1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by mac_tlc, Sep 21, 2012.

1. ELMC

ELMC DIS Veteran

Victory! Congrats. :goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. moreisgood

moreisgood Falling in love

As I thought. I'm a real estate agent, and everyone loves to tell about the "steal" they got, but when they pay the typical price, they talk about the great back yard!

I have come up with a set of equations that I think determine the "real" price of a contract, factoring in the points available situation. Is there anything like that here that I haven't seen? I'd like to see if I got it right, and I'd be willing to share it if there is interest.

4. silmarg

silmarg SIL

I like the analogy!

I would love to see it!

5. DisneyFansInLINY

DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

The broker I am using told me flat out that these people are lying. I am not saying that I believe her. As she was trying to sell me a contract that I was hesitant about. So I know it may have been a sales tactic to get me to accept a counter-offer. And it of course worked as I didn't want to take a chance to see if I could find a better deal elsewhere.

The ironic part of it all is that I noticed alot of these so-called "liars" use her realty office lol. I didn't bother to tell her this but thought that it was interesting. I guess brokers don't want you to know or believe this thread! :rotfl:

6. silmarg

silmarg SIL

Just got my email from Fidelity. Passed ROFR!

Pretty quick - the fact that I was on the Disney Fantasy last week make the wait much more palatable!

7. kenly777

kenly777 Mouseketeer

I would live to read this info. Thanks!

Just thought I'd add a little aside about how quick my closing through TSS went. I sent my funds out late Friday night. The woman at the post office said that my check would get to Florida on Monday. I received an email Monday afternoon that the closing was already completed! Lets hope the points get loaded in this timely a fashion :)

8. kenly777

kenly777 Mouseketeer

My previous comment about reading the info was in reference to this, just pushed the wrong button on my iPhone :(

9. moreisgood

moreisgood Falling in love

As you'll see, I was an engineer before I was a real estate agent. A little nerdy, but I think it's a realistic way to compare resale contracts.

DVC Contract Point value calculations
    Looking for the AVP or actual value per point, of a contract.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    XP = Extra points available with the contract, from previous years, ex. 2011, 2012 points
    MP = Missing points from the contract, from this year or future years, ex. 2013, 2014 points
    AD = annual dues/point for the resort
    CP = number of points on the contract each year
    AP = asking price per point for the contract
    AVP = actual value per point of the contract
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IF there are Extra points (points available outside of the current year – now 2013)
    AP - ((XP x AD) /CP ) = AVP

AVP should be more than the AP.
    Hint – if there are exactly a year’s worth of extra points, the AVP will just be the AP – AD.

IF the contract is missing points (no points for the current year, or even next year)
    AP + ((MP x AD) /CP ) = AVP
    AVP should be less than the AP.
    Hint – if there are exactly a year’s worth of missing points, the AVP will just be the AP + AD.

If the contract has no extra or missing points, the AVP is the AP – no math needed.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You could take this one step further, and use $11 instead of the AD, if you were planning to rent the points out.

10. puffkin

puffkin DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Just received word that Disney waived ROFR :cool1: Just waiting for Fidelity to send the closing paperwork :thumbsup2

11. mort1331

mort1331 Mouseketeer

very nice puff, congrats

12. elcid3

elcid3 Earning My Ears

congrats! My contract was also submitted on 2/5 through Fidelity so I keep checking my email!

13. Breyean

Breyean DVC Since '93

Got a call from the title company yesterday about my VGC contract that passed ROFR last week.

Seems this title company doesn't actually charge the deposit you send in with the contract to your card until you pass ROFR. As the woman put it to me, Disney buys back enough contracts that they don't want to waste time putting through a charge only to have to reverse it a month later if the contract gets ROFR'd.

She also said Disney closes fast compared with other timeshares, of which I have no point of reference.

Anyway, one step closer, as her email states...

14. elcid3

elcid3 Earning My Ears

Just found out we passed!! This is our first DVC purchase!

15. silmarg

silmarg SIL

That is a phenominal deal. Congrats.

16. fmer55

fmer55 DIS Veteran

Passed ROFR today:thumbsup2

Sent 1/31, passed 2/26

17. DannysMom

DannysMom DIS Veteran

Some really great deals getting through! Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

18. lville23

lville23 Earning My Ears

is this a miss print?! $50 for a loaded contract and seller pays maint fees. Man-o-man. I want you to negotiate my next car purchase!

19. emgal

emgal Earning My Ears

Congrats!

This is just like our contract! - 210 BWV (June). Although our points distribution is slightly different.

I'm hoping to hear today. Went in on 1/30.

20. Joey7295

Joey7295 DIS Veteran

Just found out we passed

21. lville23

lville23 Earning My Ears

Congrats! These are some good deals. Joey is going to buy out SSR the way he is snatching up the points!