Anyone rent Apple Scooters

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by littlejen22, Mar 3, 2013.

1. cattrix

cattrix Look deeply into my eyes...you're getting sleepy..

Thank you Debbie Jean, I am slowly making my way around the disABILITIES board gathering information. Lots of great stuff on here and I appreciate all of it! Always good to soothe worries before going on vacation. :hug:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

I have rented the 3-wheel model twice and find it very stable. As far as loading on the bus I always need help, once DH said he would move it into position for me and it was not a problem. The bus drivers are Great! The thing to remember when coming off the ramps is to make sure your back wheels are off the ramp before turning to prevent tipping

4. dianemom2

dianemom2 DIS Veteran

I am considering renting from Apple. This will be our first trip to the park with the need for something like this so I have a lot of questions. My husband has become somewhat disabled from a pinched nerve in his back that causes terrible foot pain and severely limits his mobility. We are planning to get him the Pride Victory 10 because he is a Pooh sized guy. We will not have a car while we are at Disney. Is it going to be an issue getting to and from the parks? Can we take the scooter on the bus? Will we need to get him a GAC so that he can take his scooter in line with him? Can Apple have the scooter ready and waiting at our hotel, which is Art of Animation? I am a little nervous about getting DH around the airport too but we will figure that out. We will have 5 days at Disney and we are really looking forward to it. We really need some family fun time!

5. disney david

disney david DIS Veteran

Every Disney owned bus can take atleast two ecv/wheelchairs some can take three and a few can take four. So it won't be a problem going to he parks and back. Aoa has their own bus that do not share with another resort and their only two stops at aoa main and lm section I think. Apple is a preferred vendor so they can drop it off at aoa bell services and then you can leave it with them when leaving and they will pick it up from them. No you won't need a gac the cm seeing the ecv will know what he needs gac is more for hidden disabilities so the cm will be able to know what you need.

6. dianemom2

dianemom2 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the information. I called Apple earlier today and they repeated most of what you've said here. They were very nice on the phone. I do like that they are a preferred vendor. They said that we can keep the scooter as late as 8pm on our last day without any additional charge.

7. disney david

disney david DIS Veteran

That good so you don't have to worry about when to return it as long as you don't need it past 8 pm have fun and hope everything goes great.