Anyone with an Ostomy out there?

chirurgeon

I am a delicate flower and need my sleep.
I just got an ileostomy 2 weeks ago as part of my treatment for rectal cancer. (Dr said they got all the cancer and the pathology came back clear, so that part is good). I will have to have this through out my backup chemo, so I will still have it for my post chemo Disney trip in December. I am still recovering from surgery at home, so I haven't been out and had to empty my bag yet. My question is, do you empty your bag in the regular rest room, or do you try to find something more private like at the first aid stations? I don't really want to be trapsing all over the parks when I need to empy my bag. Do you use the handicapped stall since the toilet is higher?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi
My mum has a colostomy and a urostomy for similar reasons to yourself. She empties the urostomy in the regular bathroom stall and the colostomy just needs changing daily.
Hope that helps!
Heather

I am a nurse and I know that an ileostomy can need frequent emptying. I don't see any reason why you could not do this in a bathroom stall. If you wanted more privacy and room you might want to use one of the companion bathrooms that are located throughout the parks.

Thank you both for your replies. I think I am going to be using the regular restrooms. Not enough time to go searching for the companion ones.

chirurgeon said:
Thank you both for your replies. I think I am going to be using the regular restrooms. Not enough time to go searching for the companion ones.
In general they are next to or near the regular bathrooms . They arent near every bathroom however. I think there is a listing of the locations in the guide for guests with disabilities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter