Anyone in a Premiun site decorated yet?

:thumbsup2 UPDATE!!
We just got back today,
LJ077.jpg

though Wed and Thurs was a bit chilly with lows in the 40's in the morning it warmed up nicely by Fri and Sat. We had great weather for our Thanksgiving trip. :)
The loop 800 is still my favorite and we had no problem putting up our two Mickey blow ups, our Mickey lamp post complete with garland and santa hat, musical tree, candy canes etc. Plenty of room on the sides and most of us used whatever we could stand up on the pavement area as well. Though the preferred loops still have more of an area to stick stuff in the ground, the new Premium sites were just fine. We had the whole back corner of the 800 loop decorated between me, Wilderness Wookie form the board here and his two sites and the other two neighbors that decided to decorate too. It did seem like their were quite a few loops that I would call dark with only one or two sites participating in decorating for Christmas. That was kinda sad. Maybe it's just me as it's been a few years since I camped at FW during the holidays, but it seems like less people this year decorated their sites. However, there were at least four folks that really out did themselves that had sites right on the main road or near Pioneer Hall and I was so happy to see that. :) One of them even had a small walk through area that I of course got off my bike with my lighted Christmas wreath to go check out. :)

Other Disney notes:
The castle was so pretty with all the white iceclicle lights and it changed colors a few times. The monorail resorts weren't as dressed up as I remember in the past. For example the Contemporary didn't have it's green and red lights on the outside nor where their any of the normal push up popsicle shaped christmas trees in the front. They did have a huge gingerbread scene though. The polynesian resort had a couple of little gingerbread themed houses and the grand Floridian had it's gingerbread house where I did purchase a ginger bread cookie, but the giant tree was missing the huge mirriors that they use to put on it as ornaments. Downtown Disney had Santa hidden in between The World of Disney and that bath gift shop, not in the walkway near the carosuel where he's been out in the open for many years. I also didn't see the big Christmas tree that they use to have at Downtown D, maybe I missed it. Oh and by the way I only saw one small dog at DD. It seems to me that Disney may have scaled back this year a bit with there decorations. Then again it's been a couple of years since I have been during the Christmas time so maybe it was just me. All in all it was a magical trip and I am definitly in the Christmas spirit and ready to start celebrating the holidays.

:thumbsup2 UPDATE!!
We just got back today, though Wed and Thurs was a bit chilly with lows in the 40's in the morning it warmed up nicely by Fri and Sat. We had great weather for our Thanksgiving trip. :)
The loop 800 is still my favorite and we had no problem putting up our two Mickey blow ups, our Mickey lamp post complete with garland and santa hat, musical tree, candy canes etc. Plenty of room on the sides and most of us used whatever we could stand up on the pavement area as well. Though the preferred loops still have more of an area to stick stuff in the ground, the new Premium sites were just fine. We had the whole back corner of the 800 loop decorated between me, Wilderness Wookie form the board here and his two sites and the other two neighbors that decided to decorate too. It did seem like their were quite a few loops that I would call dark with only one or two sites participating in decorating for Christmas. That was kinda sad. Maybe it's just me as it's been a few years since I camped at FW during the holidays, but it seems like less people this year decorated their sites. However, there were at least four folks that really out did themselves that had sites right on the main road or near Pioneer Hall and I was so happy to see that. :) One of them even had a small walk through area that I of course got off my bike with my lighted Christmas wreath to go check out. :)

I think it was 733 that was really decorated. We were in the 800 loop this trip and loved it. It's so close to the Meadows and the marina.

We just got back last night. We had a premium site in the 400 loop and we had some blowup decorations (a turkey, Mickey santa and Frosty). We sat the turkey on the concrete as he was pretty stable, and staked Mickey and Frosty on the non-paved area next to our concrete pad. We couldn't have staked down 20-30 of these things, like some people have, but for our few decorations there was no problem. The folks in the site next to us had a few more decorations, and they had them displayed back into the site instead of along the front - there's enough unpaved area that they fit their 7-8 items and there was room for a few more.

Can't wait to see the decorations. We will be there this Friday, 12/5 through 12/16. We have been getting our decorations in order for a week now. We had originally planned this trip as my retirement celebration but the economy will keep me on the job a little longer. We are still going to take the vacation though.
Hope to meet a few of you there next week.

Look for me. I should be in 500 between the 7th and the 14th and will have my Limey Site Sign on display. I should be around quite a bit, particularly after the 10th.

We just got back today also, we were there from Fri. until today in the 400 loop also. No decorations only Mickey ears on a tree. We meet a few dishers, saw a lot of signs, but no one in when we went buy. Sunday's rain sort of put a damper on our plans, we missed the osborne lights at HS. But we did get to see wishers 2x, the castle is so beautiful . We will be back on New Years Weekend, and not going to the parks, so maybe we can meet up with somemore people then.

We just got back today also, we were there from Fri. until today in the 400 loop also. No decorations only Mickey ears on a tree. We meet a few dishers, saw a lot of signs, but no one in when we went buy. Sunday's rain sort of put a damper on our plans, we missed the osborne lights at HS. But we did get to see wishers 2x, the castle is so beautiful . We will be back on New Years Weekend, and not going to the parks, so maybe we can meet up with somemore people then.

That's just sad that their weren't more decorations....what's up with everyone? I thought when I was there last week that their wasn't as many sites decorated from what I remembered a few years ago as well. I didn't get to met any Dis'ers on my trip either except for my neighbor, thank goodness for Wilderness Wookies. :) Maybe next time for me too, though I am kinda shy so I don't seek folks out as much as I should. I am very jealous that you'll be back for New Years. I'm broke from my last stay....have fun!! :thumbsup2

The decorations are growing by the day! Went looping for the 3rd time this evening and there are easily 40-50% more in the last 5 days.

Super display in the 1500 loop along the main road, another in the 100 loop backing up to the Trading Post, one just across from the entrance to the TP/Marina area in the 700 and one more just off the main drag (1000/1100?)

:santa: :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter