Anyone miss the dueling piano bar-Offbeat?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Tinky624, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Tinky624

Tinky624 Mouseketeer

Just thinking about all the fun we have had on past cruises and we always loved going to the dueling piano bar and participating in the sing-alongs! Although we love the sports bar that took its place, it is a part of the cruise that we now miss. We understand that some of the songs and shoutings are not Disneyesque, but it is all about having fun after the sun goes down and the kids are in bed!

2. pearlieq

pearlieq <font color=green>They can sit & spin<br><font col

I really wish they had kept this--even if they only did it one night a week. I bet it would be really well attended.

3. Hollyster2

Hollyster2 <font color=purple>Once Upon A Dream<br><font colo

I loved this show!
    Why did they discontinue it in the first place? Anyone know??? I wish they would bring it back!!!! :wizard:

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. cristit14

cristit14 <font color=blue> An older <font color=red>I am Do

I enjoyed it too!!!

6. perdidobay

perdidobay <font color=green>Will work for travel ;-)<br><fon

I miss it too, I love Jellyrolls.... but the shows I went to were poorly attended, so I guess they decided to drop them. I wish they would use the piano in Diversions for singalongs on nights other than pub night.

7. pacercolt

pacercolt Mouseketeer

I love jellyrolls too. I was never onboard when they had it,but I sure wish t was back. We would definitely go to that.

8. Euphscott

Euphscott DIS Veteran

Even better was the improv comedy (Think Who's Line is it Anyway) prior to the dueling pianos.

The most likely explanation for why no dueling pianos is a cost factor.

9. CamColt

CamColt Moderator Moderator

We loved Dueling Pianos...saw them 2 nights of our 3 night cruise. We missed them on our 7 day cruise last year.

10. Tinky624

Tinky624 Mouseketeer

I'm glad there are so many others that enjoyed this as much as we did Thanks. :woohoo:

Euphscott- I belive the Improve comedy show was on the wonder which we have seen and relley enjoyed that as well. I could be wrong but I don't think there was a Improve show in Offbeat aboard the Magic. :confused3

11. Mmketeer

Mmketeer <font color=blue>DIS Cast Member- no really, but n

Wow, the dueling piano bar on DCL....that's a nice blast from the past memory. DH and I loved this and we were very sorry to see it go. :( We always enjoyed going to JellyRolls at Disney's Boardwalk resort too.

[​IMG]

12. belle26

belle26 Mouseketeer

We loved the dueling pianos too! We went every night! We were disappointed when they stopped that show. We actually saw one of the performers in Las Vegas the following year.

13. donald...really

donald...really <font color=cc0099>Gotta watch out for closed mind

Offbeat was originally an improv comedy club. I saw one of their shows on my first cruise on the Magic.