Anyone think there will be a FP type thing for the Christmas processional ?

Just in case you haven't followed other CP threads, the show is 45 min, but the total time needed to watch it is much, much longer. If you don't have a CP dinner pkg, you'll need to line up at least an hour before the show you want to see and maybe longer depending on the narrator. AND you may not make it into the show. Reports from yesterday's first CP is there are only a few rows (maybe 100 seats) for guests without the dining package. So if you're in the standby line for the 5:00 show and the standby seats fill up, you'll have to wait through that show to see if you can get into the next one.

You can hear the show and see some of it from the walkway behind the theater or the outside tables just across the way at Liberty Inn. That's becoming a pretty well known "secret" so you may have to stake your claim on one of the tables pretty early as well.
Thank you! I was thinking we'd do one of the dining packages...I'd rather not do standby...

Now, why would Disney offer FP's on such a 'money maker' with the 'required' dinner ressies (to guarantee a seat)!!! :confused3
One thing they're 'not' is crazy when it comes to making more money!!!!

They had the wrist bands last yr and the dinner thing has been going on for yrs. So I thought perhaps again.

Now, why would Disney offer FP's on such a 'money maker' with the 'required' dinner ressies (to guarantee a seat)!!! :confused3
One thing they're 'not' is crazy when it comes to making more money!!!!

They offered them for Eat to the Beat, so why not for this too?

They offered them for Eat to the Beat, so why not for this too?
because they sell way to many packages and then there are only about 100 to 200 seats left. Imagine opening that up for fp, they would go super quickly and then they wouldn't have any for regular standby.
I've rather them not offer fp for this event. If someone really wants to watch then they can line up with everyone else, or get the package.
I've been doing standby line for CP for years now, my son sang during his 4 years in H.S. and now my daughter will sing this year. I would rather do the line than not be able to get into it at all because all of the fp are gone

because they sell way to many packages and then there are only about 100 to 200 seats left. Imagine opening that up for fp, they would go super quickly and then they wouldn't have any for regular standby.
I've rather them not offer fp for this event. If someone really wants to watch then they can line up with everyone else, or get the package.
I've been doing standby line for CP for years now, my son sang during his 4 years in H.S. and now my daughter will sing this year. I would rather do the line than not be able to get into it at all because all of the fp are gone

That is exactly what happened during Eat to the Beat. So I'm not sure what is stopping them from repeating.

With all the booking of CP dining packages, don't think that would happen. Even booking CP packages, it can be hard to get rrservations.

Just in case you haven't followed other CP threads, the show is 45 min, but the total time needed to watch it is much, much longer. If you don't have a CP dinner pkg, you'll need to line up at least an hour before the show you want to see and maybe longer depending on the narrator. AND you may not make it into the show. Reports from yesterday's first CP is there are only a few rows (maybe 100 seats) for guests without the dining package. So if you're in the standby line for the 5:00 show and the standby seats fill up, you'll have to wait through that show to see if you can get into the next one.

You can hear the show and see some of it from the walkway behind the theater or the outside tables just across the way at Liberty Inn. That's becoming a pretty well known "secret" so you may have to stake your claim on one of the tables pretty early as well.

This is what we decided to do last year. Never again. I don't know if we just got unlucky, but there was a non-english speaking family behind us talking loudly the entire show. It completely ruined the emotions of the show. You could also hear plenty of other people walking by talking and people who stopped for a minute or two to watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter