Anyone reserve a room and then think it's just too much money?

GoingtoWDWagain

All because two people fell in love.....
Reserved room at Contemporary for Spring/Easter week and never paid that much for a AAA room per night.......$384.75 x 12 nights = :scared1: I usally get AP rates in June/July but none for the Easter week time frame :sad1:

Need a room for five and don't want to stay at the moderates, stayed there way too many times already.

Anyone else reserve a room and then think it may be a bit too much $$$ for a hotel stay?

Why not split the ressie into two and do 7-10 days under the 4/3 plan? Ressie A could be for 7 days (buy 4, get 3) and Ressie B could be for 5 days (buy 4, get 1 free). Ressie A could be for 10-day base tickets with no expiration and you could upgrade to APs with a little over a $105 discount. Ressie B could be for 1-day base tickets to be saved for a future trip. Lots of ways to cut costs.

I second-guess my choices all of the time. I currently hold 7 nights with the 4/3 discount at Poly CL LV. If I thought about what I'm paying for those 4 nights, I would be :scared: . But extrapolate it out to 7 nights and I feel like I'm getting a bargain rate of $400/night! :cool1: I still wonder if I should maybe go with a garden view, get a regular room or stay at SSR - all of which would be less expensive but not as awesome (IMHO).

I think that rt2dz's suggestion of a split stay sounds good. You may not be able to get the 4/3 for Easter season (4/4-4/18/09) It's supposed to be blacked out yet some people are reporting that they got it.

Other possibilities:
ASMu Family Suites sleep up to 6 and you would have 2 bathrooms plus a kitchenette. The nightly rack rate during Easter Season is $305.

Two connecting std. Value Resort Rooms @ $135/night each.​

If you have AAA, check to see if there are any discounts available using it. And keep holding on to the hope that there might be AP discounts for that week. Right now, they only go through 4/2. It could still happen! :)

Reserved room at Contemporary for Spring/Easter week and never paid that much for a room per night.......$384.75 x 12 nights = :scared1: I usally get AP rates in June/July but none for the Easter week time frame :sad1:

Need a room for five and don't want to stay at the moderates, stayed there way too many times already.

Anyone else reserve a room and then think it may be a bit too much $$$ for a hotel stay?

Did you ever think about splitting your stay? We've done this and it was like starting a new vacation after the switch. Start at a value or moderate then move to a deluxe.

Stay in Fort Wilderness or A/S Music family suite. Maybe you should consider looking into DVC. Since you like delux resorts and need larger spaces that amount of money would make a good down payment for a DVC membership that you can use for the next 50 years......Both the AKV and BLT one bedrooms can now accommodate 5.

We are currently booked at POFQ for our April trip . . .the more I think about it, the more I want to switch to a Deluxe on the monorail, only because I know its going to be super crowded and I don't want to deal with the buses. Every time I try to compare the moderate to the deluxe I just can't seem to be willing to spend the extra money . . .I'm getting cheap in my old age . . .:rotfl2:

But, we'll see as time grows closer . . .maybe a miracle AP rate will come out, or maybe my tax return will be spent on upgrading . . .:crazy2:

Just about every day! I try not to think about the nightly room cost, but it is a lot of $$ per night. Especially since we are more park ppl than resort ppl. We have AKL club level booked for 10 nights after thanksgiving. I would love to do a split stay. 5 nights in a mod & 5 at AKL. I have been outvoted by my family though. I am hoping for a pin code or at the very least a great deal to be announced that will defray some of the cost. If not, I am prepared to deal with the wrath of the family when I change ressies to a split stay. We can afford to pay full price, I just can't seem to get past feeling guilty about spending so much on a vacation when a lot of others are struggling right now.

Folks - OP talks about CR and ALK club level - ASMu suites is still a value...

Why not split the ressie into two and do 7-10 days under the 4/3 plan? Ressie A could be for 7 days (buy 4, get 3) and Ressie B could be for 5 days (buy 4, get 1 free). Ressie A could be for 10-day base tickets with no expiration and you could upgrade to APs with a little over a $105 discount. Ressie B could be for 1-day base tickets to be saved for a future trip. Lots of ways to cut costs.

This sounds like a great idea, never thought of a split on different packages :thumbsup2 I can't wait to call when reservations opens :hyper:

Thanks to everyone and the great suggestions/tips/ideas, you guys are great ;)

I second-guess my choices all of the time. I currently hold 7 nights with the 4/3 discount at Poly CL LV. If I thought about what I'm paying for those 4 nights, I would be :scared: . But extrapolate it out to 7 nights and I feel like I'm getting a bargain rate of $400/night! :cool1:

We must be separated at birth -- I cuold have written every word there! (and I'm a DVC owner and still doing the 4/3)!

I would love to stay at a deluxe and can afford it but only sleep and shower there. It seems so wasteful. How hard is it to do a split stay, I don't want to waste valuable touring time dealing with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter