Anyone use AMEX Blue Sky Card? Got a pretty good offer today.

DisneyAndRedSox

I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!
Both DH and I got an offer for the AMEX Blue Sky card in the mail today. I pretty much use Disney Chase for everything (pay off every month), but I am willing to change since I will never hit the minimum spend on my latest 3x bonus offer.

The deal I got is: after spending $500 in first 60 days, get a $300 bonus reward toward any travel expenses (any airline, hotel, car rental, cruise line.)

The everyday rewards is earn 1 point for every dollar spent. Redeem points in increments of 7,500 which equals $100 statement credit on travel expenses. To earn $100 Disney Rewards I need to spend 10,000 assuming no bonus offers. No annual fee, 0% for 6 months (not that it matters since I pay off monthly), no expiration on points, no blackout dates.

I would love to stay on-property for 3 nights next Feb before our cruise. So if I am reading this right, I can charge the room to AMEX and I will get a $300 statement credit? I will easily hit the required $500 spend in the first 60 days.

Looking for any feedback. Is it a pain to get the rewards credit? Thanks!

We got the same offer and opened up a Blue Sky Amex Card almost a year and a half ago. No troubles with getting the 30,000 points($300 credit) as long as we used the card and charged $500 within the first 60 days. It was purchases we would have made otherwise and we always pay the balance in full when the statement arrives.

Then we took advantage of the Disney promo 4 for 3 deal offered 2009 and booked a package.(Charged of course on AMEX). By the time we had to pay the balance, we were able to apply $400 credit from AMex without problems. SWEET!! Also, it's So easy to do all transactions, manage rewards points etc... online if you register your card.

So far, we're still happy with it and put major purchases on it so the rewards points grow.

I love my amex blue sky card. As a matter of fact, I used points to purchase my family of 7 round trip air fare for our Disney trip in 10 days. I also used it to pay for our dessert buffet meal! Once your points have posted all you have to do is call and tell them you want them to apply your points-very easy. Then they just deduct the amount as if you just made a payment. I have the Disney Chase also, but the Amex is a much better deal for me. Good luck with your choice.:thumbsup2

Thanks! Just what I needed to hear! Just wanted make sure it wasn't too good to be true!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter