Anyone have any TOWL lounge access updates?

monorailmom said:
Not sure what the answer is, but I really don't think this is working.

Two issues:

1. Your first "magical" experience isn't workable from Disney's POV. They will not continue to support the lounge if the only business it attracts are a handful of people expecting to share a private moment.

2. One experience isn't exactly the best basis for passing judgement. The only thing we know for certain is that you ran into some bad folks who let their kids run wild. Were they BLT guests? I find it hard to believe that folks lugged toys from another resort to the lounge.

And for that matter, how much of the crowd was non BLT folks?

Most of the reports I've read indicate that crowds haven't increased much, if at all. But no way of knowing what will happen on any given night. It could get crowded even if the audience is entirely BLT guests.

So if you have a car, where do you park?

I'm sure they would let you valet (for a fee) at CR. Other than that it would have to be the Transportation and Ticket Center. BLT doesn't necessarily have adequate self parking for guests plus dozens of non-guests headed to the lounge.

So if you have a car, where do you park?

If you want to drive you will need to park at the MK lot and take the monorail from there. Personally, I would just use Disney transportation. You can walk to the MK when you leave and take the bus back to your resort.

Oh I realize that my previous experiences at TOTWL couldn't possibly be working towards the bottom line! Obviously it needed to be busier than that! I just think that they need consider other things..maybe no strollers inside (not enough room)..more waitstaff..it seemed everyone was waiting a long time for service. Though again, I realize that may be a 45 minute issue surrounding Wishes.

As I said, I don't know what the answer is. We've had rude people sitting next to us on Main St., and there's nothing you can do about that either! But I wouldn't pay money for drinks and snacks for 6 of us up there again if the experience wasn't improved.

Something needs to be done to keep it busier before and after the WISHES 60 min window. Otherwise it is a matter of time before it is gone. Happy Hour specials for food, drinks? Late night specials? If opening it up for all of DVC works I am all for it. But if it doesn't make it more profitable before and after WISHES then it isn't going to help keep it open in the long run.

I'm sure they would let you valet (for a fee) at CR. Other than that it would have to be the Transportation and Ticket Center. BLT doesn't necessarily have adequate self parking for guests plus dozens of non-guests headed to the lounge.

What about using Tables in Wonderland for free Valet parking? I don't see why that wouldn't work. Hoping!:goodvibes

I had to go outside. So much for the drink I had just paid for. With six of us up there, paying for drinks whether alcoholic or not, it just wasn't worth it.

:(

just get your drink in a plastic container - then you can take it outside and enjoy the fireworks.

first of all the lounge is disney not DVC. secondly the deck can still work even if they close the lounge.

of course can see it going back to blt guests only if that happens.

kind of wish Disney had let anyone staying at BLT come to the lounge - than DVC members staying elsewhere.

maybe others don't have this problem - but if I know that I am not driving - would be more likely to have a drink or even two - than if I have to drive later.

so now when do BLT DVC members staying at BLT get to experience Storm a long bay

What about using Tables in Wonderland for free Valet parking? I don't see why that wouldn't work. Hoping!:goodvibes

I believe you have to dine at a participating restaurant in order to receive free valet with TiW.

I was up there twice this past week. The lounge seemed normal till about 45 minutes before fireworks, then all hell broke loose! I asked the server about it and he told me its just the usual fireworks crunch. Everyone comes up right before the fireworks show. If you go an hour or two before the show, or hang around after the show, the lounge is still a great place to relax!

I for one love being able to go up there after a long day at the MK, no matter where I am staying....

The offer has been extended to December 29. THE DVC site says that parking is not available for those staying at other resorts. Is this enforced or do they allow parking there?

Just like anything else, it says no parking for TOWL so why would there be parking for TOWL? Just irks me to ask, it says no parking, so no parking:confused3

You need to present your dining receipt when you pick up your car. Does TOWL participate in TIW?

We used the TIW for drinks at TOWL earlier this month.

Bobbi:goodvibes
Thanks Bobbi. Now that the end date has been extended we have the option to check out the lounge on our next trip. I'm happy to hear we can use the TIW card there!

Thanks Bobbi. Now that the end date has been extended we have the option to check out the lounge on our next trip. I'm happy to hear we can use the TIW card there!

Yup - used the TIW card here too - there is a slight delay in processing the bill as the bartender told me a manager form the contemporary needs to come up to approve the discount.

Tip: go at dusk before the sun falls to be able to see the mural on the windows behind the bar.

Perfect! :goodvibesI was going to look it up, now I don't have to. Thank you, Dh and I can now go use valet parking to check out the lounge. Of course we'll have drinks and probably appetizers.

Will there be any problem going in around 5pm? We have a 5:45 at CA Grill, so I'd like to stop up for a drink before.

I'll just point out that TotW is not listed as a TiW participating location. That makes me question whether the discount will be given consistently.

I'll just point out that TotW is not listed as a TiW participating location. That makes me question whether the discount will be given consistently.

We have always been given a TIW discount- I believe it is not listed separately because it's actual manager is from the Wave. They don't have their own ordering or management. The bartender was telling us about having to choose what to bring over from the Wave bar and if something different was needed she could call down there and have it sent up. I know we have had times when it takes awhile to get the discount due to having the wait for the manager from the Wave to come up and approve it.

Perhaps TOWL is not on the TIW list because it is not open to all TIW card holders. It could cause confusion for TIW card holders to see it on the list, head over there and then find out they cannot get in.

We also had no trouble using the TIW card. If you're doing an appetizer, I highly recommend the pretzels! Even though we were there at a chaotic time, the pretzels were terrific!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter