Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by mac_tlc, Sep 21, 2012.

1. MapleGirl

MapleGirl Perpetual Planner

I wonder what the new resale limitations will be. Glad I got in when I did. We paid the asking price for our contract. It was a very reasonable price - $50/pt at SSR. The contract was neither stripped nor loaded. We have 23 points from 2012 and all 150 points coming in December 2013. We are now waiting for our purchase confirmation. Almost done! :thumbsup2

Our timeline so far:

2/07/13 - Started researching and looking for a resale DVC contract
    2/15/13 - Found contract
    2/19/13 - Signed contracts
    2/20/13 - Contract sent to ROFR
    3/14/13 - Disney waived ROFR
    3/20/13 - Received closing documents from title company
    3/22/13 - Faxed closing documents back to title company and wired funds for the contract

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. kkolbusz1

kkolbusz1 Mouseketeer

You're a lucky duck! I'm soooooo nervous. I can't stop looking at these boards! We offered $3 over asking price at $63. Submitted to disney on the 20th....

4. jcotten

jcotten Earning My Ears

You are on the same timeline as we are! Sent to rofr Feb 20th , passed on March 13th, sent payment and closing docs in on the 18th, I want this thing to go ahead and close!

5. ELMC

ELMC DIS Veteran

So to be clear, you're saying that $52 for OKW and $55 for SSR are "ridiculously low" offers? I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Where I do agree with you (maybe I just didn't communicate it clearly) is that my strategy might not get you "that" contract, but it will get you "a" contract. Clearly the way to win the contract you love is to go in with an offer of full asking price (or even a dollar higher) and you'll get it. What I'm suggesting is taking emotion out of the equation, and negotiating on a series of similar contracts in order to get the best price. While I agree with you that that strategy might not be for everyone, I disagree that it can't be done. This is an imperfect market and not every contract has equal demand.

I agree, and I apologize if you took my comments out of context. My comment was specifically referring to OKW and SSR, two resorts with super high levels of demand and relatively homogeneous contracts. VGC is another animal altogether. But to my point about it being an imperfect market, Fidelity had two VGC DEC contracts with all 2012 and 2013 points on their website for weeks at $95 pp. So it does happen.

6. fmer55

fmer55 DIS Veteran

Of my 3 contacts, one was loaded and the other 2 had full current UY points. I bought this way knowing I didn't need all the current points and would bank a good number of them, giving myself a cushion for years to come. I am of the camp that doesn't care about loaded, current is fine for me. And I think I did very well on my contracts. I am not into renting the points, yet:lmao: I fully understand the theory of doubling up and vacationing essentially for free, I just don't have the drive.

7. dbs1228

dbs1228 DIS Veteran

ROFR strikes again! :(

Not at all surprised timing could not have been worse since inventory is now depleted!:headache: Back to the hunt;) Good thing we are not going again until mid 2014 so we have time.

BWV 222 points Feb UY 2013 points and forward 55.00 per point (list price)

Sent to ROFR 3/6 exercised ROFR today 3/25. Fidelity said they took 3 BWV contracts today.

8. htmlkid

htmlkid Gold DCL Member / SSR DVC Member

There are no new resale limitations its all here say!!!!

9. automaticsoap

automaticsoap Mouseketeer

Sorry to hear that! I submitted a BWV contract to ROFR on 3/5, so hopefully I'll hear back soon. It's a small contract with 0 2013 points, so I'm hoping it'll get waived.

10. dbs1228

dbs1228 DIS Veteran

Good luck! So far contracts without 2013 points have been passing through since Disney cannot resell them until the points become available - they would have to hold them and that does not make much business sense!

11. fmer55

fmer55 DIS Veteran

Wow, sorry to hear about it.

I am thinking really hard about selling my BWV right now. It is almost to the point where you could sell BWV and buy BLT for just a couple bucks more and have 18 extra years and a buck less a point in MF's.

12. disfanforlife

disfanforlife DIS Veteran

Oh no! Sorry to hear that! Ours was sent on 3/17....so we still don't know yet....the only hope is it was a higher price but smaller contract, 100 points at $70.

13. disfanforlife

disfanforlife DIS Veteran

Hmmm, good point! If ours does not go through, we may look at buying BLT instead.

14. Sandisw

Sandisw Moderator Moderator

I'm so sorry to hear this...for so long they seemed to let things go...hope you find a new one soon..

15. dbs1228

dbs1228 DIS Veteran

Thank you - DH and DD's are not feeling my pain glad I have you DIS;)

Now is the time to sell BWV - resales are pretty depleted and prices are certainly up. We own BLT thought we paid a lot direct now I feel we got a deal:rotfl2:! When I spoke with the broker I asked about a BLT 100 point contract my UY and it was gone - had 2 people interested in it.

16. DougEMG

DougEMG DIS Veteran

I could be tempted here as we'll...

17. z28wiz

z28wiz DIS Veteran DVC Gold

Just sold mycontract for a profit

18. fmer55

fmer55 DIS Veteran

Details? I am so tempted to sell BWV and an OKW and upgrading to BLT. $69 for OKW, congtrats:thumbsup2

Maybe upgrading is the wrong word. I like the extra 18 years for resale down the line and a $1 less MF's. May have to list and see what happens.

19. andy117

andy117 Earning My Ears

Sorry to hear that, I was rooting for you.

20. Joey7295

Joey7295 DIS Veteran

Just found out Disney is taking another one

21. z28wiz

z28wiz DIS Veteran DVC Gold

`