Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang Monkey! Still on the hunt for OKW points apparently. Sorry for those that lost out. :(. And totally "no fair" that they made you sweat it out for 30+ days and STILL snagged your contract! :( :( :(

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.

ROFR 09/07

OKW 300 (DEC) 2011 260, 2012 300, all going forward
I was to pay closing and seller the 2012 maint. $54/pt

It was submitted Aug 1. They had it in a pile of undecided!
:( When they were contacted and had to make a
decision they decided to keep it!!

I'm not entirely sure about this because the wording of ROFR is complicated to say the least, but you may be able to challenge this. I know someone who has successfully done this in the past, so it becomes a question of whether or not you want to go through the hassle and whether or not your broker will help you. Again, I'm not saying that you have the absolute right, but it doesn't hurt to try. Good luck.

OK, here we go again, sent to ROFR today (8/22/2012):

150 OKW Dec UY, 150 banked '11 pts, all pts going forward. $58/pt, seller pays MF, buyer pays CC. Fidelity.

We decided to bump up our offer a little bit, plus pay the CC ourselves, to try and confuse the monkey...pixiedust:

Double-U Tee Eff.

WE WERE ROFR'D AGAIN

MickeyFan612 said:
ROFR 09/07

jrpeterson5 said:
We just received word that Disney excercised their ROFR. We thought we were safe due to the price per point being higher than any others that were documented here and taken on ROFR.

OWK, Dec UY, 230 points, 224 banked 2011, 230 2012, all points forward.
Buyer pays closing cost. MF: 10 months seller, 2 months buyer.
$57.39 per point. ($13,200)
Submitted 8/23/12, ROFR (notified) 9/7/12

I know, loaded contract. Still hurts! :( Guess the quest continues.....

(I will post this in my thread as well)

t0r0 said:
Double-U Tee Eff.

WE WERE ROFR'D AGAIN

Sorry those were taken from you. Looks like OKW December UY is very hard to get through these days. Maybe they are buying these up to have enough points for them to resell this Fall? With all 3 of these contracts loaded, it was that much more attractive to Disney, I guess. Disappointing for you though. Good luck with future contracts.

ROFR 09/07

We just received word that Disney excercised their ROFR. We thought we were safe due to the price per point being higher than any others that were documented here and taken on ROFR.

OWK, Dec UY, 230 points, 224 banked 2011, 230 2012, all points forward.
Buyer pays closing cost. MF: 10 months seller, 2 months buyer.
$57.39 per point. ($13,200)
Submitted 8/23/12, ROFR (notified) 9/7/12

I know, loaded contract. Still hurts! :( Guess the quest continues.....

(I will post this in my thread as well)
Double-U Tee Eff.

WE WERE ROFR'D AGAIN

Black Friday?

Sorry to hear about all the OKW contracts being ROFR'd. I feel your pain. I gave up earlier in the spring trying to buy OKW and instead switched to SSR where I had much better luck.

Sorry to all who got ROFRd. Seems like they are snatching up all the loaded OKW contracts. Better luck next time to you all.

MickeyFan612 said:
Sent to ROFR 9/5

270 BCV (Dec) 270-2011, 270-2012
buyer pays closing seller pays 2012 maint.

Really hoping this passes:) I don't know though, I've seen them take back several BCV contracts on these boards:confused3

Congrats to everyone that passed this week!

Good luck!

Sorry to hear about all the OKW contracts being ROFR'd. I feel your pain. I gave up earlier in the spring trying to buy OKW and instead switched to SSR where I had much better luck.

I hear you Doug.... I've switched to SSR too. Seems a much better value anyways:). I may try for an OKW when Disney eventually starts taking interest in SSR:)

ROFR 09/07

That is very strange. If Disney genuinely didn't make a decision for 30 days (and it wasn't just a breakdown in communication with the broker) then I thought they had lost their chance to exercise ROFR.

I'm not entirely sure about this because the wording of ROFR is complicated to say the least, but you may be able to challenge this. I know someone who has successfully done this in the past, so it becomes a question of whether or not you want to go through the hassle and whether or not your broker will help you. Again, I'm not saying that you have the absolute right, but it doesn't hurt to try. Good luck.

That is very strange. If Disney genuinely didn't make a decision for 30 days (and it wasn't just a breakdown in communication with the broker) then I thought they had lost their chance to exercise ROFR.

I think you guys are both probably right. My broker seemed kind of shocked it hadn't shown up yet when we checked the submittal dates, but since she didn't mention taking any action I've decided not to make a big fuss over. It does stink waiting all that time but I think something better will eventually come along:) Perhaps my BCV will pass. That will be the one I will put up a fight over:)

That's not the wording for ROFR. They get 30 days or until close.

Got one!

VB, FEB UY, 150 points, 150 2012, all points forward.
Buyer pays closing cost. MF: 50/50
$45 per point. ($6,750)
Submitted 7/23/12, Passed 8/21/12

dkostel said:
Got one!

VB, FEB UY, 150 points, 150 2012, all points forward.
Buyer pays closing cost. MF: 50/50
$45 per point. ($6,750)
Submitted 7/23/12, Passed 8/21/12

Congrats! If those 2012 points aren't banked yet, you might want the seller do it for you. Banking window closes at the end of the month, you may not be closed and set up with accounts to bank them yourself before month's end.

Hi! New here..We bought our first DVC in March-240 pnts at AKV and had our first trip in July. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa with a safari view and fell in love!! I only purchased enough points to go every other year and of course I am addicted so I started trolling here and decided to purchase a resale DVC. I am **patiently** awaiting to hear if we made it past ROFR. Here are the details:

220 pts at Vero Beach $43 Oct use year, seller pays annual fees, buyer pays closing costs.

Offer made & accepted 8/9
Went to ROFR 8/14

I am hoping to hear something this week!:cheer2:

A They get 30 days or until close.

B But how can you close without a letter waiving ROFR?

This is what I was wondering too. I just went through ROFR and in the process of closing. So if A is true then it means that Disney can still take my contract before I close? And how can we close without B?

What do the experts have to say? I'm new to DVC but this doesn't seem quite right.

But how can you close without a letter waiving ROFR?

I looked it up again in the POS and it's a little more gray than I thought. It states that you must give them 30 days. What it doesn't state is that they automatically waive after that time if you don't hear anything. I also don't find anything that states you have to have a letter although that seems to be the process. But by stating that it only requires 30 days to decide on its right of first refusal it seems to imply that once that minimum is met you could continue with the process.

This is what I was wondering too. I just went through ROFR and in the process of closing. So if A is true then it means that Disney can still take my contract before I close? And how can we close without B?

What do the experts have to say? I'm new to DVC but this doesn't seem quite right.

I'm guessing that if you're closing they've waived ROFR? At least I haven't heard of any brokers testing this. If so none of this is applicable and is just about the situations where they haven't notified of a waiver.

I'm guessing that if you're closing they've waived ROFR? At least I haven't heard of any brokers testing this. If so none of this is applicable and is just about the situations where they haven't notified of a waiver.

I'm not asking if Disney can ROFR my contract. My contract passed ROFR hence why we are closing. What I was questioning was your statement that they have 30 days or until close. I've asked the title company and they said that, on any contract, they cannot begin closing procedures until they have a waiver of ROFR. So going by your statement - Disney has until infinity to make their ROFR decision. It just doesn't make sense.
I understand that if Disney doesn't make a decision at 30 days it isn't an automatic pass. But there should be a concrete length of time for the decision making.

Congrats! If those 2012 points aren't banked yet, you might want the seller do it for you. Banking window closes at the end of the month, you may not be closed and set up with accounts to bank them yourself before month's end.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep my eye on this. All paperwork/money was submitted last week. Hopefully everything will be through before the end of Sept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!