anyone know about new movies etc.?

auntrenae

Dis Veteran and CM
Hi Dis'ers!
I finally got on here and I have a few questions for you.
Does anyone know if there is a new movie coming out that might be 'premiering' on the Magic while we will be on?
Next question, Does anyone know if there are new classes being taught this time around ( since last May?)
Last question, Is there any chance that the comedian/guitar player is performing this time? I can't remember his name, but he does this bit where he sounds like Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass that's a hoot!
Thanks for your help,
Renae aka auntrenae aka wife to Walt Jr.

Not sure about any new movies premiering on your cruise. If there is a family-oriented film being released by any of the production companies owned by the Walt Disney Company then they will release the movie on the ship the same day that it is released on land. Usually they make a big to-do about this and have some activities planned around it. For example, when they released Treasure Planet in November they had the entertainment cast dressed up as pirates and running around the Walt Disney Theater "terrorizing" the guests! Much fun! :D Check out Boxofficemojo.com for release information on your specific cruise.

As for any new classes, I'm not sure.

I think you're speaking of Dan Riley as the comedian/guitar player. He was on our Magic cruise in August. You could probably call DCL and they may be able to tell you if he will be entertaining or not.

Hi,
On our first cruise they had the premier of 'Remember the Titans' and it was great! They did the red carpet for us and had cast members acting like fans. It sounds like Treasure Planet was even better. Too bad we're too late for Pirates of the Caribbean...
I will call DCL and see if there is a premier coiming out the week of Oct. 11th just in case. We'll have our 21 year old son with us and he'd get a kick out of it.
As for the comedian from our last cruise, it was John Charles. I got out my scrapbook from last year and looked him up. He does a lot of touring and is one of my all time favorites. If we never get to see him again, I'm glad I got him on video when we did get to see him.
Thanks for the info!
Renae:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter