Anyone Have Experience with First Van Lines?

happily single

Left foot first!
I'm looking for a long distance mover in the Chicago area. I received a quote from First Van Lines, but can't seem to find any information at all on them. They seem very pushy and haven't provided any references or physical street address for their business.

Has anyone had any experience with them?

PS This is not First American Van Lines, but simply First Van Lines.

They seem very pushy and haven't provided any references or physical street address for their business.

RUN! Get another mover!
We recently moved to Florida and we checked all different kind of moving companies for about a month. There were two or three companies that wouldn't provide us with a physical address or references- we passed them by. Any legit business will be happy to give you a physical address and references.

We have used in the past- Atlas,Global,Wheaton and North American Van lines. We have been very pleased with every one except North American.

Please don't use any mover that is pushy or won't give you any info.
The traditional movers will:
Provide a quote free of charge
Give you references
Will give you a contract to look over
Will give you a range of dates that he/she can
move you
Will not be pushy
Can furnish a fax number,telephone number and
alternate numbers
Will provide extra labor to move your items
Will offer insurance protection

Good Luck!

Thanks. Actually I just spoke to Ms. pushy and they are in Hollywood, Florida. Hmm, I need a mover in Chicago, but their in Florida??? Further investigation showed nothing with the Better Business Bureau, or despite her claim that they are incorporated nothing with secretary of state. I did question her about being in Florida and she told me she has a warehouse in Chicago. Huh??

Next.....
I did decide to use Paul Arpin, who have been around forever and were reasonably priced.

Thanks

I'm glad you found a mover. When I last moved, I went to imove.com to find movers. I was also able to buy boxes and other moving supplies.

Cheers,

Blair

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter