Anyone notice a big difference between mid ship and concierge?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by 1Winston, Jan 9, 2014.

1. 1Winston

1Winston Mouseketeer

We are deck 11 concierge right at the front of the ship last time we were midship and I still felt the ship on calm seas. Anyone done both and can comment on the difference? We are not looking at calm seas!

2. jessa07

jessa07 Can we do RnRC one more time??

The higher up you are, the more you will feel the motion of the ship. That being said, we were deck 10 forward last cruise and the only time the motion was *really* noticeable was when we were going through a storm.

3. DISNEY FANTASY

DISNEY FANTASY Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

We have been on deck 12 forward on the Fantasy 14 nights no issues at all, one in our party gets seasick, but on lower decks! We have also sailed the magic on deck 8 no issues.

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/prevent-motion-sickness-cruise-1777.html

Actually the worst place for seasickness is in enclosed rooms at the waterline, where it is close to the movement and vibration of the sea, and close to the engines.

The cure for seasickness is fresh air and looking at the horizon things you can do on higher decks.

Seasickness is caused by the brain getting mixed messages, ears detect movement, eyes say walls do not move, you need to give it information to correct it.

Fantasy forward no issues at all, avoid Cozumel boats to mainland, as low and enclosed they cause seasickness. Every time.

NB we have sailed through the back end of a hurricane twice on DCL and best place, was our room, the restaurants on lower decks the worst place.

4. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran

I felt the combination of being higher AND forward definitely increased the movement.
    I could tell the difference in the motion between mid and fore, high and low.
    Of course we had unusual seas for an extended period. :eek:
    And I'm a sensitive guy. :p

Fantasy

Bonine is your friend if staying CL on Dream Class. ;)