anyone other canuck going Aug 25-Sept1?

Capes Family

Earning My Ears
We are very excited about our return to Disney and enjoying the free dining and staying on site the whole time. I've read and researched so much I can just see the trip already.

We'll be there Aug 22-30, our second go-round with free dining. I suppose as long as they keep offering it, we will keep going in August!!!

we just got on the free dining bandwagon, we'll keep going in august as long as they have it too. Any favourite restaurant?

We are there from August 21 -August 31 which includes 2 days in Universal

We're there from Aug 19 to 26. :cool1: Can't wait!! Its our first trip with the kids and my first trip since I was 10.

Joanne

Our re-run meals this time 'round are 'Ohanas (dinner), Le Cellier, 50's Prime Time, Coral Reef, Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern. New for us: Marrakesh and Whisperin Canyon Cafe.

Yep, we'll be there enjoying the dining plan too. We will be there from Aug. 29th-Sept 4th.

Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!

We'll be there from the 19th to the 28th. It's our first time on the DDP as well. We've had APs before but I think free dining works out cheaper for us this time. We eat at least one TS meal per day anyways, so we'll be saving a TONNE!

Our favourites so far are Boma, Ohana, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Chef Mickeys (for the characters and fun, not the food...).

Can't wait!!

Beth :)

We will be celebrating 2 birthdays :bday: on the DDP from Aug 26th to sept 2nd.

Dd #1 will be 8 and I will be a lot more than 8 :bitelip:

Nancy

We'll be there Aug 26th - Sep 3rd - also celebrating 2 birthdays - DD turns 9 and DH turns 41 - both on Aug 31st!
Staying at WL for the first time on DDP. The free part was a bonus for us as we had already booked and expected to pay for DDP before free dining was announced. Saved us almost $1000US (DS11 is an adult)
Dining again at LTT,WCC and Teppanyaki.
Dining for the first time at Rose & Crown, Ohana, Le Cellier, Sci-Fi and Boma.
Can't wait!!!!

The DDP is amazing, it allows us to really try all restaurants. We are doing: Concorse Steakhouse, Cinderella's breakfast, Chef Mickeys, San Angel Inn, Princess Storybook breakfast, 50's Primetime Cafe. I am trying to lose a few pounds before we go as I suspect I am going to gain to many more.

LoriLea said:
We'll be there Aug 26th - Sep 3rd - also celebrating 2 birthdays - DD turns 9 and DH turns 41 - both on Aug 31st!
Staying at WL for the first time on DDP. The free part was a bonus for us as we had already booked and expected to pay for DDP before free dining was announced. Saved us almost $1000US (DS11 is an adult)
Dining again at LTT,WCC and Teppanyaki.
Dining for the first time at Rose & Crown, Ohana, Le Cellier, Sci-Fi and Boma.
Can't wait!!!!

Our birthdays sandwich yours! DD turns 8 on the 30th ( her Nana is the sameday) and my birthday is the 1st ( samedays as my Grandfather)

Nancy

mom22belles said:
Our birthdays sandwich yours! DD turns 8 on the 30th ( her Nana is the sameday) and my birthday is the 1st ( samedays as my Grandfather)

Nancy

So - are you doing anything special for your birthdays?

2 years ago were at CRT for breakfast - both DH and DD got confetti, birthday cupcakes and a certificate from Cinderella!
We ate at LTT for dinner and although no cupcakes, they decorated the table and sang to the 2 of them.
When we returned to our room at Pop, they each had a card with balloons from Mickey and Minnie!
It was a really great day!

Lori

LoriLea said:
So - are you doing anything special for your birthdays?

2 years ago were at CRT for breakfast - both DH and DD got confetti, birthday cupcakes and a certificate from Cinderella!
We ate at LTT for dinner and although no cupcakes, they decorated the table and sang to the 2 of them.
When we returned to our room at Pop, they each had a card with balloons from Mickey and Minnie!
It was a really great day!

Lori

We are doing the Princess Storybook Breakfast for DD birthday. Thought about ordering her a cake but we will be there for breakfast so a cupcake will have to do.
we are doing Ohanas for my birthday dinner . Not sure if the family is plannig any surprises for me. I don't think so seeing as how I made all the resssie's

Nancy

Hi - We are booked at Beach Club Aug 23rd-Aug 28th and then Universal for a couple of days. DDP sounds great as we have not really tried many restaurants for table service before on previous trips. What do you think the crowds will be like?

Betty

zookeeper said:
I'll be at POP with the kids from Aug.26th - Sept. 1st . Can't wait! :cool1:

We will be at POP also. Agu28-Sept 2. :banana:
Have not stayed here before, any suggestion of where to request room?

We will be eating at CM's,GG(both repeats) M. Melrose, Boma, Cape May(new).
Still trying most days to get LC, and Fastasmic pkg. for M.Melrose--if I keep pestering, hoping to get it.

Seriously thinking about renting a car this trip..cashing in AirMiles. Last time at POLY, we were closer to everything, and travel times to water parks by bus look horrible.

petbren said:
We will be at POP also. Agu28-Sept 2. :banana:
Have not stayed here before, any suggestion of where to request room?

We will be eating at CM's,GG(both repeats) M. Melrose, Boma, Cape May(new).
Still trying most days to get LC, and Fastasmic pkg. for M.Melrose--if I keep pestering, hoping to get it.

Seriously thinking about renting a car this trip..cashing in AirMiles. Last time at POLY, we were closer to everything, and travel times to water parks by bus look horrible.

When we went last Sept. we got placed in the 90's section. I was disappointed at first because of the negative comments I'd read on these boards. We ended up loving the room location. We had the computer pool practically to ourselves, we were right near the laundry room and if you cut through the parking lot it was a short walk to the buses and main building. If that's supposed to be the worst section than I will have no problem being in any room so I didn't bother to request this year. I would like to be in the 50's only because we never actually got over to that part of the resort so I don't even know what it looks like, but I get the impression that the 50's section will become the most crowded with all the requests so maybe I don't want to be there :confused3

The bus service was good, although crowded at the end of a park day. I hear that's the case for all resort buses at the end of the day. It takes about 10 minutes to get to Epcot, MGM and AK and maybe 15-20 min to get to MK. We never did a waterpark so I couldn't tell you how long that takes.

We're doing CM, Coral Reef, 50's PT, Donald's Breakfastosaurus, Ohana and Whispering Canyon. Only CM is a repeat so I'm excited to try out some new restaurants.

Have a great trip! :sunny: August is coming quickly!! :banana:

We will be at AKL from Aug 25-Sept 3. Great week to go as the crowds aren't too bad at all. We went last year at the same with free dining and it was wonderful!

We stayed at Pop and were in the 70's section, very close to the main building. It faced the lake and when we walked out our door we could see Tower of Terror in the distance. We had very good luck with the buses, never had to wait long at all. We loved it there and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

This time we are going with friends who have never stayed on site so we are staying at AKL as us moms are going to need some relaxing time since it is a girls trip...my neighbour, myself and 4 teen girls...13,14,15,16 :scared:

Our ADRs are for...'Ohana, Chefs de France, Mama Melrose's, Coral Reef, Jiko, California Grill, Wolfgang Puck Cafe, Narcoossee's.

Won't be long now! :cool1:

We went last year at the same time and found the crowds pretty decent. The only crowd heavy time was MK on the labour day weekend. So I now go there during the week.

Our ADR's are Fulton's, Rose & Crown, Ahoha dinner show, 50's prime, cape may breakfast. last year tried the Cali Grill (view of the fireworks was great), sci-fi (which was fun and the appetizers were great).

Already planning next years if there is free dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter