Anyone use video conferencing via AIM or mac.com?

rob@rar.org.uk

Skiing is best, Mickey comes next
I've just got hold of Apple's iSight webcam and I'd like to try out it's video conferencing facility. Anyone out there use something like this (I've not tried it before)? Let me know if you can help...

Regards

Rob

I haven't got a clue what you're talking about, but I felt a bit sorry for your poor little unanswered post languishing away down there, so I thought I'd give it a bump!

Someone out there must speak technobabble! ;)

Thanks Deb, for your kind words to my lonely post!

To explain (and I'm no techno-expert), I've bought myself one of Apple's new webcams (nattily called the iSight). Apparently one of these webcams, a free piece of software from Apple and a broadband internet connection allows my audio and video-conferencing with other similarly equipped folk anywhere in the world. All I need is to find one who is similarly equipped and i can find out if this claim is actually true!

Regards

Rob

PS: Imagine DIS-chat with sound and pictures...

Rob,

If it is some help my DD uses our webcam to speak to her friends down South.
She uses it through MSN messenger, she says it is very easy to set up. It automatically does it for you. All you have to do is press the webcam button on the messenger and that is it!!!

Hope this helps
Imagine DIS-chat with sound and pictures
That would be so cool
:D

....... Michelle LOL - "Imagine DIS-chat with sound and pictures ...... That would be so cool!"

Are you <b><i>sure</i></b>?????

For example - Imagine listening to Kevin slurping his beer and grinning blearily at us with a beer glass wafting in front of his face, LOL!!

.........Watching Tim eating his curry all over his keyboard :teeth:

...........you get the picture ( and the sound) !!!

My DH uses video conferencing at work but I'm afraid I don't know anything about it at home Rob.

Originally posted by WDWfan,uk
....... Michelle LOL - "Imagine DIS-chat with sound and pictures ...... That would be so cool!"

Are you <b><i>sure</i></b>?????

For example - Imagine listening to Kevin slurping his beer and grinning blearily at us with a beer glass wafting in front of his face, LOL!!

.........Watching Tim eating his curry all over his keyboard :teeth:

...........you get the picture ( and the sound) !!!

Oh Shirley I never thought of that....maybe not such a good idea then after all.........:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter