Anyone have any TOWL lounge access updates?

BLTLDZ

Loving our DVC :)
I remember reading they were doing a trial for other DVC members staying at other resorts.....any updates?

Still scheduled to end on 8/26. I can't even find the info on the member website and we never received the email. :sad2:

:earsboy: Bill

They keep the access doors to BLT opened during the hours the TOTW lounge is opened,so no key is required to get into the building. As I waited in the lobby last week,there were quite a few groups from the other DVC resorts going up. We enjoyed going to the lounge once, but watched the fireworks 3 times. We were staying at BLT.

Thanks for the info Bobbi. I was wondering how it was panning out...

They keep the access doors to BLT opened during the hours the TOTW lounge is opened,so no key is required to get into the building. As I waited in the lobby last week,there were quite a few groups from the other DVC resorts going up. We enjoyed going to the lounge once, but watched the fireworks 3 times. We were staying at BLT.

Be careful at the doors - we almost walked through them last week, as they did not open, and we went only 45 minutes before Wishes. Had to knock on the door to get CM's attention after finding out from Contemporary lobby that's how we get in. :confused3

I assume that they opened it up for those DVCers staying at other DVC resorts because it was not busy enough with just those staying at BLT. If they aren't making any money on the bar and food in the lounge, I'm afraid they won't keep it it open.

I really enjoying visiting it earlier this year and hope it doesn't go away.

My DH came in on ME last Tuesday. I waited in the lobby for him, around 9, thinking that I needed to be there to let him in, since I had picked up his key. The first, outside doors were opened, the second opened as the guests passed the electric eye. The CM on duty told me they were opened since other DVCers were coming to see the fireworks, go to the lounge.

The offer has been extended to December 29. THE DVC site says that parking is not available for those staying at other resorts. Is this enforced or do they allow parking there?

The offer has been extended to December 29. THE DVC site says that parking is not available for those staying at other resorts. Is this enforced or do they allow parking there?

They can be pretty strict at the Contemporary as many people will try to park there to avoid paying for parking at the Magic Kingdom.

We stayed at BLT for 8 nights last week. The sign said only DVC members staying at BLT, and their guests were permited up to TOTW Lounge. We had Theme Park view room so only went up there twice and there seemed to be many folks there who were not staying at BLT. We are DVC members and had to show our Keys to the World card and they brought us to an elevator and sent us up. Bottom line is I don't know what they are doing now, but it seemed like there were more than DVC members staying at BLT up there when we were there.

One of the two nights we went up was around 11pm, 45 minutes after fireworks ended and there was one table being used. The Bar Staff told us if we arrived by 9:30 we could get a table by the window. A few nights later we arrived around 9:25 and there were a couple tables by the window available as well as many more in the center of the room. The problem was by the time the fireworks started there were so many people outside on the deck we could not see everything from our table so we too went outside to watch the show. We went back in to have another drink after the fireworks and the place was practically deserted. There was only our table and two others being used.

My impressions are I'm not sure how they will keep the place running. Most of the visitors were up there to see the fireworks only and were not spending money. During the 45 minute rush from 9:30 to 10:15 they need a staff of what looked to be five Cast Members to serve drinks, bring snacks, clean tables etc. The rest of the time the place seemed dead.

They really need to promote it for things other than the fireworks, that is the only time people think to go up there. We went up one evening waiting on our table at the wave and had a drink, no one else there during our entire stay. I would hate to see it close.
Drew

My impressions are I'm not sure how they will keep the place running. Most of the visitors were up there to see the fireworks only and were not spending money. During the 45 minute rush from 9:30 to 10:15 they need a staff of what looked to be five Cast Members to serve drinks, bring snacks, clean tables etc. The rest of the time the place seemed dead.

I agree, I feel bad for the CM's working there. It is only busy 45 mins a night and 90% of them aren't even spending money. My wife and I have stayed at BLT for a week the last 2 years. We don't care anything about fireworks. We like to go up almost every night we are there for a drink or two before going out for dinner. Usually between 6 -7. It is never busy. Lots of times we have been the only customers there. We are checking in for another week 9/1and can't wait to go back.

We went up there on the 12th I think, its beautiful, had a wonderful waitress. We were at SSR Treehouses and then AKL Kidani. I showed my DVC card at the front desk, the cast member put us on the elevator with her key and sent us up. We had 5 others with us and the place was pretty empty, we closed it! Oh we spent plenty that night. I kept the email from DVC so I was able to refer to the times, etc. :)

I really wish TOTWL was more of a restaurant. (light fare) It would be a great place to go for a light dinner/late lunch or snack.

Disney has extended the trial until the end of December. No parking at BLT allowed.

We were there on 8/19, and oh my were we disappointed. :(

We stayed at BLT on our last 3 trips, and loved getting to go up to the lounge. My DH and I could sit and have a drink and watch Wishes together, and a couple of times we brought our kids up to do the same. It was magical to sit up there in the dimmed lights with the music pumped in....

Cut to last week. No magic anymore. Granted, we were staying at AKV, not BLT. It was chaos. Way too crowded. A group of people had let their kids put their toys everywhere, and allowed them to jump all over the large round ottoman in the middle of the room. When the Wishes music finally started (it was raining so it started a little late) I couldn't even hear it. I had to go outside. So much for the drink I had just paid for. With six of us up there, paying for drinks whether alcoholic or not, it just wasn't worth it.

It just broke my heart, and is now confusing me! We were missing BLT all week, though we loved AKV, partly because of TOTWL. Now I'm not so sure all those points are worth it. Watching Wishes from Main St. was about the same experience. Even though I wouldn't have benefitted from it this trip, I think they need to re-evaluate the procedures up there.

Not sure what the answer is, but I really don't think this is working. :(

So if you have a car, where do you park?

Anywhere you want except BLT. The info is posted on the DVC Member website, they want you to take Disney Transportation to BLT.

I posted a few weeks ago that transportation would be a issue, there isn't enough parking at BLT now and can you imagine 30 cars lined up to park at fireworks time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter