Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Passed ROFR on 12/27 submitted on 12/7 $50 a point SSR 300 points, buyer pays 2013 MF and Seller pays 2012.

yeah!

There are no reports on the first page of any VGC contracts being ROFR'd. Is that correct?

Yup...nobody has reported being ROFRd for a VGC contract.

That's not true. I reported having been ROFR'd on two separate resale attempts made in the summer and fall of 2011. They used to be listed on the summary, as well as several other unfortunates like me.

Even during 2012 I recall reading posts here made by people having been ROFR'd at VGC.

Not sure where all that data went, but VGC is one of the resorts Disney seems to have targeted aggressively, most likely because of the direct demand that has created a somewhat long wait list for people wanting points (depending on UY desired, of course - some UY are shorter than others).

Breyean said:
That's not true. I reported having been ROFR'd on two separate resale attempts made in the summer and fall of 2011. They used to be listed on the summary, as well as several other unfortunates like me.

Even during 2012 I recall reading posts here made by people having been ROFR'd at VGC.

Not sure where all that data went, but VGC is one of the resorts Disney seems to have targeted aggressively, most likely because of the direct demand that has created a somewhat long wait list for people wanting points (depending on UY desired, of course - some UY are shorter than others).

See that's what I thought I had read here on the boards! Seems like many have home through though also. Pretty confusing!

I lean more towards direct and one of the reasons resale didn't appeal was the length of time it would take because of the ROFR and not ending up with it anyway.

I wonder what happened to that info? Strange!

The post on the first page is just reported activity for 2012. Due to the length of the post, I had to remove 2011 data. However, there is a link near the post on the first page to another post that had the 2011 data. Look on page 247, post #3704 for the latest post before the new thread was started.

Here is what was reported in 2011 for VGC ROFRs:

ROFR'D - VGC:
Breyean------- 250 VGC (Jun) $74, 62 '11 pts, all '12 pts, buyer pays closing, seller pays mf (sub 6/23, ROFR 7/14)
Homemom------- 160 VGC (Aug) $85, 78 banked '10 pts, 82 '12 pts, all '13 pts, buyer pays closing (sub 7/6, ROFR 8/1)
Raftislander----- 160 VGC (Jun) $85, 5 banked '10 pts, all '11 & '12 pts, buyer pays closing, seller pays mf (sub 10/3, ROFR 11/2) non-member
Breyean-------160 VGC (Jun) $80, all '11, '12 & '13 pts, buyer pays closing, seller pays mf (sub 10/27) Fidelity

mac_tlc

I have been reading these boards for a couple of months and have recently made an offer on a contract at BWV. I have one question about the process. Does Disney have a time limit to exercise their ROFR.

Thanks

MDdriver said:
I have been reading these boards for a couple of months and have recently made an offer on a contract at BWV. I have one question about the process. Does Disney have a time limit to exercise their ROFR.

Thanks

I believe that you should get your answer on ROFR within 30 days. Often Disney takes the full measure of time allotted, mainly to slow down the resale process IMO.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

MDdriver said:

Thanks

Disney has 30 days to decide on ROFR.

My contract got canceled last week...bummer...now off to find a new one. Been looking at the big 4 resale companies since last week...wasn't a lot at HHI (where we want to add on at)...not a lot of small contracts...until I looked again today and noticed some that just popped up on one of the resale company's sites. Hmmmm?????

Just passed ROFR today :banana:
SSR, 160 points, $60/pt, December use year, all 2012 points and about 50 2011 points available. Very happy - the price could have been a little better but who knows how long it would've taken to get an accepted offer. And with a Saturday night in February where I couldn't stomach paying $400 for a Moderate at WDW, it's going to be put to immediate use!

Disney took 25 days including weekends.

Just passed ROFR today :banana:
SSR, 160 points, $60/pt, December use year, all 2012 points and about 50 2011 points available. Very happy - the price could have been a little better but who knows how long it would've taken to get an accepted offer. And with a Saturday night in February where I couldn't stomach paying $400 for a Moderate at WDW, it's going to be put to immediate use!

Disney took 25 days including weekends.

Congratulations!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: I am still waiting on mine.

We passed ROFR today. SSR 100 pts, March UY $55/pt 100 '12 points and all forward. Buyer pays closing and '13 MF. Super excited to own at a new resort.

Timeline:
Offer made and accepted 11/26/12
The seller (a young college student) had to return the contract via snail mail so it didn't get sent to ROFR until 12/11/12
Passed ROFR 1/8/13 (28 days)

I hope closing doesn't take nearly as long as getting the offer paperwork in. Hopefully the money motivator will ring true in this case. :banana:

OK... 25 and 28 days... Mine is on it's 22nd day... Maybe I shouldn't be losing all hope yet!!!!

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

I think with the holidays and systems maintenance they were working resales on Thursdays. I'd be willing to bet that you hear on 1/15.

Passed on Dec UY 150 pts SSR, $63.

Waiting on AKV 160 AUG UY at $60. Worried about this one. On day 8.

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: Just got my email saying that DISNEY HAS WAIVED ROFR

Nope, I am not too excited:rotfl:

For the record: OKW June UY, $57 per point 115 points for 2013, 230 banked points to use by 6/1/13, buyer pays 2013 dues.

:dance3:

Moira222 said:
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: Just got my email saying that DISNEY HAS WAIVED ROFR

Nope, I am not too excited:rotfl:

For the record: OKW June UY, $57 per point 115 points for 2013, 230 banked points to use by 6/1/13, buyer pays 2013 dues.

:dance3:

Congrats on getting some tough to eat OKW points! Welcome home. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!