Anyone use packing cubes? What size do you get?

I have the ebags version and love them! I use the medium and small sizes. The large was almost the same volume as the inside of my carry-on so i don't use it. Using the packing cubes allows me to "squish" everything in, but forces me to take the essentials. If that makes any sense. :)

I have a bunch of the eBags brand packing cubes. For DH's clothes (size XL), I use the large cubes. My clothes (size L), I use the medium sized cubes. I use the medium cubes for DD's (age 5) clothes, although the small size would probably work better. I only have 3 of the small size cubes, which I use for socks, undies, bras, swimsuits, etc.

I also have Dot&Dot packing cubes in different colors and sizes. 1 set for each member of the family. They are really great for organizing especially for long trips.

One real advantage of using packing cubes is that when you squeeze your stuff into cubes, your suitcase won't bulge out and make your carry-on bag look overfull, provoking a gate check for being oversized.

I have all the sizes I use the small for electronics and snacks on the plane so I'm not having to search the whole carry on for one item. I use the medium and large for clothes and paper products. These are a must for me as I am always the one searching for that one item. With the cubes I can go straight to the cube.

Another advantage I've found with using packing cubes over the years is if TSA does open your luggage, the contents are returned more neatly than they were pre-cubes!

Another advantage I've found with using packing cubes over the years is if TSA does open your luggage, the contents are returned more neatly than they were pre-cubes!

I actually had a security person at FCO (Rome) tell me they really like packing cubes because they can check through an organized bag a lot faster than one with everything just tossed into it.

These cubes sound like a great idea. However I have 1 concern. Does everything get wrinkled in them?

I love them! I use the large ones and pack everyone's clothes for each day in one. That way, I just have to pull out one bag at a time. It also definitely helps prevent the mess that ends up in the suitcases when people rifle around in them looking for things.

I have both the packing cubes and packing folders from Eagle Creek. I have both the regular ones and the newer specter ones that are very light weight. I prefer the original packing cubes because the top zips on three sides. The Specter cubes only zip half way down so you do have to smoosh your clothes into them from one end. I do like the specter packing folders better because they are much lighter yet still work the same way as the original folders We use the cubes for underwear, swimwear, socks and the folders for shirts and shorts. I love them because they keep my clothes from moving in the suitcase and when we get to the hotel, I just pull our the cubes, unzip, and put them in drawers. I open the packing folders and put them in the drawers. - Time to unpack - just a couple of minutes. I then have empty suitcases to put our dirty clothes in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter