Anyone know the benefits of DSNY Visa?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by bernee, Jun 13, 2004.

1. bernee

bernee Mouseketeer

Hi All,

I went ahead an got a Disney Visa because I could get a $50 room credit if I used it to book my November cruise. Does anyone know of any other benefits you get? Just curious, as I already have a card that gives me miles, but if this one is better I will use it instead.

Thanks,
    Renee

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kshabare

kshabare Forced to Work to Pay the Mortgage!! but ocassion

Have a very good friend who used this card for EVERYTHING. They put on anything they could just pay off when the bill came in and in a year have earned around $300.00. They really liked the card - they'll be reaping the benefits on the August trip to WDW. I'm still torn in my decision too though.

Kim

4. WDWLVR

WDWLVR <font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f

We replaced our old Visa with the Disney one and use it for just about everything. We pay off the bill each month. When we went to Disney in May we have $100 on our reward card that we put towards our room. Payed for a nice dinner at Yachtsman's Steakhouse for us.

5. eye R.N.

eye R.N. <font color=660000>Many TF's like pins ;-)</font><

on the cruise. But be careful, you have to pay the non cruise related balance in full every month in order to keep the cruise part interest free.

You are also earining disney reward dollars. When you activiate them you get something that looks like a charge card. I am putting my reward dollars directly to our room bill. Yes I will enjoy the extra conch coolers.

6. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

This is the only card I use. You get at least 1% of your purchases in Disney bonus dollars. Sometimes they do as much as 3% of Disney purchases. We let the bonuses accumulate and use them on the cruise! In addition, you can get $50 credits on ships, different monthly offers, discounts at the Disney store (occasionally), special pins you can purchase, etc.

SInce I pay off the card every month, I really don't worry about interest rates, etc. so I can't address that.

7. ncmouselover

ncmouselover Earning My Ears

I used my Disney card to book two rooms and got $50 per room. The cost of the trip was put on the card getting me another 44 dollars. I also received an offer from them for another family member to have one. I signed my husband up and he got 50 Disney dollars for using his card for the first time. Including the onboard credits and charges we have about $300 dollars already and we still have until we leave in October to earn. I pay my balances every month and 1/6 of the cruise cost to take advantage of the 0%. Money for buying things I would buy anyway.

8. SweetSpot

SweetSpot DIS Veteran

The points really do add up especially if you do use the card for everything. I even use it for groceries and to pay any bill that allows me to use a credit card as payment such as you cable bill, car insurance, etc. Not only do you add up points you save on postage and only need to write one check. Just make sure you pay it in full every month.