Anyone own a Ford E-Wagon? UPDATE & THANK YOU!!

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by airhead, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Gumbo4x4

Gumbo4x4 Note to the ladies who forgot to

The GM version would be the 6.0 V8 with the 4L80E transmission, both of which are pretty much considered the best gas-engine/tranny combo going in full-size trucks & vans. The 4L60E in 1500 series vans doesn't have a great rep, but that wouldn't be available in the 1-tons.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

Apparently the coach builders that build TV live trucks disagree. Here's an article on the major manufacuters sticking with the E350, while converting some Transits, but still exclusive Ford.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/58697/live-eng-trucks-are-not-dead-yet

And those Blue Super Shuttle Vans at the airport, after a 2 year experiment with Chevy/GMC 3500 Vans, the company is back to E350 CNG vans with 5.4 Liter engines exclusively due to reliability problems with the GM vans.

4. airhead

airhead DIS Veteran

Thanks guys. I feel pretty equipped with E-wagon info now lol. Hoping I get a good deal today. Wish me luck!!

5. airhead

airhead DIS Veteran

I'm going to order my van tomorrow but have one small question: Running boards,do I need them or are they a hindrence. I'm in the process of "building" my van and don't want accessories I don't need. Looking for some feedback....thanks

6. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

We don't have them on our work vans, they would be nice. There is a nice handle on the window pillar to pull yourself in. I have them on my Suburban, they are great. I would consider them.

7. arthuruscg

arthuruscg DIS Veteran

It depends on how you drive. My grandfather ripped the running boards off the first time he drove his to work. They sit right at curb height.

Unless you are really short, there is a built in first step that is lower then most trucks. It works just fine for my 5'4" mom.

Have you test drove one yet? You should before you invest too much time in picking your options. There is a big handling/ feeling difference between the E-150 and minivans and current trucks.
    Also, some people don't like sitting as high up, in my dads 94 E-150, I can see over Suburbans and most drive up ATMs screens are at your knees.

8. airhead

airhead DIS Veteran

Thanks for the feedback!