Anyone know what they are building..

KNWVIKING

DIS Veteran
On Buena Vista Drive, just above the last hotel ? It's a fairly large building with a unique shape.

ok...can you give us a little more help than that. Is it north, south...what are the crossroads?

If it is near I-4 it is the Buena Vista Golf Resort. There is an addition going up by Hotel Plaza Blvd. They are still working on Saratoga Springs Resort (old Institute). That is the only construction that I know of on BVD.

If you are on hotel road,heading towards DTD,turn right just after Grovsnors,go past that last hotel on your right- can't think of the name of it- then go approx 1/4- 1/2 mile and it's on the right. It doesn't look big enough to be another hotel, it's too far away from hotel to believe it's an addition to it, and I doubt it's part of Sarasota because it's across the street. After thinking about the design I'm wondering if it is a Ready Creek property,maybe an additional fire and rescue station.

Interesting...I will go drive by it tom. and see what I can find out. And you are talking about past the pink Wyndham hotel right? Oh and it is Reedy not Ready.

Don't recall the color, but it's the only one not on hotel row. Construction has to have been going on for quite awhile as the exterior block work appears nearly complete.

No not yet...still diggin for you...I will post a pict of the site in a couple of days for you though.

I was told that Disney is building at this site, what is going to be a Sub-Station for the Orange County Sheriff Dept.

Seems like a large building for just a sheriff sub station. Maybe fire and rescue are going in also.

Yes I happened to drive by that this week while I was there, and it looked like two huge stone block buildings that together made a cut-out of the bottom half of a circle. It didn't look like an addition to Wyndham Palace, and was kind of off by itself. Kind of a futuristic look for a sheriff's station or something, although that's all the rage right now to make fire and police buildings be works of art, so who knows. If that's really going to be the building and not just a sculpture or entryway, I noticed there didn't seem to be any window openings at all- just solid stone. Kinda weird. A new sales office for DVC, since they are constructing the new Saratoga Springs right across the street, perhaps?

Ok, sorry it took a little bit, but here is what it is. The Project you are refering to is going to be a new Orange/Reedy Creek Fire Station, Sherif Department, and Emergency Rescue Building. On the north side is the fire engine bay, and the rest of the structure I could find out what it is for. The funny part is there is a sherif office right behind it. It is kind of ironic too that it is so close to PI. Well here are some pictures for you guys too.

rescue1.jpg

rescue2.jpg

... I was hoping for something a little more exciting then a policy/fire/rescue station but I kind of figured this is what it was going to be.

Man you are quick to respond. Ok....here we go. It is going to be Disney's Rescue Worker for the day. They will let the kids drive the fire trucks, lock their parents up, and play with the fire hoses...Does that sound better?

Sounds better then the donald boat over in toontown.

Yeah, I can be quick to respond...when I'm at work. I run multiple sessions and always keep a few dis boards open thru the day.

Sounds like me, I run 8 tabs in my browser. I have never been to Donald Duck's boat yet...guess it is time to stop by.

Oooh, what's going to be the age cutoff for doing this? I'm only 34 and a half, can I lock my parents up too? Is there a height requirement?

Yeah...they tore the height sign from test track. So about 40 inches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter