Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by mac_tlc, Sep 21, 2012.
Got through ROFR for 160 points at Grand Californian for $90/point for an almost stripped contract.
Log in or Sign up to hide this adverts.
I don't think there can be any vacations booked as it goes through closing...they'd have to book the trip and then take it before they could go to closing...I believe.
We passed ROFR in early November and still haven't closed. Our seller just doesn't seem motivated to get his contract in. (Actually, he did finally return it, but 2 pages were done incorrectly. And though the pages to correct were over-nighted, we're still waiting... And, no, he is not a "foreigner.")
It's looking doubtful that we'll get to use 60 points that expire before March. And I keep checking availability for Spring Break. *sigh*
I would give you a small chance that you will have those points in time.
But you still got a great deal! Wish you luck.
Thanks for the replies. The points weren't on the listing but are on the contract. So, we're not looking at them as a loss but more like a very awesome bonus if we could have been able to use them.
Good Luck to everyone waiting for their contracts!
I think that if a reservation is booked in the future, the contract cannot be closed.
What about buying a RCI certificate ? It is good for 2 years.
But I have no idea if it can be bought and transfer during the buying process...
Any change in the current point status would result in an addendum needing to be filed. It happened to us when we realized we weren't going to be closed in time to bank the points ourselves. The seller and the buyer signed an addendum and it was sent to Disney to be added to our contract documents. It didn't result in a delay but you definitely can't close with a pending vacation. Our BLT contract took 47 days from start to finish.
The contract we are buying went to ROFR today.
88 HHI (Aug) $53, no '12 pts, 82 '13 pts, 21 '14 points, buyer pays closing, seller pays '13 mf (sub 12/26) member, Fidelity
Submitted to Disney on November 20 and Disney waived the ROFR on December 18th. (I guess I missed the email from Fidelity as I just found out today!!!) 100 SSR Aug UY at $54 I'm paying closing. No points for 2012, but has everything going foward. Not the best deal I have seen, but I'm happy as it is sometimes difficult to get these smaller point :cool1contracts. I just saw another contract similiar to this one that sold for $67, so I guess I"m feeling better.
The final doucments should arrive this week to be signed, so back to the waiting game!
Just found out that we passed ROFR! Yeah!
Congratulations! I see from your post on 11/30 that Disney took just under 30 days, is that correct?
I have a contract awaiting ROFR for Saratoga at $60, so obviously they're going to waive their rights. I think I signed a week after you...so, can't wait!!!!
Happy new year to you!
Thank you to everyone on this board. Disney waived ROFR today! We submitted to disney on 12/4, passed today 12/27 on BWV 175 pts at $55 pp September UY. 66 2012 pts (plus 30 holding points) 145 2013 pts and 175 going forward. It's our late Christmas present. Hopefully when we close, we can use some of those points for a Memorial Day trip.
Yep! Down to the wire!
Fingers crossed for you, but I think you should be fine!
Finally closed!!! Saw the info on the Orange County Comptroller site, posted this morning.
Now to wait for DVC to load the points...
Might not get to use the 2011 points before they expire, but Spring Break should work out. *fingers crossed*
Just passed ROFR today. 200-points at BLT, $88/point, June use year, 0-2012, 200-2013, 200-2014... Buyer pays closing costs and 2013 dues. Contract sent to Disney on Dec. 6.
Hi everyone --
Working on the latest update as I wait for the snow to start falling here in CT (UGH). Should be posted on the first tab shortly.
We are so excited and also very thankful. . .
that we passed ROFR on the 28th!
280 pts at AKV, asking price/pt, February UY, we pay closing and the 2013 dues, 280 pts for 2013 along with 38 banked pts from 2012 and 280 pts ongoing.
So now the wait for the closing docs and we are in the clear! We are planning on a 7 night trip the 3rd week of June and then a 9 night trip the second week of October!
Thank you everyone for all the great info over the past year. We should have done this 10 years ago! Especially last year after 3 trips in a year. We are also so thankful for the great broker we have been dealing with. They are a wonderful family!
Found out yesterday we PASSED!!!
Hopefully we can close in time to schedule a March vacation!
Separate names with a comma.