anyone paint on plain white ceramic wall tile? or other uses?

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by Grumpy's Gal, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Grumpy's Gal

Grumpy's Gal <font color=coral>Of course, who wants to get gold

I have some left over plain white square ceramic wall tiles.........I have pebeo painted on white dishes before (you bake them to seal it). Anyone know if that will work on wall tiles to make trivets? Or other ideas of what I can do with these tiles?

2. ReAnSt

ReAnSt <font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=

I'd imagine that would work on the tiles. As long as you can bake them and you should be able to . I have painted on white tile with acrylic paint and sealed them with a clear spray however they started to peel eventually. Probably due to the heat or just lots of use.

Becky

3. bubbasmom99

bubbasmom99 <br>Disney Obsessed<br><font color=red>I know you

I made tile coasters. Used rubber stamps with Staz-on permanent ink, and then colored in with Sharpie markers. Sealed with matte acrylic sealer spray. I also made magnets using the smaller 2x2 octagonal mosaic tiles. Not sure about the trivets because of the constant heat & friction they'd be subject to, but you could always give it a shot!

4. Imzadi

Imzadi DIS Veteran

Since you already have the tiles & Pebeo, then like ReAnSt said, they may peel over time. But you can simply paint new ones, as you will tire of the old designs anyway. :teeth: