Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section IV

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Donald is #1, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey7295

Joey7295 DIS Veteran

I received my email from Fidelity at 2:38

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Thumper4me

Thumper4me Planning my next trip

I put in an offer yesterday on 150 OKW points with an April use year. The contract has 8 2012 points, 150 per year going forward. Specifics: $51 per point, buyer pays closing costs, seller pays 2012 maintenance fees. Sent to Disney fro ROFR yesterday.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. This will be my first OKW points. My other points are BWV.

Kelly

4. moobar25

moobar25 Mouseketeer

So I checked the OC Comptrollers page today and my name showed up! It says the info is still being processed (not all info is in). Does this mean that we closed today? I don't want to call Fidelity or the Title Co. and bug them.

If we closed today - then how much longer till we are in the system and official members? I know it will take a while until we get our paperwork from Disney.

5. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

I closed today too!!!! :cool1: I sent an email to inquire after Evy sent me one reminding me to send in closing documents after I already did and got an email confirming that. :confused3

I got another one from her this afternoon saying everything closed and Disney will be getting paperwork and to expect point to show up in about 2 weeks along with my membership info.

I already have the membership info and same use year so it will be added to my current points.

It usually will take maybe a week even though she said 2.

If this is your first contract you can call member services in about a week or so and they can give you your member number over the phone until you get your cards.

I will be looking to see when my new contract shows up so I will also post. I am sure both of our will be available around the same time.

Welcome home!!!!

6. moobar25

moobar25 Mouseketeer

Thank you & Congrats on closing!
    Yes this is my first & I can't wait till its all done. So excited. I hope you're right about week or two. We're going to WDW on 9/30 and hoping to get DVC-APs. Someone mentioned that as long as we are in the system we can get ID cards at the preview center at SSR. I've been worried we're not gonna make it.

7. belias21

belias21 DIS Dad's Club Member #717

The fact that this contract isn't really loaded should definitely help you get through ROFR. OKW has been tough lately, but mine got through last week (I had no 2012 points).

Good Luck! :banana::banana::banana:

8. twoj

twoj Mouseketeer

I closed and was on the Comptrollers website on 8/31... I called member admin yesterday (9/11) and they told me I wasn't set up yet and that they have been experiencing computer issues.. Kind o sounds like there is one person who sets them up but not sure... He told me to try back on Monday.. That would put me at 18-20 days for it to be set up... I see some people are set up in less than a week-- wish I was one of them..
    I am anxious to have spring break booked :)

9. michelleiada

michelleiada DIS Veteran

Ok...so I was informed 9 days ago that I passed ROFR. still no closing documents. Is this normal? Seems like I should have by now?

10. DannysMom

DannysMom DIS Veteran

Yep. Completely normal. I got my closing docs emailed 10 days after passing ROFR.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards App please excuse any typos.

11. michelleiada

michelleiada DIS Veteran

Thanks. I thought I would get them through email. I didn't realize they would come through the mail.

12. macleod1979

macleod1979 Mouseketeer

I second that.

13. Disneytrish

Disneytrish Earning My Ears

I'm still waiting.. I'm starting to go crazy!

14. LRHOH

LRHOH Earning My Ears

Made it through ROFR with two properties. SSR for 80 points and BLT for 25 points. Have already closed on SSR. When can I contact DVC about member number? Expectin to close on BLT this week.

15. Disneytrish

Disneytrish Earning My Ears

Just got word that we passed!!!!! Woo hoooo!!

16. mrp4352

mrp4352 DIS Veteran

We just got the word - we passed!!!

VB - 200 points, Sept use year, no banked points, but all 2012 points available. Buyer pays closing/maintenance fees $44/point

Sorry I didn't share earlier, but after the trouble with the purchase we tried in May, I didn't want to jinx this one!!

17. PhillyCPA

PhillyCPA Earning My Ears

We passed! This is our first contract so we are very excited to be new members of DVC.

:cool1::yay::yay::yay::cool1:

18. cz4ever

cz4ever Imagineer-in-training

Duplicate - where's that delete button?!?

19. cz4ever

cz4ever Imagineer-in-training

I've been working with an "off Broadway" reseller (sellmytimesharenow.com), so I've held off posting until I had definitive information. Good news -- as of last night the title for the BWV contract is visible on the Orange County (Orlando) Comptroller's website! So I think it's safe to report that:
    • OKW 300 was ROFR'd (previously reported and no surprise)
    • BWV 300 has closed! I hope to be in the DVC system soon.
    • VWL 400 is in the process of closing! Disney took its sweet time but ultimately did not exercise its ROFR. I hope it closes within the week---it's really up to the sellers and how fast they send in their paperwork.
    Two out of three ain't bad... Now to rent out the 600 or so points that expire in two and a half months (once I'm in the system)!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

20. DougEMG

DougEMG DIS Veteran

Congradulations on you two purchases. Real shame about that OKW one not getting through. Good luck with renting out those points :)

21. MickeyFan612

MickeyFan612 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

I saw an OKW today and I had to put in an offer...what have I got to loose:) Offer Excepted!!

OKW $50/point (April) all 2011, 2012 and forward. I pay closing. seller pays 2012 maint. hmmm I wander what my odds are LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.