Anyone up for a meet the first week of December?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by DisneyKidds, Nov 13, 2003.

1. DisneyKidds

DisneyKidds <font color=green>The TF thanks DisneyKidds for mo

Well, Viking and I will both be at the VWL the first week of December. Anyone else going to be at WDW during that time? Let me know and maybe a few of us can get together. I know I'll be looking for a good spot to catch my Jets on MNF..........and I'd welcome anyone who wants to cheer the Jets on with me as they get back to .500 against the Titans (you see, the Jets are going to run the table, finish 10-6, and make the playoffs :crazy: ).

If not MNF perhaps something else. If anyone will be there and is intersted let me know and we'll see what we can work out.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KNWVIKING

KNWVIKING DIS Veteran

..are you planning on camping out in front of the ESPN Club to be sure you get a decent place to sit and watch the game. Couple years ago I tried to watch the Vikes and Packers on MNF but I only arrived two hours early and the place was already at capacity.

I'm sure well find some place to hook up. And you're right, at Christmas time, there is no better place to be then WL-VWL.

4. DisneyKidds

Yes, I've heard that ESPN can be a mad house for MNF...................and no, I have no desire to invest significant time before the game securing a seat. Last year the Territory Lounge right at the WL worked just fine for me. I heard that they do a big screen thing at POR? When/if the search function works I can locate one of my threads from last year where people provided suggestions. I'm into easy.

5. Bob O

Bob O <font color=navy>Voice of Reason<br><font color=re

Not this year. But i plan on being their next year during the first week of Dec.

6. raidermatt

raidermatt Beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression

Would love to see you and your family again, DK, as well as meet Mr. Viking, but unfortunately am unable to make it this time.

Hope your Jets pull it off, but since the Raiders are going run the table and go 9-7, the Jets will have to take one loss...:teeth:

7. DisneyKidds

I'll pencil that in as we'll be there also. Of course Thanksgiving is earlier next year so we'll only be there thru the 4th. Hopefully there will be another Monday night Jets game to be watched on Nov 29.
    Another time then. Next up for us after this trip is the end of May.
    Ahhh.....classic denial. Didn't we just beat you? We can both win out without dealing one another a loss. Unfortunately for you 9-7 isn't going to make the playoffs this year.

8. KNWVIKING

KNWVIKING DIS Veteran

..... care to wager a Car seat on the game ???

9. DisneyKidds

Sorry KNW......................your Vikes are way too streaky and they are going in the wrong direction. I do agree that the Raiders are just what you need right now..............but it isn't going to be an easy win. Me thinks you are destined for 9-7 (or worse) following an end of year collapse (which you are already in the midst of). You do realize you've only beaten one team with a winning record (Denver at 5-4) don't you?

Shhh...............it doesn't matter that the Jets have yet to beat a team with a winning record, we are talking about the Vikings ;).

10. HB2K

HB2K I Spit Hot Fire!

Well it sounds like a party since that will probably be the week the HBK family heads south.

And with all of this talk about football...it doesn't really matter since my Patriots are going to tuck the raiders to sleep and crush the JETS!

11. DisneyKidds

Come on....you have to admit that the Pats have been playing beyond their abilities all year. It's gonna end sometime. Since the Jets have been playing below their abilities it will end at the Jets, if not before.

12. raidermatt

I think I'll quit while I'm behind...

13. raidermatt

...but how about this, just for old times sake?

The Autumn Wind is a pirate
    blustering in from sea
    With a rollicking song he sweeps along
    swaggering boisterously

His face is weather beaten
    He wears a hooded sash
    With his silver hat about his head
    And a bristly black moustache.

He growls as he storms the country
    A villain big and bold
    And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
    As he robs them of their gold.

The Autumn wind is a Raider
    Pillaging just for fun
    He'll knock you 'round and upside down
    And laugh when he's conquered and won

14. KNWVIKING

KNWVIKING DIS Veteran

Let's take a look at who they beat. Four of their 6 wins were against last years play off teams, two of their loses were against play off teams. The only anomally was the Chargers game- couldn't they find someway of getting Flutie deported back to Canada ? The Vikes have a couple get well games coming against the Oakland Geriatrics and Detroit with Chicago and Arizona waiting in the wings. I see a very easy 10-6, possibly 12-4 because I'm not convinced St Louis or Seattle are for real.

15. DisneyKidds

Ahhh............a year in today's NFL is an eternity. I can't give too much credit to this stat.
    Sorry, but your guys are going to lose (at least) two of these games. First round of drinks is on me if they haven't already lost one of them by the time we get together.

16. Bob O

Bob O <font color=navy>Voice of Reason<br><font color=re

Now for those of you who are going to wdw you better come back with some good news and rumors and hopefully a meet can be planned for next year!!!

17. Sarangel

Sarangel <font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<

Provided that we can talk something other than american football, DH, DD & I will be there thru the 3rd...

Sarangel

18. All Aboard

All Aboard Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas

I watched (surrounded by a bunch of lousy stinkin Yankees fans - who are probably all lousy stinkin Jets fans, and Rangers and Knicks for that matter) 2 ALCS and 1 World Series game on the big screen next to the Polynesian bar. That wokred out well. The bartender said it was as loud as the place had ever been.

19. DisneyKidds

Is that big screen a regular fixture? If so, does anyone second the Poly for drinks, discussion, and (are you ready for some) football at 9:00 on Monday night December 1? I think we are doing the Cinderella dinner at the GF at 7:30 that night so I might be a few minutes late...........but I'm game.

20. KNWVIKING

KNWVIKING DIS Veteran

***"Is that big screen a regular fixture? If so, does anyone second the Poly for drinks, discussion, and (are you ready for some) football at 9:00 on Monday night December 1?"***

Sounds like a plan. We have MVMCP on Tuesday and Candlelight package on Thursday so MNF at the Poly sounds great.

21. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Mouseketeer

Not all of us loud lousy Yankee fans are Jet fans.
    Go DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!