Anyone want to read about our super quick whirlwind road trip to the world?

Your "quick" trip report has been awesome! Thank you so much for sharing it. I have no idea when our next trip will be so I also live vicariously through these trip reports.

Your "quick" trip report has been awesome! Thank you so much for sharing it. I have no idea when our next trip will be so I also live vicariously through these trip reports.

Thanks for reading!! It is a lot of fun reading about everyone's trips...I'm thinking I may start a list now of all the things to do next time...or maybe a PTR even though who knows when it will be for lol.

Great mother/daughter trip! My DD9 is cranky and pouty too. What is it with that age?

I'm attempting rope drop for the first time on my next trip. I hope my family will "get it". Lol

Great mother/daughter trip! My DD9 is cranky and pouty too. What is it with that age?

I'm attempting rope drop for the first time on my next trip. I hope my family will "get it". Lol

Well they may not get it when the alarm sounds and they have to get out of bed...but they will when they see the crowds at noon....I recommend pointing out wait times later in the day for rides that you walked onto in the morning :) That helps them really "get it" :)) And oh yes...the drama of 9 year old girls...wow, I'm so scared for when she is a teenager!

Well they may not get it when the alarm sounds and they have to get out of bed...but they will when they see the crowds at noon....I recommend pointing out wait times later in the day for rides that you walked onto in the morning :) That helps them really "get it" :)) And oh yes...the drama of 9 year old girls...wow, I'm so scared for when she is a teenager!

And I'm going to have TWO teenagers, both girls. Ahhhhh!

Hi! Followed you over from my PTR. :wave2:

You were able to get a lot done in just a few days! I think you made a great decision about taking it easy on arrival and departure day. That's what we usually do. The only reason we're doing parks those days this trip is we will be walking distance to Epcot.

I had no idea you could walk to FW from WL! This has given me even more of a reason to go back to WL again.

Wow, you really lucked out after RD in MK. You rode a ton of rides with short waits. People Mover is my favorite ride, too. :thumbsup2

You were so smart to go back to WL for a break i

Wow, I can't believe DTD is still a construction nightmare. Glad you were able to enjoy Raglan Road.

Hi! Followed you over from my PTR. :wave2:

You were able to get a lot done in just a few days! I think you made a great decision about taking it easy on arrival and departure day. That's what we usually do. The only reason we're doing parks those days this trip is we will be walking distance to Epcot.

I had no idea you could walk to FW from WL! This has given me even more of a reason to go back to WL again.

Wow, you really lucked out after RD in MK. You rode a ton of rides with short waits. People Mover is my favorite ride, too. :thumbsup2

You were so smart to go back to WL for a break i

Wow, I can't believe DTD is still a construction nightmare. Glad you were able to enjoy Raglan Road.

Hey thanks for coming on over!! We did indeed get a lot done in just a few days and I think it was the perfect amount to squeeze in! That will be so awesome to be walking distance to Epcot...I would love to walk to a park...how cool! Yes, the walk between FW and WL was beautiful!! I have a feeling Disney doesn't really encourage people to walk that much between resorts lol...they kind of looked at me like I had 2 heads when I asked about walking lol...but it really wasn't far despite DD's bit of complaining! If it's really hot out I'd bring water though for that walk..but it was lovely.

Yeah DTD is a bit of a nightmare...but I'm really excited to see it when it's all done.

A few weeks ago I took my daughter on a sort of not really last minute quick road trip to Disney. We already had a 2 week trip planned to see my parents in South Florida...but I surprised her with 2 nights at Wilderness Lodge and as much Disney magic as we could cram in. It sure made me dream of a longer stay...but at least I got a bit of a Disney fix on and got to try some of the places I'd heard so much about.

Coming back to add some intros in case anyone is interested. Going on this little trip is just DD, Alexis, age 9 and myself, Kathy. I do have a hubby and a 12 year old boy, Carter...however...hubby was still back at home working in the cold (Toronto) and Carter was with my parents in South Florida. He doesn't do well with crowds at all...and also, my DD and he fight like cats and dogs constantly. I find we all get along so much better if we divide them up once in a while. So my parents took DS on a little trip to Ft. Lauderdale while we were at Disney. I know...kinda sad that DS didn't get to do Disney...but I will make it up to him some other time...and really...this way was a whole lot better for everyone's sanity!!

Subbing to come back later...now I know why you had to follow me, with a boy and girl at similar ages! I have to admit, dd was the one who really, really wanted to go, and ds was, y'know, okaay with going...

You were quick with that report! It's funny how your daughter liked a lot of stuff mine thought was way too tame, so I'm glad you could enjoy them!

You were quick with that report! It's funny how your daughter liked a lot of stuff mine thought was way too tame, so I'm glad you could enjoy them!

Hey thanks for following!! I wanted to get my TR done asap...especially since it was a quick trip...that was booked only about 45 days out...I'm a planner and all..but I have a really hard time committing more than about 2-3 months out...Anyway...yes, my DD likes the tame rides...even though she wants to act like a big kid...she is in kind of a tough in-between stage right now...She wants to dress like a tween...and is getting some of the 'tude of a tween lol...but is still a little kid in a lot of ways!

Yeah, we are both in for a long bit of in-between years. Mine is still like a little girl at times, but a lot has changed in the last year or so. The 13 yo is growing up a lot, too, but still needs a lot of help (and nagging). Just wait - that one starts high school next year, and it seems like that is going to be a huge adjustment.

And yes, I totally identify with not being able to plan more than 2-3 months out! Although right now, it seems like most of my plans end when school starts in the fall - I don't know how that is going to go, so I'm nervous to plan much of anything. We didn't plan our trip much sooner than yours - Feb 8 I think for our March 25 trip? At least, that's when we reserved our condo and really started making plans besides gee, it would be nice to go to Disney & Universal for Spring Break.

Just wait - that one starts high school next year, and it seems like that is going to be a huge adjustment.

And yes, I totally identify with not being able to plan more than 2-3 months out!

Gah...you're scaring me!! High school!! Yikes!! Lots of drama coming! I wish I could commit to plans 180 days out and get all the deals and prime ADR's etc...but it's just too soon to decide on anything for me! But the researching is fun!

OK I've never done one of these reports and I didn't actually take notes when we were there...so I'm gonna try to remember as much as I can because I love reading about what people did and loved and didn't etc.

So. On March 10th, we were already in Florida...staying with my parents about 3 1/2 hours South of Orlando. We got up bright and early. My daughter Alexis is 9, and myself were the only ones going.

Anyway...Tuesday March 10th, we got up at about 6am and finished packing, grabbed a quick bite, and hit the road! My daughter in the back armed with ipad and snacks and toys...and me driving. BTW...driving in FL scares the crap out of me lol. I live in Toronto and have no problem driving in the city or traffic...but I-95...yikes. I seriously find that half the drivers on that road are 100 years old and drive badly at a snail's pace...and the rest of the people are just insane...cutting each other off, not signalling for changing lanes...just scary. So anyway, I was a bit tense!! Thankfully the highway part of the drive went well until we got close to Disney. As we approached the famous sign I asked my DD to take a picture since I was driving...but sadly...we ended up with a picture of the glove compartment :) And then we got lost trying to find Wilderness Lodge lol. We had to pull in to a few hotels (luckily they all have super friendly gate attendants) to direct us the right way. Finally we found our "home" for two nights and got to the AMAZING lobby to check in!!

We were super excited to be there and couldn't wait to start our little adventure.
That lobby really is breathtaking when you first walk in! Can't wait to read the rest!

Oh well..on with the show. So. We arrived at WL and it was around 11:30am...after our multiple attempts to find the place. I was hoping to arrive earlier but what can you do. Since I didn't really know what time we would be arriving, I didn't really make any definitive plans for lunch. However, there were a few that I had hopes of trying due to all the recos around here...but not sure if it would happen on such a short trip. Luckily, when we arrived they were able to get us into a room asap. We got room 1007 which was on the first floor and opened right up into the pool area. It was a fantastic location....unless you wanted to go to bed before the geyser stopped erupting for the day...sigh. Good thing I had earplugs lol.

Anyway...we checked into our room. It was a bunk bed room! Yay!!. So my daughter at first thought she wanted the top bunk...she got up there....and couldn't get down. Sigh. So I told her unless she could learn how to get down, she would not be sleeping on the top...mean mom that I am. So she tried a few times...but sadly...for some reason the ladder scared her and she decided she couldn't learn how to do it...and proceeded to get all 9 year old dramatically sulky...ugh. I was all "we are at Disney, snap out of it" but...you know how kids are! I figured she must be hungry and that must be contributing to her moodiness. I went to the concierge since the internet on my phone was sketchy...and asked if we had any hope in hell of getting a ADR for lunch at Beaches and Cream very soon...he said the only thing showing as available was 2pm...but he recommended if we really wanted to go there, to just show up and see how long the wait was. He said that it was right near the Boardwalk so if we couldn't get in there would be other options. We decided to try it and hope for the best.

After lunch, we strolled around the Beach Club and then walked over to the Boardwalk. We did our first pin trade there - such a fun thing - we had never done it before. I had ordered a little starter set for Alexis and it didn't take her long to get right into the whole trading thing. She started looking for people with pins everywhere. So fun. She even figured out how to start collecting from a certain series etc.

I suggested we take a boat from the Boardwalk to DHS and then a bus back to WL from there - just for something different...but Alexis for some reason wanted nothing to do with the boat. So we waited for the bus outside the Boardwalk...it took a while, and of course we still had to go to MK and transfer to a bus back to WL. We finally got back around 3 PM and had a little time to hang out before moving on to our dinner plans!
Our DDs are the same age and I am quite familiar with the "sulk". Ahh, they will make fine teenagers. Your daughter is so pretty! My DD started pin trading this March trip, too! I bought her a starter set in MK. I wish I had bought an eBay grab bag before we went so she would have had ones to trade. She immediately got attached to the starter set I bought her and would not trade any of them

Glad to hear that she liked HDDR. We'll be staying at WL and I definitely want to go to FW as well.

I understand about no one commenting on your TR. I feel like I'm back in high school! No one wants to read my PTR! No one likes me! Aaaahhh! ;)
I felt the same way with my TR! lol

That lobby really is breathtaking when you first walk in! Can't wait to read the rest!

Thanks for reading!! I know...the lobby was so amazing. I would LOVE to see it at Christmas time....one day I hope! The "sulk" is a real thing lol...glad I'm not alone. Scared for age 13...in a big way...when the hormones really hit. Gah. The pins were a lot of fun too..my DD didn't get that attatched to hers...too bad though because I kind of liked the Muppet ones I had got her...but she traded them all away...oh well!

Kathy, I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner. Between work, our trip to Phoenix and being sick for a week, I just didn't have the time. i doubt I'll remember everything, but here goes.

I'm so glad that you and Alexis got to take this short little trip.

The WL is beautiful.

I'm glad you got to experience Beaches & Cream...such a fun place.

Wow with the WL geyer going off late at night.

So good that your DD got into pin trading.

Pooh twice? I'm jealous.

I'm with Alexis...I'd get popcorn over a cake, brownie, any day.

We normally skip Peter Pan unless we get on it first thing in the morning. It's just not worth the wait for us.

I am so excited after reading your review (and that you can substite) for our lunch at BOG. I've done dinner three times (and will be doing dinner again in a couple of weeks), but never lunch.

The Peoplemover is one of our favorite's...we could ride it all day.

Unfortunately, the monorail is either down for part of the day because of the construction OR it is having issues. We avoid it at all costs.

So glad you got to go to Kona for dinner...we love it there.

And perfect parade timing on your part and smart to go back and rest up with the 3+ hour drive the next day.

Ragland Road has also become a favorite of ours. Next time, try the Scallops Forest. You will thank me.

Thanks for sharing, and I hope you get back there real soon.

Kathy, I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner. Between work, our trip to Phoenix and being sick for a week, I just didn't have the time. i doubt I'll remember everything, but here goes.

Hey no worries! I know how life is and I hope the meds kick in and you feel better soon!

I'm so glad that you and Alexis got to take this short little trip.

The WL is beautiful.

I'm glad you got to experience Beaches & Cream...such a fun place.

I'm so glad we did too!! BUT...if there's a BUT...it just made me want to go back so badly I'm now totally DIS obsessed!! Dreaming about how I can get back there and stay longer and do all the things we didn't have time for!! Also, next time I think I want to go to Beaches and Cream and "just" get dessert so I'm sure to have room for a big sundae because they looked so good!

Wow with the WL geyer going off late at night.

Wow is right!! I kinda wished I'd known about that...but I doubt most Disney folks go to bed early anyway...but if you want to, it shouldn't be an issue. Now I know though for next time where to request a room!! I loved being on the ground floor...so I'd probably ask for that or the second...so not a lot of elevator waiting...but I'd want to be on a different side, not near the geyser lol.

So good that your DD got into pin trading.

Pooh twice? I'm jealous.

I'm with Alexis...I'd get popcorn over a cake, brownie, any day.

The pin trading was SO much fun! I'm glad we got into it too! We talked to people who we for sure wouldn't have. And she got over a bit of her shyness talking to new people. The first time she didn't want to do it, but after that she was raring to go! And yes, Pooh twice was indeed a treat!!

We normally skip Peter Pan unless we get on it first thing in the morning. It's just not worth the wait for us.

I am so excited after reading your review (and that you can substite) for our lunch at BOG. I've done dinner three times (and will be doing dinner again in a couple of weeks), but never lunch.

The Peoplemover is one of our favorite's...we could ride it all day.

Yeah Peter Pan is fun...but the line is ALWAYS so long and it moves very slowly...I'm glad we got a FP+ for it. I also wouldn't want to waste those precious post RD minutes at PP and miss out on a lot of other stuff that could happen then when lines are short elsewhere!! Yes, the substitution was a plus at BOG lunch...my DD would not have been happy if we couldn't change up the fries and beans!! And I would never be able to take my son there if he thought that tomato soup would even touch his plate!! I'm so happy to have found so many other Peoplemover lovers here on the DIS lol. My hubby thinks it's lame and I can't explain to him why I love it so much...but at least I can tell him there are lots of other people and real hardcore Disney fans who love it too!!

Unfortunately, the monorail is either down for part of the day because of the construction OR it is having issues. We avoid it at all costs.

This is something I had no idea about since I don't get to WDW often enough. I didn't think it went down so much. Luckily in our case it came back up again in time. I would be really mad though if I paid through the nose to stay at a monorail resort and it was down a lot...because man, that is what you pay for with those isn't it?

So glad you got to go to Kona for dinner...we love it there.

And perfect parade timing on your part and smart to go back and rest up with the 3+ hour drive the next day.

Ragland Road has also become a favorite of ours. Next time, try the Scallops Forest. You will thank me.

Thanks for sharing, and I hope you get back there real soon.

Kona was SOOOO good!! I only wished that we were there with a big group of people so that I could try more things on the menu...and more drinks without being a total lush lol.

Even the one drink I did try (one weird thing I don't think I mentioned but now that I feel like I "know" some DIS'ers I will share)...I asked the waitress which one was her favourite and she said "I don't drink" with a totally straight face!! Not that there is anything wrong with that of course...because I hardly drink myself...but it made me feel a bit bad...like "should I be drinking? I'm with my DD at Disney??" Heck yeah (my internal dialog lol) Not that I was gonna get hammered or anything...but it was a bit weird? She could have said something like "I don't drink myself...but the xyz drink here is very popular" or some such...anyway..sorry to rant lol ANYWAY...other than that I LOVED Kona and would definitely go back!

It was nice to go back to the hotel after the parade and not have to fight the crowds...and I didn't feel like I needed a day to recover after our vacay. I have heard great things about the Scallops forest and actually the people at the table next to us had it I think...and I sort of regretted not getting it. Yes, next time for sure. And also I want to go at night next time and see the dancing and music etc.

Thanks for reading along...and YES I hope I get back soon too...trying to think of a way...right now a little idea is blooming in my head...perhaps Canadian Thanksgiving...which is in Mid-October....I've never been at that time of year though...isn't that like...hurricane season or something?

Hello! I followed you over from my PTR when I saw the trip report in your signature. I have dreams of going on a mother/daughter trip with my kiddo. You were able to do SO much at MK in just one day! Looking forward to reading about DTD :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter