Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks stinks...Are you going to stick with OKW? They seem to really want those back right now. Good luck hunting another contractpixiedust:

It really stinks. In Disney's view, we would have gotten two free vacations out of this, since the '11 points were banked and available and the '12 points were available for use. The seller paid MF up front and we weren't paying CC. Coupled with the fact that they have been grabbing OKW contracts like crazy and our per point offer was right at the threshold, the scales were not in our favor.

The main reason I like OKW is that every other year I'd like to try and book the 3BR villa, and I am not sure how quickly those are taken by home resort owners. I'd buy somewhere else, but I'm worried that there would be no availability 7 months out.

t0r0 said:
t0r0 said:
Hello everyone, long time 'lurker' here reporting in

Sent to ROFR today (8/7/12):

150 OKW Feb UY, 140 banked '11 pts, 150 '12 pts, all pts going forward. $55/pt, seller pays MF + CC. Fidelity.

Got the bad news today. We were ROFR'd (8/17) :sad1:

Dang, sorry to hear it. I thought yours would be just above the threshold, since you "only" had (almost) two years banked and $55 is the upper threshold of where Disney has been ROFRing. I wonder if its driven by particularly high demand for OKW direct (vis a vis SSR or VWL or BWV or AKL, all of which have cleared ROFR at similar price levels). Or a desire to convert OKW over to the later end date over time. Or what?

Good luck on getting the next contract. If they're ROFR'ing contracts at that level, it seems pointless to keep doing their work for them. Too bad they don't reward the buyer's who find them such great deals. :rotfl2:

It really stinks. In Disney's view, we would have gotten two free vacations out of this, since the '11 points were banked and available and the '12 points were available for use. The seller paid MF up front and we weren't paying CC. Coupled with the fact that they have been grabbing OKW contracts like crazy and our per point offer was right at the threshold, the scales were not in our favor.

The main reason I like OKW is that every other year I'd like to try and book the 3BR villa, and I am not sure how quickly those are taken by home resort owners. I'd buy somewhere else, but I'm worried that there would be no availability 7 months out.

I had a contract that was almost exactly like yours get taken back by Disney a couple of weeks ago. It too was a Feb. use year....perhaps that use year is a desirable one right now. My March one passed but I also paid $5 more /point for the contract. We are talking about a 1100.00 difference between the two contracts. Maybe Disney thought I should have paid 1.1k more or they really want Feb. use years:) GL with your next endeavor!!

t0r0 said:

Oh I'm so sorry! My contract was submitted to Disney the same day as yours was so I guess I should be thankful...no news is good news. Hang in there...don't give up!

In the waiting game now....popcorn::

Submitted to ROFR on 8/14

SSR, 120 pts (Sept UY), $57/pt, buyer pays closing, no mf

I am excited!! This will be our 1st DVC venture, and I am sure we will get hit with "addonitus". There were better deals out there for higher point pkgs, but for a small pkg like this, I think I did well considering they are going very fast and for asking price usually in the $60s/pt.

Here's wishing everyone who is waiting with me, for some pixie dust!

I am excited!! This will be our 1st DVC venture, and I am sure we will get hit with "addonitus". There were better deals out there for higher point pkgs, but for a small pkg like this, I think I did well considering they are going very fast and for asking price usually in the $60s/pt.

This looks like a great deal! Good luck!!

Nice one, congratulations.

150 OKW Feb UY, 140 banked '11 pts, 150 '12 pts, all pts going forward. $55/pt, seller pays MF + CC. Fidelity.

Bummer about that.

Disney is still managing to sell over 6,000 points a month at OKW, so those points need to come from somewhere.

Good Luck.. Our VWL contract was sent for ROFR almost 3 weeks ago so we are still waiting too. This is also our first venture with DVC and I feel like we should have done it a long time ago. Better late than never, right? I am already talking about adding on points so I guess I already have addonitis!!!! LOL! Here's hoping we all have some pixie dust thrown our way !!pixiedust:

Now that I've received my member # and have logged into the DVC member site I feel comfortable posting this.

6/4 Offer submitted
6/5 Offer accepted and sent to Disney for ROFR
7/3 Passed ROFR
7/11 Received closing docs
8/8 Closed
8/14 Received notification of tranfer of ownership
8/18 Received DVC Member # and Deed/Title Policy in the mail

230 OKW Feb UY 230 2012, 230 2013, 230 2014 $50/pt Buyer pays closing, split MF.

Now I'm ready to start the planning :yay:!

Now that I've received my member # and have logged into the DVC member site I feel comfortable posting this.

6/4 Offer submitted
7/3 Passed ROFR
8/8 Closed

230 OKW Feb UY 230 2012, 230 2013, 230 2014 $50/pt Buyer pays closing, split MF.

Waht a great deal. Especially in leiu of what has been snatched up lately.

I certainly understand the superstition of waiting until everything was done to post.

I may or may not be doing the same thing. :rolleyes:

Addonitis has hit me again! I saw a VGC contract that I couldn't resist. It went off for ROFR today:
VGC, 135 pts, March UY, all 2012 pts, 14 banked 2011 pts, $97, buyer pays closing and 2012 mfs.

In looking through what has passed in this thread, I thought about offering less, but since I haven't seen a March UY on any of the sites for over a year, I didn't want to take a chance. At least I know there's very little chance of getting ROFR'd.

Meghan

gladdiola said:

Agree with poolrat... That's a killer deal!

That one had ROFR written all over it!

6/4 Offer submitted
7/3 Passed ROFR
8/8 Closed

50pp, nice getting that throughpirate:

Thanks poolrat, belias21 & fmer55! Feel lucky, it's my first DVC purchase, and hopefully my last. I consider it quite a deal compared to what I paid to visit WDW this past spring break. My kiddos are super happy we'll be returning in the not too distant future :thumbsup2

6/4 Offer submitted
7/3 Passed ROFR
8/8 Closed

What a great deal, congrats and welcome home!

That sucks, it really was a great deal. I'm sure Disney really wanted all those points, but whenever you have the seller paying closing costs, Disney REALLY seems to want it, b/c not only are they getting cheap points, but they don't have to bother with other costs...:headache:

That sucks, it really was a great deal. I'm sure Disney really wanted all those points, but whenever you have the seller paying closing costs, Disney REALLY seems to want it, b/c not only are they getting cheap points, but they don't have to bother with other costs...:headache:

I would think those other costs are so nominal to Disney that they do not make or break their decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter