Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section V

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Thanks for keeping up with all this info - - - just a slight correction to the "undfan okw 230 June pass rofr" entry updated in post #1 - - - buyer and seller split just closing - - - not mf - - - minor modification but didn't want to inadvertantly mislead anyone. Thanks again for keeping up with all this "stuff" - - - am surprised you can keep all the info together as well as you do!- - - it is a very valuable service to many!

Just sent to Disney ...

160 points -March Use Year -Saratoga @ $55 per point with all 2012 points (banked) 160 each year after - seller paying MF's and buyer/seller splitting closing

Really hoping this one makes it through since our last one at OKW got taken back... actually I'm glad though b/c this is a better contract for us anyway!

Heard from Fidelity on Tuesday(Dec 4) that we passed ROFR!! Took almost the full 30 but worth the wait!! We are so excited!!

We just signed a contract for Animal Kingdom Villas. 180 points. Dec. use year. 180 points banked from 2011 that must be used by Dec. 2013, 180 points from 2012, and 180 points for December 2013 and onward. $63.88 per point. Sellers paid maintenance for 2011 and 2012. Buyer will pay 2013. Buyer will pay closing. :cheer2::cheer2:

Jim and Kitty Bauer

beadel said:
We just signed a contract for Animal Kingdom Villas. 180 points. Dec. use year. 180 points banked from 2011 that must be used by Dec. 2013, 180 points from 2012, and 180 points for December 2013 and onward. $63.88 per point. Sellers paid maintenance for 2011 and 2012. Buyer will pay 2013. Buyer will pay closing. :cheer2::cheer2:

Jim and Kitty Bauer

That's a great contract congrats

After going back and forth for the last 3 years we finally decided to purchase a resale contract. We found a contract for SSR (558 points for 2012 (350 + 208 banked 2011) + 350 for 2013). $63.5ppt. buyer pays MF and closing cost. The family is extremely excited especially the wife. Now just playing the waiting game.

bustahog said:
After going back and forth for the last 3 years we finally decided to purchase a resale contract. We found a contract for SSR (558 points for 2012 (350 + 208 banked 2011) + 350 for 2013). $63.5ppt. buyer pays MF and closing cost. The family is extremely excited especially the wife. Now just playing the waiting game.

Congrats to you! Sounds like a great contract you will enjoy for many many years! Crossing fingers for a quick reply back and not too long of a wait!

Jim and Kitty Bauer

Is that the listing on Fidelity? There were two identical contracts both for $68.

If you got them to agree to 63.88 I think I may make the same offer because that's a pretty good deal. I thought $68 was too high so didn't even try.

Is that the listing on Fidelity? There were two identical contracts both for $68.

If you got them to agree to 63.88 I think I may make the same offer because that's a pretty good deal. I thought $68 was too high so didn't even try.

Never hurts to offer. A $5 discount on an offer is not unheard of.

GOOFY D said:
Never hurts to offer. A $5 discount on an offer is not unheard of.

Indeed. $5 less per point is a pretty standard offer, unless the contract is priced to sell. That was the difference between listing price & selling price on the contract I bought this past summer.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

DannysMom said:
Indeed. $5 less per point is a pretty standard offer, unless the contract is priced to sell. That was the difference between listing price & selling price on the contract I bought this past summer.

The difference between the asking price and what I offered (and eventually paid) was $13 per point a few months ago. Offers should not be based at all on asking price. Offer what you believe the contract is worth. If someone rejects that offer, move on to another contract. There is always another one.

bighoo93 said:
The difference between the asking price and what I offered (and eventually paid) was $13 per point a few months ago. Offers should not be based at all on asking price. Offer what you believe the contract is worth. If someone rejects that offer, move on to another contract. There is always another one.

Absolutely agree. Offer what you are willing to pay, regardless of list price.

Wow, that was quick!
Submitted 11/19
Passed ROFR 12/11
SSR 50 points February use year $60 per point

My first contract! Woohoo!

SSR 100 Aug 45$ - passed ROFR this week (Oct 30) :)

Update: Closed Nov 26, got my member number by calling Member Administration yesterday, and got set up online with my 1 time activation pin today. And guess what? On top of the full 100 2012 UY points, there are 100 banked points in my contract that I didn't know about!! :cheer2: So I've made my first reservation for 2 months from now with my first choice :)

Once I was all set up, my other DVC (that just closed 4 days ago, and is a different U/Y) was already showing up online, but the points weren't loaded yet. I'll be booking the second part of my vacation with the banked points from that one.

I'm deliriously happy right now!
Thanks for everyone's help!!

Lizard Valley said:
Update: Closed Nov 26, got my member number by calling Member Administration yesterday, and got set up online with my 1 time activation pin today. And guess what? On top of the full 100 2012 UY points, there are 100 banked points in my contract that I didn't know about!! :cheer2: So I've made my first reservation for 2 months from now with my first choice :)

Once I was all set up, my other DVC (that just closed on 4 days ago, and is a different U/Y) was already showing up online, but the points weren't loaded yet. I'll be booking the second part of my vacation with the banked points from that one.

I'm deliriously happy right now!
Thanks for everyone's help!!

Wow that is awesome, congrats, only read one other story like that recently.

Heard from TSS that my contract passed ROFR today. Submitted 11/15, passed 12/11. OKW (2042) 100 pt contract, June UY, 109 current pts, 100 2013, buyer pays 2013 MF and closing, seller paid 2012 MF. It's a little higher than I wanted to pay ($2/pt more), but it has more points to use this year, and as long as I get signed in on-line by 1/31 I can bank most of those into next year (if I don't use them first).

If I can get signed on before my trip at the end of January, I'd like to book some rooms for myself with basically zero preferences (I'd like a washer in the room-so a 1 bedroom-my last day there, but that's it, I'd stay anywhere for any number of days under 100 pts total).

Can't wait for my first trip home!

Passed ROFR today! First contract and super excited! :banana:

157 pts at BWV, 272 currently available and all future pts. 61$pp March UY. Bought thru TTS.

Now I hope we can close in time to get our discounted PAPs!

Heard from TSS that my contract passed ROFR today. Submitted 11/15, passed 12/11. OKW (2042) 100 pt contract, June UY, 109 current pts, 100 2013, buyer pays 2013 MF and closing, seller paid 2012 MF. It's a little higher than I wanted to pay ($2/pt more), but it has more points to use this year, and as long as I get signed in on-line by 1/31 I can bank most of those into next year (if I don't use them first).

If I can get signed on before my trip at the end of January, I'd like to book some rooms for myself with basically zero preferences (I'd like a washer in the room-so a 1 bedroom-my last day there, but that's it, I'd stay anywhere for any number of days under 100 pts total).

Can't wait for my first trip home!

Congrats on your contract, I also paid a little more for my add on but wanted the same use year so I am happy with that and I still paid half of what I would have paid if I bought direct!

(Thanks for keeping up with all this info - - - just a slight correction to the "undfan okw 230 June pass rofr" entry updated in post #1 - - - buyer and seller split just closing - - - not mf - - - minor modification but didn't want to inadvertantly mislead anyone. Thanks again for keeping up with all this "stuff" - - - am surprised you can keep all the info together as well as you do!- - - it is a very valuable service to many!

Thanks undfan for keeping me honest. I'll catch that change in the next update.

mac_tlc

We just got our first DVC contract back in August and addonitis has already hit. We just passed ROFR on two more contracts, yay! Again, a big thanks to all of you who post ROFR prices. It's such a big help to know where the market is at!

310 BCV (Apr) $44, 21 '11 pts, 198 '12 pts, all '13 pts, buyer pays closing and split 2012 mf (sub 10/3, passed 11/27)

190 BCV (Apr) $46, 0 '11 pts, 110 '12 pts, all '13 pts, buyer pays closing and split 2012 mf (sub 9/26, passed 11/27)

The broker botched the paperwork on the first submission and I didn't start asking questions until 4 weeks had passed. They had to resubmit everything on 10/26. Fortunately, Member Services was very helpful and let me bank the remaining 2012 points 1 1/2 weeks late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter