Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by mac_tlc, Sep 21, 2012.
Nice. Good luck finishing up!
Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Log in or Sign up to hide this adverts.
Submitted on 1/18
OKW Extended 270 total points AUGUST UY, $61.92/point, buyer pays MFs and combined closing
There are actually 3 separate contracts and I am paying full asking price on each. The details are:
30 pts - 30 banked 2011, 30 2012 and forward, $69/pt
50 pts - 50 banked 2011, 50 2012 and forward, $65/pt
190 pts - 75 banked 2011, 190 2012 and forward, $60/pt
In total I am getting 425 2012 points (155 banked from 2011)
Good luck! My bwv contract was submitted on the same day. Hopefully we'll hear good news soon
The contract we thought had gone for ROFR turned out to be in foreclosure. Sigh. We'll try again when we find one we like.
Did they market these together or separately? If separately, you were fortunate to get each one! Nice collection! Good luck!
bummer!! Does that mean it goes straight to Disney without them having to pay the cost? Good luck on another!
That stinks! Good luck finding the next one!
Sorry! We had similar...we thought we went to ROFR and 8 days later got an e-mail that our contract was cancelled (was with Fidelity and not a forclosure...actually think the sellers decided to book a trip and re-list with another broker). We had to go back to the drawing board and it wasn't so easy since we were looking for 50-100 points with Aug UY at HH (wanted closer to 100 points and not a stripped contract). When we weren't finding anything we tried to buy direct and had to go on wait list, so we began to then look at AKV and BWV and finally found a 100 point contract at AKV (NOT with Fidelity). We are about 2 weeks into ROFR. Good luck on your hunt!
It's been a long wait (about 4 months), but our 220 BLT Sep contract is finally closed at $75 pp. 220 points coming Sep 2013 and all forward
We dealt with very slow sellers and seller agent/closing company.
Here's a little on our timeline:
-10/8 reached agreement with seller originally at $17,200 (found posting on Sellmytimesharenow.com)
-10/16 - still hadn't received any contracts or contact from the seller's agent Sellmytimesharenow.com despite numerous calls and messages on my account. Began doubting that contract was going to proceed. Contacted Seller to let them know we were moving onto another contract (I had found an AKV contract that was interesting). Instead, Seller dropped price to $16,500 or $75 pp (Seller always agreed to pay all closing costs and 2012 mf). We agreed to new lower price and to wait a few more days.
10/17 - received contracts from Timeshare broker services. They had numerous errors. fortunately, I am an attorney an knew what needed to be changed
10/19 recieved revised contracts to sign. Executed and sent back next morning.
10/22 - received copies of executed contract
At this point we began dealing with Sheila Downs of Timeshare Closing Services.
I don't know when we were submitted to ROFR or when it was approved. I was actually worried that it wasn't handled correctly. I still don't see the notice on the Comptroller's website, but DVC has told me I am in their computer system, so I guess they did waive ROFR at some point.
11/26- I received closing documents. I of course had comments on the deed.
11/27 - I executed the documents and wired my funds.
2 months of waiting for the Seller to execute deed. Seller was from Canada and did not want to go to US notary for execution. I have not seen copy of deed, so I am still concerned that this was not handled properly.
1/23 - Deed Recorded on Comptroller's website (deed shows that it was executed 12/19/12 -- not sure why the Seller delayed in sending it to the Closing company) NOTE: This was almost 2 MONTHS after I wired funds.
2/4 - I called DVC and was told that I am in the computer system and my membership card is in the mail. They would not give me my member number over the phone. I am still waiting, nearly 4 months later!
2/5 - I'm cautiously optomistic at this point that the transaction may be final. I still need to see the actual deed to make sure it was a US notary that notarized the deed.
In contrast, I had a very fast 50 BWV Dec UY contract that I purchased through Sharon at Fidelity. 6 weeks from offer to closing, first reservation made one week later.
10/3 - reached agreement on price same day $67 per point, buyer pays closing costs (I paid asking price because I wanted a contract in time to take advantage of the PAP deal. We purchased 9 PAPs, and the savings practically pays for this small contract right off the bat)
10/4 - received contracts for execution
10/5 - we mailed back executed contracts and deposit
10/8 - received contract executed by Sellers, submitted to ROFR
11/6 - passed ROFR
11/8 - I added a friend to contract so that she could take advantage of PAP deal. We received addendum immediately.
11/9 - received closing documents
11/12 - returned executed closing documents
11/15 - contract closed
I contacted DVC right before thanksgiving and received member number via phone with tons of time to spare for my PAP purchases!
I would never use sellmytimeshares. Never! I dealt with two different people there just trying to get info on a contract they had for sale. It took me several weeks just to get the UY and the people acted as if I was interrupting their card game or something. Not helpful, courteous or knowledgeable at all.
TTS is so efficient it blows my mind!
Ok, next try...
Seller accepted an offer of $71 per point on a 350 pt BCV contract. March UY, no '12 points, all '13 points coming. We pay closing costs & MF on '13 points. Still working with the Timeshare Store. Love those guys! (Though a bit annoyed they didn't know the last contract we made an offer on was in foreclosure. They handled it correctly, but it was still an inconvenience to us.)
Anyway...deposit check is in the mail to them. They should get this one in to ROFR quickly.
Yay! Hope it goes through fast!
Sent to ROFR 02/04:
210 SSR (June) $55 420-12, 210-13 buyer pay closing & $195 fee while seller pays 2013 maint. fees. Purchased from Fidelity!
My best deal to date- Even if the 2011 points expire before contract closes I'm still happy with deal. I already have several Disney trips planned this year but if those 2011 points prove to be good I may have to work another one in I'm gonna get great use out of my PAP this year
Got the email today from TTS that I closed, along with congratulations. The email said it may take 14-28 days for Disney to recognize me in their system, yet I need a room 18 days from now
Historically, do I have a chance at making this deadline?
Can you take the pressure off yourself and rent this time (don't know your details)?
Congrats and good luck!
It took us only 7 days last time between closing and when points showed up, but that was my 2nd contract. It might be faster if they are only adding a 2nd contract to an existing account. Can't remember how long it took for 1st contract...
My first loaded quicker than my second. There are very few people who handle the data entry. Just depends how busy they are. Good Luck!
There is still availability...so I hope you get into the system quick so you can book. Come back and let us know how it worked out.
Separate names with a comma.