Anyone here on/did Medifast?

walkdmc

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I'm on week #6 and really liking the Medifast program. Although I've been exercising for 2 years, I scaled back the intensity since I started MF. I just upped my intensity and added back running and feel great! Anyone on MF care to share their experience?

DH and I signed up for the W&D 1/2 marathon which will be my first. I did the ToT 10-miler last year and plan on being much faster this time around (and enjoying the after-party in Epcot more than the party in DHS). Anyway, if you ran while doing MF, I'd love to hear your experience too!

Thanks!

What is the Medifast diet like? Do you lose a lot of weight on it? How expensive is it? I am just curious about this program, and I looking for honest opinions on it.

Hi!

I just finished week #8 and I'm down 28 pounds in that time. I started at 222.8 and am down to 194.8. I wore a womens size 18 when I started and now wear a 14, not a 14W but a regular 14. I like it a lot and find it very easy to follow. I have befriended several folks on the internet who have lost weight and kept it off with MF.

I pay anywhere between $350-400/month for my food. I eat 5 MF meals/day and one "lean and green". I order my food through a Take Shape For Life health coach and like contacting my coach weekly. However, you can order directly through MF's website.

The information, including MF program guides are all available (for free) online. If you google Medifast 5&1 plan, you'll pull up the MF website and a link to the guide which provides extensive info. I would also check out the Medifast message boards for more information.

Good luck whatever you do.

Hi! Just searching DIS because I can't sleep. I've done MF and lost 33 lbs in 3 mos. at the time I was only walking. I am 5'0" and was 224 am now 191. Was 20W am now normal (as you said not W) size 16. I carry so much of my weight in the middle.

DH and I joined together and did it together. We loved it! With 3 kids $700 got cost prohibitive. We stopped and I began working out but we kept eating lean and green. Snacks are protein bars, shakes and veggies. We use off the shelve protein now and buy in bulk at Sams. $70/mos not $700. Even over a month that I was not exercising because of injury, I lost 1 lb. my Dr said its because my body has learned to use my metabolism properly again.

That said, I re signed up yesterday. Just me not DH. He's super happy and that's great he's 6'1" and while he's lost 30 lbs he's put on 10 in solid muscle.

I want to see more change and I know MF will do that. Ill need to add an extra meal to help with enough calories to sustain my workout but ill drink 1 store bought protein drink post workout to cover that. I'm hoping to keep on it another 2 - 3 mos and lose another 15 - 20 lbs. 15 I will be happy with. I feel good knowing that once off of it, I CAN maintain as I have proven that over the summer. I also use my fitness pal app to log my meals. It helps keep me accountable and make sure I'm eating the right things. I've pretty much go a set menu I eat all day of breakfast -snacks- lunches and dinner is where I get my variation, so it's not that different.

If you dial-down, you'll see you can do it. And kudos for you loss so far- that is awesome!!! I love that you run. I'd love I run but my knees don't agree. PM me we can chat.

Hi CM!

I sent you a PM.

I don't know what made me check this board as I haven't been on in a while, so I was meant to read your response.

Keep up the great work! I also read about a very popular and cheap protein bar and shake at Costco, if you have a membership. I forget the name.

Anyway, I'm down over 50 pounds since starting this thread. I've dropped from a size 18 to a 10 (and some 8's!) and feel like a different person. I've stopped running due to some knee pain and slowed weight loss. I will resume my activities once my knee improves. As a result of these events, I deferred my participation in the 1/2 marathon to 2014.

I look forward to reading about your MF re-start! Good luck!

I started Medifast in May 2013 and lost 35 pounds in 3.5 months. I have been maintaining since September 2013. I love the TSFL program! I still use some of their products like the Cappuccino Burn and Oatmeal. I have totally changed my way of eating and eat so much healthier now. I even lost the weight without spending time in the gym! I feel great and have lots of energy. I am now a size 4-6 and wear Medium shirts. I would encourage anyone looking to lose weight to check out this program. You get a health coach for free which is great and very helpful. I am not a health coach. I found the program through my friends posting on Facebook on how they lost weight using TSFL.

p.s. I just got back from WDW and found many healthy choices available in over-the-counter restaurants. I was able to eat healthy but still indulge in a Dole Whip and some frozen adult beverage without gaining.

I started Medifast about 3 weeks ago and am down 12.8lbs and roughly 2" off each my bust, waist and hips. I'm having an issue with the lack of "real" food but this is more about changing how my mind thinks about food and portions. There was a snafu with my exchange so I will be doing a bit of an alternative the next 2 weeks. Instead of 5 Medifast and 1 lean and green, I will be doing 2 medifast and 3 slightly smaller lean and greens. Hoping this will help with my "real" food issue and I'm curious to see how I do. Great to meet others on this plan!

PS: I am doing the Take Shape for Life route.

I am doing medifast. I started in October and I have lost 30 pounds. I should have lost a lot more by now but as with all diets I have had trouble sticking to it. I am determined to stay completely on plan from here on out. My daughter graduates in June and I would really like to have at least 15 or more pounds off by then.

I have decided to really simplify for a few weeks. I already have been eating the same thing for breakfast every day-- Mixed Berry cereal at 8am and Apple Cin. Oatmeal at 10ish. The rest of the meals have been a hodge podge depending on hunger and time and energy. Sometimes I do my L&G for lunch, sometimes dinner. Sometimes I split it up, some days I do a 4 & 2. I need to just stick to one thing so I have NO room to get off track.

Going to do the Mashed Potatos for lunch (LOVE them!), then a bar for snack around 2ish and some type of MF meal (I need to use up my stock!) when I get home at 4 and then salad with chicken for dinner for my L&G. I am doing too much cheating by trying to eat what my family is having or ordering out at lunch etc.

Would love to have a group of Medifasters here to chat with!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter