Anyone tried Fit Flops?

Pastamom

DIS Veteran
Has anyone tried fit flops?

I'm looking for a pair of walking sandals to wear to Disney instead of tennis shoes. Not looking to shape up although that might be a side benefit if it works. They seem a little expensive for flip flops, but if they are comfy and don't hurt my feet, I'd be willing to pay.

http://www.fitflop.com/

Any other walking sandal ideas? I have wide feet and narrow heals which make for an "interesting fit". I also want good support

Thanks

I'm looking for a pair of walking sandals to wear to Disney instead of tennis shoes. Not looking to shape up although that might be a side benefit if it works. They seem a little expensive for flip flops, but if they are comfy and don't hurt my feet, I'd be willing to pay.

Any other walking sandal ideas? I have wide feet and narrow heals which make for an "interesting fit". I also want good support

Thanks

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my FitFlops. :lovestruc In fact, I have 3 pairs of them, despite the cost. Disney even has two pairs (black or brown) that have Mickey heads on them, but you can only get them onsite. My FitFlops are the only shoes I pack for Disney, and have yet to get any blisters. Each of my trips have been around a week long, and we do the parks pretty commando style, and are there all day long. I also have wide feet, and tried the Sketchers brand of their FitFlop equivalent, and they didn't fit well at all.

Thanks

I have used my fit flops on my last 3 trips to WDW, I love them. I have a black plain pair and a bronze colored Mickey pair. I have not had any problems wearing them all day at the parks.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my FitFlops. :lovestruc In fact, I have 3 pairs of them, despite the cost. Disney even has two pairs (black or brown) that have Mickey heads on them, but you can only get them onsite. My FitFlops are the only shoes I pack for Disney, and have yet to get any blisters. Each of my trips have been around a week long, and we do the parks pretty commando style, and are there all day long. I also have wide feet, and tried the Sketchers brand of their FitFlop equivalent, and they didn't fit well at all.

ditto:lovestruc
i have 6 pairs, and they are all i wear in the summer, and/or at wdw.
i can walk literally miles and miles, and my legs and feet actually feel energized despite some foot problems (very painful plantar wart attached to the bone, need arch support, missing part of both knee caps :guilty:)
btw, crocs don't even come close to fit-flops, and tevas are second to FFs in comfort, imho.
worth every single penny, and then some.....:thumbsup2

Due to recommendations from this board, I bought the Teva Mush flip flops and LOVE them. I also have wide feet. The Tevas took no time at all to break in. Literally, comfy, right out of the box!

An:thumbsup2other huge fan of fit flops here!! They are the only type of flip flop shoe I wear now. The support is great....I walked all day in them at the World and had no problems at all. I highly recommend them. Check out other sites that sell them, you may get them cheaper...like Bath & Body Works or Victoria Secrets....

Also a fitflop fan - wear them all the time. Guess I need to look for the Disney ones when I am there IN NINE DAYS:yay::yay::yay:

I have Crocs Capri's but I can't seem to order them on the crocs website b/c they do not have my size, they did not have any at the outlet either. I will have to start looking elsewhere. I really like these, they are not FLAT and they have a little cushion to them.
But if I could find the fit flops I'd give them a try. The good thing about the crocs were that they dried ASAP, last May it rained non stop in Disney my crocs did not stink and were dry for our next day at the park.

They are so comfy and offer great support. I wore mine last year at WDW and did not have one bit of pain or discomfort. I have the black sequined ones and bought the Mickey style last year. Both will be going to WDW with us this year. They really are worth every penny. One thing...both of mine are a half size smaller than I usually wear as they tend to run on the big side (at least they do for me). If you can, try them out before you buy or if you're ordering online, order from a site that will give you free shipping both ways, like Shoebuy, in case you need to send them back.

Also, I noticed someone mentioned the Teva Mush. I have several pair of these as well, and while they are super comfy and great for running around in the summer, they don't provide me with enough support for a day at WDW. I bring them to WDW, but use them on the day we take off from the parks and hang out at the pool. Just my two cents. Happy shoe shopping!!!

My 2 dd's and I love our Mickey Fit Flops! Got them out just this week for some power walking!

I have thought about getting these but a friend of mine said she thought it would be bad for my back (lower back problems.) Can anyone else offer advise on that. She only had tried the Scetchers brand ones.

These look great! I have really wide, flat feet and plantar faciitis....I wonder if they'd be a good choice for me.

Anyone know the cheapest place to order them from?

I notice that they only come in whole sizes. I wear a 9 1/2 should I order a 9 or 10. Do they run a little big or small?

Keep an eye out for sales, got mine at Bath and Body works, I know VS has had them on sale, and last month I bought a pair off another site that listed the deal on slickdeals.net

Very comfortable! I love mine!

I have my fitflops on right now! I love them and wear them all spring and summer long. I wore them for a week at Universal and SeaWorld last year. They are quite comfy! Just walk a bit in them when you first get them to get used to them. I don't think they really make you "fit" just feel good!

Fit Flops are AWESOME!! Wore them for 3 park days when we were there in December. Much more comfortable for me than lace-up athletic shoes. Feet felt great, nothing rubbing on any parts of them to blister.

I love how my Fit Flops make my back and legs feel. They are very comfy. However, they do rub the top of my foot right where the strap goes between the toes. No other flip flops do that. I have tried covering the spot with moleskin or bandaids but haven't figured out a solution yet. It doesn't seem like this is a problem for anyone else, though. :confused3

These look great! I have really wide, flat feet and plantar faciitis....I wonder if they'd be a good choice for me.

Anyone know the cheapest place to order them from?

I have similar problems and for the past 3 years have only been able to wear my ASICS running shoes with inserts if I did not want pain. I had a couple of friends who raved about Fit Flops. So, when we were at WDW I had a 20 percent coupon off anything at Mouse Gear at Epcot, so I bought a pair. I wore them around the World Showcase and my feet felt great. I did get a blister under the upper right strap on my left foot that day. But I have worn them several days since and there have been no problems. I am amazed at how good my feet feel. I am still waiting for my legs to look like the ones on the tag that comes on them. :rotfl2: It just hasn't happened yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter