Anyone Selling DVC contract for the new GFV?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by lilpooh108, Nov 9, 2012.

  1. DisDad07

    DisDad07 Mouseketeer

    Feb 27, 2011
    No selling here! If I can't get in at 7 months, I will still be Happy just to be at WDW!
  2. Avatar

    DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

    to hide this adverts.
  3. robinb

    robinb DIS Veteran

    Aug 29, 1999
    We sold our OKW to buy at AKV and we are now perfectly happy the way we are. I will absolutely stay there once it opens!
  4. jennypenny

    jennypenny DIS Veteran

    May 11, 2000
    I don't think we'll sell our BCV to buy, because I want priority booking for F&W and races, but if not for that I would consider it. I guess it depends on your age. You'll get an extra 25 years with GFV at their flagship resort. It has a much better gym, monorail access, and great restaurants.
  5. Figment2101

    Figment2101 Earning My Ears

    Aug 26, 2011
    Love my BWV and would never consider selling my points there. GFV has no appeal to me. What another person chooses to do is their business.
  6. crisi

    crisi DIS Veteran

    Feb 25, 2002
    I wouldn't buy now at current prices. So I wouldn't sell and rebuy at current prices.

    Our kids are getting older and will be heading to high school next year, then college. My husband and I prefer hotels, DVC is nice when we want the kids sleeping in a different room. That will be moot shortly. I'm not taking adult children on vacation with us. Once they are in college, their vacations are their business, not ours.
  7. PatMcDuck

    PatMcDuck DIS Veteran

    May 12, 2000

    NO, not interested in GFV. But we DID sell our original OKW to re-buy at BCV. So it is the same idea. I still LOVE OKW, and recently stayed there for the first time in quite awhile. But our kids were becoming teens, and they LOVED the location at BCV. It just worked for us. Never regretted it.

    If I could swing it, I would "trade up" and sell BCV and buy at VGC now. But I doubt I will ever DO that, DH and I are now in our 50s, kids are grown, etc.
  8. lilpooh108

    lilpooh108 DIS Veteran

    Apr 17, 2010
    OP here. All of these responses are so interesting. It's nice to see the difference of opinion.

    Since I don't love BWV, I "mind" when I have to pay dues. Compared to our SSR & AKV contracts, I don't really mind when I pay those dues.

    Also, we ARE looking to decrease our points so the BWV would the first to go anyway. Although we bought BWV for F&W, I find it much more point-frugal to use our AKV points for the value rooms. I feel ambivalent about BWV, but would really enjoy GFV.

    Of course the "buy in" cost is always an just seems that selling off BWV would "offset" it.

    We're going on the June 2013 Disney Magic next year. We'll definitely be attending the DVC presentation to see what "extra" cruise incentives there are to buy. :beach:
  9. Dean

    Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="

    Aug 19, 1999
    Just keep your BWV points and use those at GF, AKV and the like. With planning and the use of the wait list, you should be able to get in at times. GF will be more points, likely around BLT but some think even higher. if you look at it that way and still have too many points, you may indeed want to sell but I wouldn't suggest selling then buying another resort.
  10. CarolMN

    CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

    Aug 18, 1999
    Another option is to rent your BWV points - you should be able to get $11-$13 per point for 11 month F&W reservations. Then if you need the 11 month window to stay at GFV, use the BWV rental proceeds to rent GFV points. A bit of work, but more cost effective than selling and buying direct. :)
  11. Missyrose

    Missyrose DIS Veteran

    Jan 18, 2009
    Selling your BWV points would likely only "offset" the GFV purchase by about a third. Have you thought about renting them out instead of selling?
  12. Lady Di

    Lady Di Earning My Ears

    Jan 21, 2002
    I agree think I"d rather take my chances at the 7 month window
  13. PoohsFan1

    PoohsFan1 DIS Veteran

    Feb 19, 2007
    We are another family that won't sell either our SSR or BLT contracts for VGF. First off, we already own in the MK resort area and have access to the monorail, so there is no need for us to even consider buying into another MK resort area...we may try and book it at 7 months just to say that we stayed there and to check it out. We are interested in buying into one other resort and that is BCV because we love the location and the resort itself, other then that when we add on it will be with our existing resorts that we own.
  14. Sammie

    Sammie DIS Veteran

    Aug 20, 1999
    The major downside to not owing at GFV will be December. I really feel that to get in during the time Christmas decorations are up, booking at 11 months will be necessary.
  15. BrentR

    BrentR Mouseketeer

    Nov 15, 2007
    We will not be selling any points to buy at GF. May consider adding on to our AKV points however. That seems to be our favorite resort so far. We do look forward to staying at some other resorts in the future, namely BLT and BWV. Would love to stay at GF as well.
  16. SpectroMan71

    SpectroMan71 Mouseketeer

    Jul 2, 2004
    I fully understand the OP's lack of excitement toward BWV; they're definitely my least favorite in terms of aesthetics. That said, I wouldn't dump the points, especially since they were purchased at a discount via resale AND include all the old perks. Just use those points to stay elsewhere.

    Grand Flo would be my second least favorite resort at WDW - too stuffy, and really not THAT nice when you think about similarly priced hotels outside of Disney, so I'd never pay the premium to stay there. Definitely would try to use points to try it out, though.

Share This Page