Anyone have experiences with Skybus Airlines?

pixiedust4five

Mouseketeer
I have found a good price on Skybus direct from Columbus Ohio to Ft.Myers, Florida, going to Sanibel Island for Christmas:cool1: I am in Cincinnati and cheap flights are hard to come by in our region. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them, good and bad. Thanks:flower3:

I have flown skybus from Columbus to Portland and Columbus to LA area and had no problem. Flights left on time and arrived on time, and my luggage got to where it needed to go. I did purchase the food on the LA flight and it was actually pretty good. Just keep in mind the added costs that you need to tack onto your ticket, such as for checked baggage and if you want preferred seating, otherwise their price can't be beat (especially compared to prices out of Cincinnati Airport-those prices really need to come down across the board)

WARNING!

Skybus does NOT fly into RSW which is the MAIN Fort Myers Airport. They fly into Charlotte County Airport

From the airports website I cannot verify that they have things like rental cars etc. so if you need that you might want to check! Skybus is thier only airlline so don't expect a lot of services.
http://www.flypgd.com/index.htm

As stated, make sure you are 100% sure where you are flying into. I'm a skybus fan, I've used them to goto greensboro which was great for me, I have family there :). We arrived early both ways, the planes are very nice. It also had a lot of passengers. The only thing that will bite them in the butt is weather or equipment (Yes I know that's true for all airlines.) Skybus does their daily flights right now with either 5 or 7 planes. If one of them has a issue it's going to cause problems. They are doing well, they are expanding flights, and adding a direct from their NE stop to florida, so that's their first non columbus starting flight. If you can score the cheaper flights it's well worth it IMO, but just remember they are still small, but growing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter