Anyone know the rule for concierge deposits?

princessmommyx3

DIS Veteran
I know that concierge deposits are nonrefundable, but I am pretty sure you can transfer it to another cruise (still concierge) if you need to change dates. Does anyone know if this is true, and if so, is there a limit to the number of times you can move it?

Thanks in advance!

Yes it is transferable. They may tell you one transfer. However, on a case by case basis, others have been successful transferring more than once.
Make sure you move it before 120 days out, the PIF date generally.

And correct, once DCL has your CL deposit, you will never see it again. lol
You can downgrade to a non CL cabin if needed fwiw, but you still will never see the deposit again.

HTH

I know that concierge deposits are nonrefundable, but I am pretty sure you can transfer it to another cruise (still concierge) if you need to change dates. Does anyone know if this is true, and if so, is there a limit to the number of times you can move it? Thanks in advance!

I switched my category to non concierge so you dint have to stay at concierge level.

I made the switch to non concierge as well. It was hard as concierge is very nice and great to be spoiled. It is a one week on the Fantasy and I could not see spending that much. I would do concierge again for the shorter cruises.

I switched my category to non concierge so you dint have to stay at concierge level.

No, you don't have to stay at concierge level, but once you book concierge the deposit becomes non-refundable even if you downgrade to non-concierge level.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

Thanks for all of your helpful replies. We know we want CL for sure but my main concern is being able to switch dates (before PIF of course) if needed due to work schedules and would love it if we were not limited to only 1 switch.

Thanks for all of your helpful replies. We know we want CL for sure but my main concern is being able to switch dates (before PIF of course) if needed due to work schedules and would love it if we were not limited to only 1 switch.

If you have to switch, hope you can still go Concierge. It's the Best (JMO). ::yes::

Thanks for all of the information provided on this subject! I am considering booking a 2015 spring break cruise when they come out (and it would be concierge) but aren't sure that we want to cruise that specific time. It's nice to know that I can move the date without losing the deposit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter