Anyone just eat quick service while here?

I agree with the gift card plan. When I took my DS6 for a week in January two years ago, I decided against the free dining & went with a room discount instead. Neither of us are big eaters, and I prefer to drink water with meals. I had a huge amount of DIS rewards points which I put onto a gift card. There was more money than what was due on my room, so I left it on my account and used my room card to charge all our meals. We mostly did QS, but we did a character breakfast & another TS meal while there. It was freeing to not have reservations running our entire schedule or have to pick out a dessert & drink for every QS meal.

Thank you for all your responses! Buying gift cards at Target is a great option that I forgot about and I have the Red card!!:thumbsup2 That may be the way to go for me as DS is picky and likes some more grown up foods like chicken wings and steak and kids meals may not offer them! Thanks again! Each week I should go buy some gift cards and then apply it toward my bill! Then if we decided we want to go someplace to sit down we can fly by the seat of our pants and see what has openings!::yes::

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but with QS dining credits, there is no distinction between kids vs adult meals. You just order what you want. Last year we got just one night of DP (regular) and we used the 3 QS credits on 3 adult meals, just because DS7 wanted a BBQ pork sandwich at Flame Tree rather than any of the other meal options.

This year we're contemplating the QSDP. I've done the math and for what we want to eat, it comes out dead even. I'm leaning towards just getting $440 in Disney Gift Cards with the Target card though, since its a bit more flexible. The convenience is nice of the DP, but then I have to keep track of credits. I just have to remind myself not to "budget" while I'm on my trip and deny myself or my family Mickey bars, etc because its too expensive. I reflexively deny myself 'extras' all the time and hate to do it on vacation, which would be the great part about getting QSDP that it would be completely built in.

While you are right that Disney does not separate your CS credits it is their official policy that if you have a kid on the DDP you must order a kid's meal at those locations that offer one. If they don't offer one, you can order any meal. FYI Be careful about posts going against Disney's official policy. They aren't allowed.

BTW cashiers aren't supposed to allow you to order 3 adult meals at the same time if your KTTW card says 2A1K.

We have done the QSDP and the DDp. At first my DH liked the QSDP a lot. But once we did the DDP he kind of liked that too.

I prefer the DDP. I like TS meals. But with 5 of us considered all adults we only do the DDP if it is free. I would never pay for it. You can eat cheaper OOP very easily.

I prefer the DDp to the QSDP because I am Pescatarian/Vegetarian and I get better food choices at TS meals most of the time.

Most QS places my choices are a bland no dressing type "ceasar" salad or a little dry nasty wanna be Pizza. Both gross.

I have found a few places that have Shrimp or Salmon on the QSDP but there is only a very few.

If you are wanting for it to cost less overall then QSDP is the way to go.

Cheaper overall cost and less money OOP for tips.

While you are right that Disney does not separate your CS credits it is their official policy that if you have a kid on the DDP you must order a kid's meal at those locations that offer one. If they don't offer one, you can order any meal. FYI Be careful about posts going against Disney's official policy. They aren't allowed.

BTW cashiers aren't supposed to allow you to order 3 adult meals at the same time if your KTTW card says 2A1K.
Odd, I read about it here originally, that was the only way I knew about it. :confused3

The cashier didn't say anything about it at the time, but maybe we just got a nice one?

I pretty much stick to QS, but I don't do the QS dining plan, mostly because it doesn't match the way I like to eat. I snack a lot more, and eat far fewer desserts. It's easier and cheaper for me to pay out of pocket.

We have always eaten mainly CS having used QSDP ever year since it was first offered (2009?). I did used to pay for our TS OOP and did as many as 7 per trip on some trips, up until DD turned 10. That was last year's trip. We were there 18 nights and didn't do a single TS and we were more than happy with the variety of options and the food we got during our stay.

when our dd was younger, we did the reg dp so we could do all the character meals, autographs, and great pics but now that she is 12, we all enjoy doing qs cause we are not tied down to ressies but we still always make an adr for a ts on our trips, there are so many great qs restaurants too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter