Anyone have Ikea appliances?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Jenny3, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Jenny3

Jenny3 DIS Veteran

We are renovating our kitchen this summer and have decided on Ikea cabinets. I'm debating on their appliances. I love the way the look and we would get 20% off their already-pretty-low prices, so that is a factor as well. I know the appliances are made by Whirlpool and come with a 5 year warranty - which is very nice.

Specifically I'm looking at the Framtid slide-in gas range, the Nutid french-door fridge/freezer and the Luftig exhaust hood.

Any reviews from owners would be most helpful! TIA

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. momofEAP

momofEAP Earning My Ears

I can't help you with the appliances but you might check out ikeafans.com. I found it when we re-did our kitchen. We got a couple of the appliances from Ikea (just not the ones that you are looking at) and I have been very happy with them.

4. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 <font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad

we redid the kitchen a couple of years ago...100% Ikea:thumbsup2 good quality,great prices!
    save all your paperwork and receipts,Ikea is a PITA for returns,and we had lot over our reno time...we have a dishwasher and electric range, they work just fine- the clock stopped working on the range last fall, we just called the warrany line,and they sent someone to replace the part for free(5 year warranty) so no complaints!

5. Jenny3

Jenny3 DIS Veteran

That's great to hear! Even if it's not the same appliances, it's good to know you are happy with them. How long have you had them?

6. Judique

Judique Dis Veteran, Beach Lover at BWV, BCV, HHI, VB

I've had the ikea dishwasher, exhaust fan for over the stove (don't remember name) and wall convection oven for almost 4 years. no problems or service calls.

7. momofEAP

momofEAP Earning My Ears

We have an over the range microwave, a gas cook-top and an electric convection oven. We have had them for about 1.5 yrs and haven't had any issues with use.