Anyone in December getting FP+ and MB

So I was able to customize my Magicbands this morning.

The problem is, I'm doing a split stay and the Disney website wants to give me two sets of Magicbands (so four bands for two people), basically a set corresponding to each hotel stay.

Does this mean I have to use two sets of bands or can I just link all the reservations and fastpasses to one set? Either way, it seems like a waste to have two seperate sets of bands for one vacation.

Anyone else experienced this?

Our stay is split three ways so 12 bands - just stock up :)

Staying at OKW 12/3 - did my bands this am, and did FP+ last week. I already have park tickets from a trip in late August.

Does anyone have any experience with FP+ and a child that does not need a park ticket? My daughter will be 2 this trip but tall enough to go on most rides but MDE won't let me add FP+ for her because she does not have/need a tickets. I am thinking they will just waive her through with us but I'd like to have confirmation that that is the case.
Thanks!

Sorry to bring this up again, but I want to absolutely certain I'm not messing up my MB-attached tickets. The issue is that I have extra park tickets already attached to my MB that we will NOT be using this trip (yeah, I now realize I shouldn't have done that, lol).

Can someone confirm that using ONLY your MVMCP tickets to enter MK, you are still allowed to use FP+ from 4-7? And that this will not somehow activate my unused park passes attached to my MB? :confused:

I've heard mixed reviews on this so i'm wondering the same thing.

We have 4 day MYW tickets and are visiting parks 2 days before the party & 2 days after - I don't want to arrive to MK on our last day and find out that we have to buy another ticket because 1 of our MYW 4 day passes was used to enter the park on the night of the party.

Since we aren't going until 12/17, i'll see if anyone reports about it during the parties in November.

So I was able to customize my Magicbands this morning.

The problem is, I'm doing a split stay and the Disney website wants to give me two sets of Magicbands (so four bands for two people), basically a set corresponding to each hotel stay.

Does this mean I have to use two sets of bands or can I just link all the reservations and fastpasses to one set? Either way, it seems like a waste to have two seperate sets of bands for one vacation.

Anyone else experienced this?

Yeah I've got two sets available as well. One on each wrist? :dance3:

Three sets 5 people hoping they don't really send all 15 bands.

They are for me.... I've got four hotels, five different rooms, and I have 5 MBs available for customization! I picked colors since I got the impression they would send me a bunch of grey ones if I didn't. So to keep them straight I "named" them with a hotel and year.... BLT13, OKW13, etc.

They are for me.... I've got four hotels, five different rooms, and I have 5 MBs available for customization! I picked colors since I got the impression they would send me a bunch of grey ones if I didn't. So to keep them straight I "named" them with a hotel and year.... BLT13, OKW13, etc.

Cute idea! Maybe I'll put the year on our bands too. Right now I just have our names.

Does anyone have any experience with FP+ and a child that does not need a park ticket? My daughter will be 2 this trip but tall enough to go on most rides but MDE won't let me add FP+ for her because she does not have/need a tickets. I am thinking they will just waive her through with us but I'd like to have confirmation that that is the case.
Thanks!

The regular fp system lets kiddos under 3 on with adult fp. I assume fp+ will be the same.

I can see all the tickets when I did this. You have to make sure the controlling parent gives you all the permissions and if you are not the controlling parent you might not have access to everything anyway but the tickets should show up. Maybe there is a setting your missing. Also it took a little time for everything to show once I did this. It wasn't instantaneous. Maybe like an hour sometimes.

Are your kids under 13? :confused3

My wifes account doesn't have all the options for our kids as it does for herself. (eg add to family, view all plans). At least no place that she or I can find them. Do you know where to check those boxes, as apparently that might be what i need to do?

When we check the kids friends there is no button to "edit" but just "remove" the the kids friends.

I must be missing something.

One more thing is even if you can't see the tickets you can still book fastpass plus and stuff for them as it will recognize they have a ticket even if it doesn't show. Your wife could see the ticket even if you can't and that's what matters anyway because that's where the kids magic bands is going to link to. They might not let you see it as well because say for example it wasn't your kids but your friends kids you were traveling with another family. Sometimes it is not your family. I can see the tickets on mine for some reason but maybe they haven't come out with this option readily yet as I had IT help when I did it. Sorry it does not solve your issue but I am sure at least linking them will help solve some issues for people who want to book fastpass plus for everyone at one time.

actually i dont really care all that much about seeing their tickets, as long as I know i can book and change their fastpasses then life is good!

Three sets 5 people hoping they don't really send all 15 bands.

the speculation is that once they get all the kinks worked out they will know not to waste their money on shipping multiple bands.

But at this point it's a byproduct of their systems being still only half baked.

With millions of visitors a year, even if the bands cost 1 dollar and they beat up UPS to charge only a dollar to ship, it's still multiple millions a year in savings for them to figure out only to send bands when needed. So I'm sure they will address it at some point.

for anyone at 60+ days that can't get FP+ yet, YOU CAN GET FP+ FASTPICKS on the android app.

(I have annual passes so might be a factor).

I couldn't get the website to do it. But on the android app it will let you do "fastpicks":

main menu- go to my plans.
Use the calendar icon to go to the date you need.
click "add to my plans"
click "select fastpass+ experiences"
click "make your fastpass+ selections"
select party members (I just clicked all party members) then next
now it lists the 4 parks and says "not available, some guest tickets are not applicable").
pick fastpicks instead- follow along and it will give you 3 passes for a park.

You can later change the experiences and times in that park (AGAIN IN THE APP NOT ON THE WEB), but i havne't yet figured out how to change the park.

EDIT- i can't figure out how it decides which parks. It ignores ADR's and if you 'book' entertainment at a park for the day. Seems it really wants me to go to the magic kingdom- lol

for anyone at 60+ days that can't get FP+ yet, YOU CAN GET FP+ FASTPICKS on the android app.

(I have annual passes so might be a factor).

I couldn't get the website to do it. But on the android app it will let you do "fastpicks":

main menu- go to my plans.
Use the calendar icon to go to the date you need.
click "add to my plans"
click "select fastpass+ experiences"
click "make your fastpass+ selections"
select party members (I just clicked all party members) then next
now it lists the 4 parks and says "not available, some guest tickets are not applicable").
pick fastpicks instead- follow along and it will give you 3 passes for a park.

You can later change the experiences and times in that park (AGAIN IN THE APP NOT ON THE WEB), but i havne't yet figured out how to change the park.

EDIT- i can't figure out how it decides which parks. It ignores ADR's and if you 'book' entertainment at a park for the day. Seems it really wants me to go to the magic kingdom- lol

It always wanted me to go to Epcot!!

Cute, but you didn't need to do that. The bands are interchangeable. You could use all or one for all your reservations.

Are your kids under 13? :confused3

My wifes account doesn't have all the options for our kids as it does for herself. (eg add to family, view all plans). At least no place that she or I can find them. Do you know where to check those boxes, as apparently that might be what i need to do?

When we check the kids friends there is no button to "edit" but just "remove" the the kids friends.

I must be missing something.

Go under the Friends and Family list. Have your wife go to your profile under her account and the option should be there.

You do the same. Her profile under your account.

ETA… As long as you two are linked then make the FP+ for you and her, then have her go into her account and copy the reservations to the kids. Or whoever's account the kids are under. ;)

ok - I got something that hopefully wont be too confusing...I have 5 day park tickets, I also have 1 ticket for Mickeys Christmas Party which is on a Tuesday - I'm not using one of my 5 day tickets for the party day. I go into MDE select my fast passes I get my 5 days HOWEVER it is making me choose the Tuesday for 1 of my days for fast pass selections and will not let me choose them on Wednesday which is a day I will be at a park the whole day.
I called a cm and he was very nice and choose my fast passes on Wednesday , they show up on my itinerary. Here is the kicker....when I go into select my fast passes on the days it is still allowing me to choose fast passes for Tuesday...
So all 5 of my days are already chosen for fp - Should I make selections on the Tuesday since I'm able to do so....OR will this mess up one of my days when I'm there????
I asked the cm and he said you only get fp for the # of tickets. I said but it is allowing me another day...what do I do???? :worship:

Is your party ticket linked? That could be why.

I don't know honestly. It might let you, it might let you go through the process then tell you that you can't. That's a good one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter