told me that the information I was given previously was incorrect, and that I could actually make my Christmas Day reservation on June 19...one day after my (180+10 day). Both representatives were confident that they were correct and the second representative even told me he was 100% sure this was accurate.

Does anyone who has actually made ADRs for a trip longer than 10 days know the correct answer to my above question?

You will be able to make your Christmas adr the 19th at the latest. We stay for 14 nights minimum and the last 4 Adrs are done 1 day at a time this way but I will add to try making it on the 18th along with your others as we have been lucky enough to do them all at once at 180 days out from our arrival day last year. We were staying onsite and booked them online. Hope this helps. Definitely the 19th at the latest :)

You will be able to make your Christmas adr the 19th at the latest. We stay for 14 nights minimum and the last 4 Adrs are done 1 day at a time this way but I will add to try making it on the 18th along with your others as we have been lucky enough to do them all at once at 180 days out from our arrival day last year. We were staying onsite and booked them online. Hope this helps. Definitely the 19th at the latest :)

Thank You! Even a travel agent on another discussion board I inquired about this was confident I had to wait until June 28. This is the longest trip we have ever taken and is only so long because we wanted to build in days to just hangout at our resort (WL) this trip. Out of curiosity, how do you spend your days on trips 14 days or longer?

Yes, we stayed last year for 12 days. I did the 180 + 10 for the first 10 days and they went on the next 2 days to make my last 2 days. So in your case if June 18 is your 180 + 10, then June 19th you can make your Christmas reservation.

Last year we stayed 11 and I made the first 10 on the 180 day, then the next morning I could do the last one.

Thank You! Even a travel agent on another discussion board I inquired about this was confident I had to wait until June 28. This is the longest trip we have ever taken and is only so long because we wanted to build in days to just hangout at our resort (WL) this trip. Out of curiosity, how do you spend your days on trips 14 days or longer?

Lots and lots of lazy resort time lol. Love it when we can make it 15/16 nights as that extra night or two just makes it seem so much longer. We have 14 day UK tickets so take much more time to stop and smell the roses in our park days and always book a sit down meal each night. Believe me the time flies by :). We do have 9 hour flights to get to Florida and often have to either drive to Dublin or fly to London the night before to make those flights so the journey is quite long and expensive which is why we like to stay as long as possible :)

So glad you asked this question, we are stayin 14 nights in Dec also, so I know now how to do it for our stay.
We are coming from Sydney Australia, so all up , 1 hr to get to airport, 14 hours to L.A, 3 hour layover and then 4-5 hour flight to MCO. Looking at close to 24 hrs from our door to Mickeys door.:crazy2::crazy2:

Lots and lots of lazy resort time lol. Love it when we can make it 15/16 nights as that extra night or two just makes it seem so much longer. We have 14 day UK tickets so take much more time to stop and smell the roses in our park days and always book a sit down meal each night. Believe me the time flies by :). We do have 9 hour flights to get to Florida and often have to either drive to Dublin or fly to London the night before to make those flights so the journey is quite long and expensive which is why we like to stay as long as possible :)[/QUOTE
Yes, we stayed last year for 12 days. I did the 180 + 10 for the first 10 days and they went on the next 2 days to make my last 2 days. So in your case if June 18 is your 180 + 10, then June 19th you can make your Christmas reservation.
Thank you!

Lots and lots of lazy resort time lol. Love it when we can make it 15/16 nights as that extra night or two just makes it seem so much longer. We have 14 day UK tickets so take much more time to stop and smell the roses in our park days and always book a sit down meal each night. Believe me the time flies by :). We do have 9 hour flights to get to Florida and often have to either drive to Dublin or fly to London the night before to make those flights so the journey is quite long and expensive which is why we like to stay as long as possible :)
Great. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy for wanting more resort time over park days. Everyone I have talked to said I have too many resort days and if it was them, they would be going to the parks more. We are planning 7 or 8 park days (including MVCMP) and the rest will be resort days. I figure we are spending a pretty penny to stay at the Wilderness Lodge for Christmas that it would be a waste to never get to actually enjoy the resort. We only have a 2 1/2 hour flight (nonstop) and a 1 1/2 hour drive to the airport from our home, so I'm pretty lucky in that regard. I don't envy your flight time, but I'm sure it will be worth it when you get to your destination.

So glad you asked this question, we are stayin 14 nights in Dec also, so I know now how to do it for our stay.
We are coming from Sydney Australia, so all up , 1 hr to get to airport, 14 hours to L.A, 3 hour layover and then 4-5 hour flight to MCO. Looking at close to 24 hrs from our door to Mickeys door.:crazy2::crazy2:
Yikes...24 hours door to door. I hope you enjoy your trip and are well rested from your travels before your fist park day so you can enjoy it fully.

Great. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy for wanting more resort time over park days. Everyone I have talked to said I have too many resort days and if it was them, they would be going to the parks more. We are planning 7 or 8 park days (including MVCMP) and the rest will be resort days. I figure we are spending a pretty penny to stay at the Wilderness Lodge for Christmas that it would be a waste to never get to actually enjoy the resort. We only have a 2 1/2 hour flight (nonstop) and a 1 1/2 hour drive to the airport from our home, so I'm pretty lucky in that regard. I don't envy your flight time, but I'm sure it will be worth it when you get to your destination.

I would love to stay at WL overr Christmas and totally agree you pay alot to stay so you will definitely want to enjoy all that it offers.. Bet there's loads going on for the holidays :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter