Anyone know what is going on Sept 10 to increase crowds?

sohappy

DIS Veteran
I am looking at crowd calendar and the 10th has an unusually high prediction- like almost double any other day that week and higher than labor day even. Is this a mistake or is something going on that I don't know about?

The Nights of Joy are scheduled in the HS for 9/11 & 9/12. Most participants and ticket holders will probably arrive by the 10th. Though this may affect the crowds, I doubt it's the only reason.

MNSSHP is on Sept. 11 - that might add to the increase along with the Nights of Joy.

But wouldn't those days be busy too? Thursday is really high, but Friday and Saturday are back to normal.

Which crowd predictor site are you seeing this at. I've been trying to patiently wait for them to post at TGMs, but I'm going a little nuts waiting because I need to make ADRs Monday. If you say that is where you are seeing it, then I'm doing something wrong - maybe you can point me to the right page.

This is interesting to me...As I will be in the World during this time. It seems like it would be busier during Labor day, too...but it has a lower crowd score for now.

I am looking at touringplans.com.

Maybe it is Night(s) of Joy? And it is one of the only MNSSHP days, if you are coming to town for Night of Joy ... I will be there Sept 5 - 13 and have no MNSSHP to attend because the only one is scheduled at the same time as Night of Joy. Bummer!

anyone else have any ideas on this?

I am looking at touring plans. Monday is labor day, Friday is MNSSHP and NOJ and Saturday is NOJ. The busiest day on the chart (by far) is Thursday- so random.

Maroo- we will be there the same time 5-12th for us. We are going to MNSSHP on Friday.

I am looking at touring plans. Monday is labor day, Friday is MNSSHP and NOJ and Saturday is NOJ. The busiest day on the chart (by far) is Thursday- so random.

Maroo- we will be there the same time 5-12th for us. We are going to MNSSHP on Friday.

Cool!!!! :) I just love the DIS! So many people planning! I think Sept will be a great time to go! I actually check in very late on the 4th, so I get to call for ADR's tomorrow. I am excited. Which is crazy, because I have to wake up early on a Saturday to call. :rolleyes:

Cool!!!! :) I just love the DIS! So many people planning! I think Sept will be a great time to go! I actually check in very late on the 4th, so I get to call for ADR's tomorrow. I am excited. Which is crazy, because I have to wake up early on a Saturday to call. :rolleyes:

We'll be there that week too :cool1:, though checking in late on the 5th. I thought the same thing - getting up that early on a Sunday isn't usual for me, but I'll be up by 6:50, ready to go - I'm hoping others will sleep in :)

I noticed the exact same thing too --- Thursday is the only "busy" day predicted, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I'll be calling on Sunday morning too! It's actually sleeping in for me, since I usually get up at 5:12 during the week :rotfl:

I hope I get everything I want, because I don't really have too many back-ups.

I noticed the exact same thing too --- Thursday is the only "busy" day predicted, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I'll be calling on Sunday morning too! It's actually sleeping in for me, since I usually get up at 5:12 during the week :rotfl:

I hope I get everything I want, because I don't really have too many back-ups.

We'll have to post Sunday morning as we get our ADRs! OT - I see you're from Jeannette - I'm from Pittsburgh, but went to college at St. Vincent - drove through Jeannette many times on my way back and forth....

Congrats on your wedding!

II'll be calling on Sunday morning too! It's actually sleeping in for me, since I usually get up at 5:12 during the week :rotfl:

:lmao:

5:12

You would not want to get up at 5? Or 5:15?

This cracked me up. :rotfl:

Sunday morning would be better for me to call, because I would be up. Saturday is my only morning to sleep. But I really want CP early one morning...so I will need to get UP in the morning if I expect to get that!

But I really want CP early one morning...so I will need to get UP in the morning if I expect to get that!

Me too! Hoping for CP on Monday morning, the 7th - but since this is Labor Day, I'm wondering if I'll get it...

Me too! Hoping for CP on Monday morning, the 7th - but since this is Labor Day, I'm wondering if I'll get it...

I am trying for that CP time too (8:05)!! If you see two boys wearing lumpy shirts (the heffalump) say hi!

I'm going the day before you guys (4-13). I get to wake up early tomorrow. Want CRT on Friday and Cali Grill on Labor Day (hoping).

I am trying for that CP time too (8:05)!! If you see two boys wearing lumpy shirts (the heffalump) say hi!

I will - we have three boys, and I plan to have my LGMHs on our backpack! Hope we both get it :thumbsup2

We'll have to post Sunday morning as we get our ADRs! OT - I see you're from Jeannette - I'm from Pittsburgh, but went to college at St. Vincent - drove through Jeannette many times on my way back and forth....

I had two really good friends that went to St. Vincent so I have been on that campus many times. I actually even worked there one summer while I was home for the summer. Way too many monks around for me! It's probably the only place I've even ever seen a monk.

5:12

You would not want to get up at 5? Or 5:15?

This cracked me up.

I'm weird. I can't set my alarm for a time that ends in 0 or 5. When I had a much shorter commute, I used to get up every day at 6:08.

Is touring plans even updated for Sept yet? I noticed the numbers for the days is the same as it was before the hours came out.

Because I am thinking maybe that its still based on last years info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter