Anyone know what is going on Sept 10 to increase crowds?

Excuse me for the dumb question, but how can one see a crown calendar, I have never seen one?

Aren't the crowd numbers typically higher on Thursdays for MK? During slower times, isn't EMH usually on Thursday evening?? I know when we were going at the end of April and early May, the numbers were higher for MK on Sundays and Thursdays.

I'll be there 9/8-9/12 luckily my TA will get up and make my adr's on Wednesday. Don't care about crowds, heat or rain. I'll be at Disney yahooooo!!!!!!!!

We get in on the 6th of september and I was wondering the same thing-
about the 10th. I get to call on Monday, so hopefully there is adrs left for us-
I wanted to leave late on the 12th, but my PITA DH wants to leave at noon- so you know magical express will tell us we have to leave at 8am-
UGH!
I wish it was not so much money to change flights!
Darn him!lol!
I just hope that it is not so busy- this will be our last trip for at least 2 years and I want to maximize it, plus my son starts preschool the following week, so this is his last horrah, lol!

I'm weird. I can't set my alarm for a time that ends in 0 or 5. When I had a much shorter commute, I used to get up every day at 6:08.

I'm going 9/7-9/14, and I just had to comment because I am the exact same way!!! Now my alarm clock is my kids, but back when I set one, it was always for 6:52. That was the right time to get up, at least in my mind!!

On the crowd calendar, it's had those same exact crowd numbers since like November of last year (when I first started looking). I'm not putting too much faith into that day being so much worse, since I don't think it's tied into anything specific. Though I would think MK might be crowded that day since it's open til 10, has Spectro, and closes early the following night for MNSSHP.

Well, now I am re-thinking our plans... I originally have Discovery cove booked for Labour Day Monday...but now I am wondering if I should switch it to the 10th if crowds are expected to be really high? What do you think will be busier? the 10th or Labour day?

We will be coming in the following week 11th thru 20th, a week earlier than we had planned. Where can I find the crowd calender that you are all talking about? I would love to see what they are saying about our week.

I was looking over the crowd calendar and the days during that week seems to higher on the days that Spectromagic then the days without SMagic. Basing smagic days off the TA sept calendar since they are not listed on disneyworld.com yet. :-) But in my op Smagic days are not crowded during that time of Sept. The only crowds in Sept are for food. popcorn:: :goodvibes

We will be coming in the following week 11th thru 20th, a week earlier than we had planned. Where can I find the crowd calender that you are all talking about? I would love to see what they are saying about our week.

You can find crowd calanders at touringplans.com or tour guide mikes. They offer these crowd calanders for a fee.

The crowd calendar is at www.touringplans.com

You will need to pay to get the crowd calendar or buy the Unoffical Guide to WDW or borrow it from the library. You can also just wait til August to view Septembers calendar for free. Once you log in and answer the questions you can see the full calendar.

For the crowd calendar you can see for free the next 30 days. So if you don't want to pay just check your dates when they are 30 days from the last day of your trip. But I don't think Disney is going to be that busy I think they will adjust the calendar in the weeks or months to come. I just checked my dates 9/9-9/13 and there is still availability at all the resorts (I check the most popular ones, CR, Poly, WL, Pop, CSR, and POR) all have availabilty in standard and preferred views. I think Disney has MK being busy on that Thursday because of NOJ people coming in that want to hit MK before NOJ begins on Friday. I read somewhere that they get over 350,000 between the 2 nights. While at DHS last year during the day we saw alot of charter buses arriving. This year we aren't going to MNSSHP this year, just didn't care for it last year, didn't think it was worth the money anymore. We are thinking of doing MK that day and then having dinner at Ohana after 7.

I know I have read on here that for ADRs that not all the tables are released the first day of the 90 days out. I think this is true even that it was true when you could book 180 days out. Last year I called in August for Saturday after Labor Day ADRs to Chef Mickey table of 5 (changed to table of six 3 days before we left with no problems). We got CH at 9:30 (seems like that would have been a pretty busy time). We only waited about 5 mins for our table.

I have an unOfficial guide from a couple of years ago but my friend is reading it & things have changes anyway so I guess I should go buy a new one. :idea: It will give me something to do for the next three months. :rolleyes1

Which crowd predictor site are you seeing this at. I've been trying to patiently wait for them to post at TGMs, but I'm going a little nuts waiting because I need to make ADRs Monday. If you say that is where you are seeing it, then I'm doing something wrong - maybe you can point me to the right page.

They are posted on TGM but not in the normal spot. Calendar Clipboard still has the links to 2008 however Mike has been posting in the Sept Vacation Club with his progress. I haven't checked it yet today. Last night when I checked he had all the dates ranked but had not yet finished all the comments as to why.

I don't think that 9-10 will be as busy as they think because unoffical it is a Fanstamic day.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter