Anyone use davids rental to rent your points as an owner?

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by adoreboardwalk, May 18, 2013.

1. adoreboardwalk

adoreboardwalk Earning My Ears

I am trying to run some cost analysis on purchasing a larger contract and wondering if anyone has purchased points that they know they will most likely rent out each year? I am not sure I want to deal with renting the out myself so I was thinking of using a third party, anyone have any advice?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

There was just a glowing post on here a few hours ago saying they used David's and how great it was. I don't remember what DVC board it was on though but it's probably still on the first page of the board.

OK - I was wrong it was yesterday (time flies):
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3112995

4. Csel

Csel Earning My Ears

We rented out 144 of our VGC points through David's. We contacted David's at 4:30pm and by 8:00am the next morning they were rented. We were able to book exactly what they wanted. Within 24 hours money was in our account.
    It was handled very professionally and we would definitely use them again.

5. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

Just make sure you can still afford that size contract if Disney alters its current rules about renting. Renting points out is relatively easily now, but Disney could change all that with a stroke of the pen.

6. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

No matter who you use, they will probably e-mail you with a possible rental. If you don't check your e-mails frequently, you may be minutes too late to make the reservation and rent your points. You still have to do the work of making the reservation. The broker just matches you with a renter and manages the funds. You are still the one responsible should the non-member leave an unpaid bill or damage the unit.

7. adoreboardwalk

adoreboardwalk Earning My Ears

Thank you this is the information I needed!

8. MinnieGi

MinnieGi DVC/BWV & HHI

I've used Davids rentals twice now and was very pleased with the results. While yes you still do make the actual reservation, it was less hassle than posting yourself and drawing up a contract, gettting funds etc.. Davids handled all of that. Would not hesitate to use them again if need be!

9. zavandor

zavandor DIS Veteran

I used David to rent some of my points and like others I'm very happy with the service. I rented only 40 points and he found someone in a few days.
    Rental market is very prosperous at the moment, but it might change in the future.

10. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

I handed off 90 pts to David last year. He asked me if I could add an addtl 10pts to make it an even 100 pts. I did and he had an almost immediate renter!!
    It was so much easier than taking the responsibility myself. It all worked out very well. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

11. rusafee1183

rusafee1183 DVC Owner Since 2012!

We worked with David a few months ago, and they were great! Our points were gone the same day. You get half the money when you book the reservation and the other half at the time of their travel. Keep that in mind if you are doing this to pay for something immediately.

We had a great experience with them!

12. mantismad

mantismad Mouseketeer

I have used David on several occasions to rent my points and I found the whole process very professional and easy to do. The communication was excellent and the money arrived into my account exactly when he said it would. I can recommend him and I would have no hesitation in using him again.

13. mom2rb

mom2rb DIS Veteran

We had two years were all of our travel was for the kids' sporting events. We used David's with no problems. It paid for all the sports travel and Christmas.

14. myxdvz

myxdvz DVC - BLT

I've used him as well and have made 2 reservations they him. Points were fast and transactions were easy.

You didn't say which resort you own. Some resorts rent easier than others. All my rentals were done at 11 months. I own at BLT.

15. twoj

twoj Mouseketeer

David's is great! I also bought a large contract so that we could take friends in the future or not be limited on the trips we could take .. He can rent your points quickly; however make sure you plan ahead... And contact him as soon as you realize you can't use them...

I have also been lucky to have friends that want to rent them... Feels good to share the dvc benefits :)

16. magicaldisney

magicaldisney DIS Veteran

Another one here who is completely satisfied with David's. I would always use them. :thumbsup2

17. awilliams4

awilliams4 DIS Veteran

Offered 100 BLT points to rent two years ago to Daddio and I had a renter within 72 hours. Everything worked fine. However, I would only accept $11 or more now which I believe he offers for 7-11 month ressies.

18. ljcrochet

ljcrochet DIS Veteran

We used him to rent out our points. It was easy (dh did it so it was extra easy for me), we got 1/2 the money up front and the other half will come when the trips take place.

19. bearpele

bearpele Mouseketeer

Simple process and would use again if I needed to unload points.:thumbsup2

20. DougEMG

DougEMG DIS Veteran

There are a couple of rental brokers that I've used (Daddio and ************), both are very easy to deal with and everything went well. You just have to be quick responding to their emails when they are looking for points.

Right now renting is pretty easy, but Disney could make it more difficult or less appealing to rent if they wanted to. They already have rules in place about commerical rentors (20 reservations per rolling 12 months) and they do monitor this (they have a compliance person monitoring this).