Anyone relocate to Orlando area?

TiffJ

DIS Veteran
I not only love WDW but I love the Orlando area & want to relocate there. Has anyone done that? Would like to get opinions on how it is to live there, quality of schools etc. Thanks!

I have not relocaated there, but have cousins who did.. So we talk all the time.. The only part that is hard for them is the heat in the summer. They pratically live indoors with the ac on. But other than that.. The houses are a good price, there is a great blend of people and the schools are pretty good. Also it is a 'newer' area. They have a great park in the middle of towna nd lots of different demoninations for churches. And Of course everyone in your family will want to come and visit..

That is how they feel, but my husband and I have actually contemplated living there. As you can get a direct flight to Orlando... VS. Buffalo, New York....

Thanks for the input. I am from Gulf Coast area, so I'm used to the heat. I think it has alot to offer but trying to get a feel for everyday life there.

We moved from PA to FL. in Dec. 03. Love it so far and we are about 15 mins from the parks.

My MIL and 2 of my SILs live in Winter Park, north of Orlando. The homes there are pretty pricey, $300,000 plus for a modest home. You pay more to be close to the city than if you are WAY OUT in the newer areas, just like anywhere else. We would move there if DH could get a job in his field there, which is highly unlikely. The schools vary depending on which county you are in, and which area of town you live in. We would love the weather, we are from the south, but the traffic around the theme parks would be awful, you would have to live away from all of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter