anyone KEEP free dining over the 4/3 deal?

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by cab0ad, Oct 1, 2009.

1. cab0ad

cab0ad DIS Veteran

Free dining in December (17-26) at AS Music was still about $350 cheaper than a 4/3 stay at a moderate for staying only 7 nights! :eek: Who'd have thunk it? I'm glad so many people got the 4/3 or 5/2 but we're still celebrating our free dining at ASMU with the free upgrade to regular dining pin!:banana:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Tinkermom76

Tinkermom76 Gawrsh

I kept my 6 nights at the CR with free dining.. I would have had to add a day and change my flights which is too much hassle since my trip is paid for already.. plus I'm happy with what I have it is my dream trip so why mess with it

Here's hoping for a free dining bounceback :banana:

4. plutosgirl

plutosgirl DIS Veteran

Just booked our trip a few minutes ago...couldn't pass up the deal!

We booked Dec 12-16 with free dining at the ASM (preferred room) and even took the insurance and park hopper passes for 5 days and it was only $1370 for the three of us!:thumbsup2. Hotel, tickets & food for 5 days for three people...you can't beat that!!

The 3/4 deal would have cost us a ton of money in food for the 7 days! lol

Have a great trip!!;)

5. aka-mad4themouse

aka-mad4themouse <font color="blue">Budget Board Co-Host</font>

No availabilty for my resort & dates under the 4/3 plan. We'll stick with the discount that we currently have.

6. FINFAN

FINFAN Mom to Tinkbell

well, we dropped FD and did not book 4/7...we stayed with the room only 40% discount. Over the Christmas rack rate and our eating style, it is the best deal for us. We also need the flexibility of the 6 day cancellation policy...so package deals are pretty much not an option for us right now. Any CM I have talked to is shocled that we cancelled FD, and do not want 4/7...until I tell them our code is good thru 12/31/09!:cool1:...and that we have a 3rd adult fee..and a kid who lives on chicken strips and hot dogs ( now icky-low wnd not full beef hot dogs at WDW :rolleyes:)SO payinf for DP in the room rate for him is a waste. Everyone's caseis different, have to do what worls best ...but it's really cool that there are som many d:thumbsup2iscounts to choose from, huh?

7. clanmcculloch

clanmcculloch DIS Veteran

I have 12 nights of free dining 12/17-12/29. The 4/3 deal would have required me to shorten my trip to 7 nights or pay rack rate with no promotion for 12/25-12/29. 12/17-12-24 with the 4/3 deal with QSDP would have cost me almost as much as what I'm paying for my current 12 nights. It just isn't as good of a deal for my family.

I'm glad that it's a good deal for some people. It didn't work for us.

Now come on DLR deals for 2010!

8. Mom loves Disney

Mom loves Disney DIS Veteran

We are keeping free dining. It was a far better deal than the 4/3 deal for us.

9. Mom loves Disney

Mom loves Disney DIS Veteran

double post

10. princessmom29

princessmom29 DIS Veteran

It was $50 cheaper to keep free dining than to book 4/3 for us. We are 2a 1c CSR Nov 25th- Dec 2. I had 2 different CM's price it out for me.

11. ToyStory

ToyStory DIS Veteran

I kept free dining with our pin#. We are only staying for six nights so the 4/7deal wouldn't work out for us. Our total package price with FD is $2084.54 (2 adults, kids 12 & 6 with a 6 day base), with the 4/7 (Nov/Dec pkg with dining) would be $2458.64.

My mom's reservation I originally booked her room with our reservation for FD and her cost was $1399.53. However when the Oct/Dec package came out I got it reduce to $1244.62. I checked to see what the 4/6 (Nov/Dec pkg with dining) cost would be and it is $1246.94.

Originally we were planning on staying for seven nights, but the flight home the day after Thanksgiving was too expensive. We got a great flight home in the evening on Thanksgiving for $69.00. We get to spend a half a day in the parks and have our Thanksgiving meal.

12. tiggeraholic

tiggeraholic Mouseketeer

We are also going 12/17 to 12/26 and staying at Coronado Springs Resort. We originally were going 12/19 to 12/26 with the 40% off code. Then I received a free dining pin and we added two days and it was still $100 less. We are saving $1440 with free dining. The new codes wouldn't work for us.

13. mousefan1972

mousefan1972 DIS Veteran

We are also going Dec. 17-26 and are using a 40% off AP PIN code for the Polynesian Club Level (passholder + dine package). I checked both free dining and buy 4 get 3 free, and the 40% off beats them both by a lot. We'd have to pay rack rate for free dining (ouch!) and since we are staying 9 nights, the buy 4 get 3 free wasn't that great, either. Also both of those deals require a ticket purchase, which we don't need. So, I'll happily keep what we have. Good luck to everyone w/finding a great deal! :goodvibes

14. Nermel9

Nermel9 DIS Veteran

As of now, I'm keeping my free dining for November. But I'm really tempted to drop it and upgrade to a deluxe resort! I just don't like the thought of paying for all that food! :rotfl:

15. party-of-five

party-of-five Mouseketeer

We kept our free dining offer for our GG at CSR for Dec. 1- Dec. 5. Too much money to change the flights. Plus, I don't know if my DH could stand to be that close to my family for the extra couple of days! :rotfl2:

16. tiellady

tiellady Mouseketeer

We kept the free dining...
    Pop preferred room 7 nights, upgraded to regular dining plan, 6 day base tkts...2 adults, two kids (7 and 5)
    TTL: $2005.51

17. minniemeplus3

minniemeplus3 Earning My Ears

We kept the free dining. We have 4 adults and 2 kids (disney adults). We are staying Nov 22-29 at FW cabins. Dining would cost us $1640. We would only save about $1000 with the 4/3. Not enough to purchase the dining plan.

18. sheltonsluvdisney

sheltonsluvdisney Earning My Ears

We are keeping the free dining. We have a PIN for the regular dining plan and will be at the Pop Dec 10-20. I compared lots of different rates and this works out the best for us this time, especially with a longer stay. The cost for our family of three is $1929. The 5/2 deal plus dining would be $1944, or upgrading to a moderate for the 4/3 deal plus dining would run $2142. (The moderate rate for 7 nights with free dining is still better than 4/3 at $2037). We travel with family and have lots of character meals. We look forward to the meal times almost as much as the attractions. We can stay longer, pay less and eat well.

That's not to say anything bad against the 4/3 deal. It is a great savings at the deluxe level. We tried it last May and stayed at the Contemporary. It allowed us to be able to upgrade to somewhere that we had always wanted to stay and we had an awesome trip.

19. PA Princess

PA Princess DIS Veteran

Nice to know we are not alone in finding the FD to be the best deal. We are traveling 12/27-12/28 staying in POFQ in two rooms with 3 adults, 2 Disney kid/adults, and 2 kids.

I ran the numbers with the 4/3 deal at various resorts for different dates, but the FD is the best deal for our family.

20. jonw

jonw Mouseketeer

POR, 11/18-11/26, 2A 3C (14,9,7)
    FD was quite a bit better for us

21. guelde96

guelde96 Mouseketeer

I may be alone here...but I don't think the 4/3 deal is not that good. I check into the first week of March. When I broke it down for Port Orleans Riverside the cost was $207 a night. Total package for room and tickets for 5 - $2030 That would be the most expensive Disney trip we have taken when you calculate food. We went first week of March 2006, 6 night with dining plan - $2158. September free dining for 10 days - $1900. When you think about it when you have to pay rack rate for the room the deal is not that good. The 3 day free ticket is just a joke... comes to about $30-$40 savings on tickets. Sorry I was just hoping the deal would be a better savings.