Anyone receive an onboard credit for Fuel Surcharge?

Disneyholic

CM Wannabe I'll Never Grow Up!
We rebooked onboard in October, 2008 for a 7 night cruise in November ,2009. There was a fuel surcharge applied to our bill. I understand there is no fuel surcharge right now. Has anyone that has cruised recently that had this charge on their original bill actually received an onboard credit for the surcharge?

I'm not too worried right now about it because I figure with my luck they will start the surcharge again by November and then this question will be moot.

My parents sailed with us in January and they also received an onboard credit for the fuel surcharge :)

Did you have to do anything to get the OBC? Or did it just appear?
I'm wondering, because we have a Fuel Surcharge on our tickets and we will be sailing on 4/4/09--a little late to do the re-booking thing that was talked about on the other thread.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Turtlemom

We did receive our fuel surcharge as an onboard credit. There was a note on our fish clip outside our stateroom door that listed the total per person. The OBC was activated as soon as we checked in.

I'm cruising in Sept 2009. I called and they offered to take it off the balance I owe or as a ship credit. I had it added as a ship credit for both my cabins.
:banana:

We rebooked onboard in October, 2008 for a 7 night cruise in November ,2009. There was a fuel surcharge applied to our bill. I understand there is no fuel surcharge right now. Has anyone that has cruised recently that had this charge on their original bill actually received an onboard credit for the surcharge?

I'm not too worried right now about it because I figure with my luck they will start the surcharge again by November and then this question will be moot.

A couple of things I have learned about the fuel surcharge:

1. You can call DCL and request that your booking be re-shopped to see if the fare drops. Key thing here is that if it is re-shopped and the fare is either the same or lower, then the fuel surcharge will be removed. If the fare increases, you should be advised to keep the fuel surcharge on and look for the OBC.

2. There is no need to worry about the fuel surcharge getting charged again unless you start to hear about the price of crude going up again. I think the "magic price" is $70 a barrel. Right now I don't think the price is anywhere close that mark.

I've checked online and the price I got onboard with the onboard discount & the onboard credit make it unwise to rebook. I will just check on the onboard credit for the fuel surcharge closer to the payoff date for the cruise.

Thanks for all the responses.

For already booked cruises, the criteria for refund will be determined on a quarterly basis by the market price of the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX). If the closing price on the New York Mercantile Exchange of West Texas Intermediate fuel is below $70. a barrel two weeks prior to the beginning of the calendar quarter, the company will refund fuel surcharges. These will be paid in the form of an onboard credit.

If applicable, information regarding the Fuel Supplement Onboard Credit will appear on your confirmation. In addition, Guests will receive a notification in their stateroom that an onboard credit has been placed on their shipboard account.

This is the information I received from Disney Cruise Line regarding the credit for the fuel surcharge. You need to check the price two weeks prior to the quarter in which you are cruising. I hope this helps.:mickeybar :stitch: :goofy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter