Anyone Selling DVC contract for the new GFV?

lilpooh108

DIS Veteran
Is anyone considering selling their existing contract(s) for the new Grand Floridian Villas?

I guess I'd have to wait until the pricing for GFV comes out, but we bought BWV sight unseen and although we LOVE the location, the rooms are just too outdated for us.

I'm considering selling our BWV contracts and buying 1 smaller contract at GFV. My husband thinks I'm nuts (we bought BWV 2 years ago resale, before the cruise rule change).

Am I nuts? :lmao:

Sounds like you are willing to pay well over $100/point for a new resort because you think the BWV are outdated. You must need the home resort advantage for the times you book because you made no mention of the other DVC resorts. (At 7 months, a point is a point is a point).

Are you nuts? Maybe - as far as financial matters go, anyway, LOL.

Is DVC really right for you? Maybe not. A small contract won't get you many nights. You might be better off renting points.

Good luck!

No we have no intention of selling our OKW and BWV points to buy at Grand Floridian DVC. I like the expiration date of the contracts and don't intend to spend substantially more per point just to stay at the GF. For us the location of BWV is unbeatable I have stayed at BLT and using the monorail to Epcot is too cumbersome in my opinion. I would at least see if it's possible to reserve GFV at 7 months before selling and rebuying.

Two people I know are doing this. GFV was their dream DVC and their current home resort not so much. I wish you luck with your decision.

Is anyone considering selling their existing contract(s) for the new Grand Floridian Villas?

No way!! I finally got my Epcot (BCV) resort and am perfectly happy with BLT. Especially since the buy-in price at GFV will be between $175 and $200.

I'll take my chances at 7 months.

Sell and buy there: NO
Add on there: NO
Stay there: Probably at least once to check it out

I guess I'd have to wait until the pricing for GFV comes out, but we bought BWV sight unseen and although we LOVE the location, the rooms are just too outdated for us.

I'm considering selling our BWV contracts and buying 1 smaller contract at GFV. My husband thinks I'm nuts (we bought BWV 2 years ago resale, before the cruise rule change).

What does outdated mean to you? Are you talking about the theme of the resort, the design, or are you talking about wear?

:earsboy: Bill

Grand Floridian is by far my favorite WDW resort, but the price difference from what I bought at to what GF will be is too great of a difference to me. I don't even know if DVC is worth it at those prices. I am hoping for 7 month booking.

We will be buying at the GF. We both want to stay there in December. Whether we sell other points totally depends on how retirement works out for us.

We will be buying at the GF. We both want to stay there in December. Whether we sell other points totally depends on how retirement works out for us.

I too would love to stay in December.:love: But I don't know if I will sell any of my minions of points. :rainbow::jumping1:

I've always said the only thing that would make me want to sell my BWV is GF. But not at the rumored price of $200 a point. My 250 points would cost $50,000, compared to the $16,000 I paid for BWV in 1999. We don't have the points charts yet but the newer resorts are requiring more points per night. I prefer a 1 bedroom and it's just too high. I'll roll the dice at 7 months. I'm 2 for 2 at Grand California Villas, another one I thought about buying but didn't because of cost.

I don't get the outdated part. Chances are the GF rooms are going to have a Victorian theme.

GF is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. A little too stuffy for our taste. :snooty:

I will wait to experience the resort and views. I am also waiting to see if DVD is going to change it's inclusion as an available resort.

No, I am perfectly happy with my OKW, even though I could likely sell for about the same as what I paid.

Give me Boardwalk Villas rather than GFV any day!

It's a personal decision of course, just realize the costs and losses associated. GFV will be somewhere around $160 a point give or take with price increases and specials. BWV will net likely less than $50 a point when sold. You may be better off just doing an add on at GF unless you want to decrease your number of points significantly anyway.

What I'm interested to see is what VGF will do to point rental prices. With the dramatic predicted purchase price, I would think that VGF owners would want a higher price per point for renting out VGF points during the 11 month window. This could lead to a possible inflation of point rental prices across the board if it contributes to the change in the thinking of what constitutes a fair price for point rentals.

No matter how much I would like to stay there, I will not be buying VGF direct. If it tracks anywhere near the same as BLT, I predict that it would be very difficult to recoup a significant portion of the purchase price should I need to sell (unless I bought during the initial offering). No exit strategy makes it too risky a play for me. But this thread does bring up a good point and I think there is something that we have been largely ignoring when it comes to the direct vs. resale debate. There is a segment of the population for which cost is not a factor. If you make a substantial income and you want the ability to book VGF 11 months out, it might make sense to buy. For people who fit into this category, cost is not a major consideration. But if cost is at all an issue, buying VGF direct does not seem prudent at this time.

People with substantial income, don't bother with DVC unless they really love the resort(s). People in that bracket are staying Club Level at the Deluxe Resorts and getting better service and Club Level amenities.

Some will be buying at Golden Oak. We were thinking about it but decided that we didn't want to give up our BWV ownership. :goodvibes

We own at BCV and there seems to always be demand for our resort so I "think" we're in an ok position to either rent our points and stay at GFV with cash or rent points there within a couple years of it's opening.

Epcot is our favorite park and being within walking distance of the world showcase restaurants is a big plus for us, even though GF is a jewel of a resort we still prefer BCV's location for our touring needs. While we wont sell and rebuy to stay there, we'll be happy to trade out points with a GFV owner sometime in the future. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter